Bollinger band trading with MAs

1h strat on the way up so I’ve got a buy on. up about 20pips right now.

I noticed on forexfactory they show a high impact news item today, but here on babypips it doesn’t show.

So what’s the best way to keep informed of high impact news items?

This morning GBP action is looking a little sluggish and range bound… maybe the market is a bit hung-over after Friday’s pip fest! :smiley:

If you’ve kept that 1h long going… it been a good day for you Mike… nice one. :slight_smile:

Well…another fail and success combo (-15, +50)
I reckon the 1st one was a bad trade because the 5:1 boll was outside the 20:2 and still pointed sharply upwards. In the 2nd trade it had flattened a bit and the close was under the 20:2. EU was moving sharply down at the time.
Any thoughts?

SanMiguel… absolutely agree with your analysis. I too took 45 on that last down right on S/R. :slight_smile:

Currently trying to figure if the 4h candles are sliding down the 20:1 boll line and therefor its a possible fake breakout long or if PA is setting up a double wick on the 15m for another go at long?

It has been a good day. Although it retraced on me a bit and stopped me out. had a trailing stop set maybe a little too close. I should have seen that coming . That was the usual 14:00 GMT drop.

But I did well overall and thinking of getting back in.

Looks like that retrace is where you guys made the pips. If I could have been paying closer attention maybe I could have taken advantage of that.

Robert,

Last night I was studying your 20 pip per day spreadsheet, it’s impressive, potentially life changing stuff! Wish I had paid more attention to it back when you first posted it.

I’m having trouble finding the right words to explain what’s spinning around inside my ADD /dyslexic brain, :confused: …it seems to me that your 20 pips method isn’t just about gaining pips, it’s a whole package. It’s like an apprenticeship, you’re doing it more for the experience, but the pay is still important because eventually you need to have enough money to set up your own shop, right?

Anyway, I’ll be back to you with a few questions…

You’re a generous person, thank you for your willingness to help!

[B]d-pip[/B]

20 pips…? :smiley:

EU is giving you a bag full of pips…for a fortnight…since a couple of hours.

Take a look @USDX…impressive stuff…:smiley:

D-pip, did you get the latest copy of that excel with the formulas I put in? I made some modifications to it since then putting some simple pip calculators on another worksheet. I’ll try to get it posted tonight.

The 20 pip a day thing is what I’m shooting for, trying for more than that, but at least that much.

Ask Robert what his son did with that. :smiley:

I’ve been busy and haven’t traded much today… looks like EUR/USD took a bit of a dive your comments over the weekend about the dollar are proving right! :slight_smile:

TalonD, I think I already have the latest copy, thanks!

[B]R Carter[/B]

Do you find GU PA a little strange today…?

The only price line GU seems to respect is 4h 63MA. All other TF’s GU does not seem to care about them.

Or is it just me…perhaps having a “misunderstanding” with GU…? :smiley:

If anyone of the MT4 users are interested, I’ve attached a MT4 multi-time frame bolls-band. I found it on the net and made a minor edit to the code. If you’ve used MT4 multi time frame indicators you’ll know how to set it up. It’s pretty cool, for example today I had the 1h bolls & 15m bolls on the 15m chart.

hope the zip file works, the babypips server seems to be screwing them up

gold/blue 1h-bolls - black 15mm bolls

#MTF_Bolls d-pip edit.zip (1.51 KB)

I agree when the 63 ma is close PA seems to follow it? Today GU has been bouncing off S/R at 1.625 (strong) and 1.635, 1.640.

What I was trying to say is its not about hundreds of pips a day, its more about being realistic. 20 pips a day averaged out will grow an account to big numbers over a few years through compounding. It also helps you not overtrade.

20 pips a day doesn’t sound alot but it compounds up! The trick in following this aproach is to bug out with your target take. The longer your in the greater the risk of getting kicked in the ass. :slight_smile: With good set up trades you can get 20 pips in one trade, certainly 2 X 10 pip trades.

Minimum exposure, realistic take. A day at a time. Compounded up and retire in under 5 years? The big question is do you have the dicipline to follow it? :smiley:

Greetings - I have been hunting for that spreadsheet and have been unable to locate it. Any guess as to the page it is on in this forum? Thanks in advance.

explain all that please. I’m trying to understand but sometimes I don’t quite get it.

Which bit? :smiley: For some strange reason GU likes the 63 MA… when its close GU will respect it. The S/R’s speak for themselves but the 1.625 has been tested repeatedly over the last four months and as support has proven very strong. Scroll back and take a peak. :slight_smile:

I see that 1.625, also up above there there is the 1.655 area. But I don’t get what you two mean about it acting strange today?