Bollinger band trading with MAs

You should try the daily Mike… now theres a chart. :D:D:D

I rarely use 20:3 and I haven’t backtested it yet but I was going to test whether it gave more reliable trade signals than just 20:2. Alternatively, whether signals with smaller wicks could be taken from the 20:3 than from the 20:2. However, if you only took 20:3 signals, you’d miss out on so many potential trades that it might not be worth it. Like I say, it’s just a theory and I have it stuck up on my chart at present because of that.

[B]SanMiguel[/B]

My experience is that when 20:3 gets hit PA is already climbling the upper/ lower 20:1 & 20:2 boll… probably not a good time to be looking for a counter trade. :smiley:

Good point.I have been confused on the real significance of 20:2 and 20:3.I will try to demo it to see the difference.
By the way, did you mean 20:2 and 20:3 in the above bold statement?
Thanks.

Yes, that’s true.

Yep, I’ve changed it now.

I agree with this idea of 20:3 but i notice that 5:1,20:1 and 20:2 are far more sufficient to trade on 5m and 15m.That is what i have been doing since you introduced them few days ago.I guess the importance of 20:3 is what you stated above.
Thanks.

Agreed. :smiley:

This system…and I call it a system and [B]not[/B] a strat…as laid out, explained and proven with plenty of charts in different instruments constitutes of the following components…

5m,15m,1h and 4h TF’s

1:2,1;5,1:20,2:20,3:20BB

3,6,9,14 LWMA [original laid out…I use them and have taken out 14 last week…other people use different Mas of theit choice] on 5m,15m,1h TF’s

S&R areas from 1h, 4h, 1day, 1week TF’s

Trendlines…aka fans

This system combined wit London Breakout 1 and Trendlines with SSD strats…if used with [B]ALL[/B] components and [B]to it’s fullest potential[/B]…has [B]no[/B] limits of pips.
[B]
[U]Trouble is…people have to realize and understand what they actually got here…with this system…instead of deleting components.[/U][/B]

But that’s a job everybody has to do for himself and finding out.

I wish everybody well on that journey.

My thank you goes to [B][I]San Miguel[/I][/B] and [B][I]R Carter[/I][/B] for starting this thread. :slight_smile:

That’s a good summary, SanMiguel should copy and paste that in the first post.

Done. I will at some point go through and link key posts into the first page.

I have allot of reading to do now. I look forward to it, I like how you guys trade. Thanks for sharing.
SEAN

Actually, I do have a function for the 20:3 and that is stop loss location but more often than not it amounts to the same thing as placing your stop loss above/below the most recent wick or S/R area.

Out of interest, have you run the 4hr middle crossover strat through the trade simulator? I’m sure the principle is the same as the 1hr but might be subject to a bit more ranging issues. :confused:

There is a live show staged right now with 3:20 on 1h in GU…it demonstrates it’s function very well…live that is.:smiley:

Tricky because 4h and 1h are at the bottom of the boll ranges, Daily is on the middle boll and the 15min shows some good resistance at the 1.6330 area.

I haven’t tried it in the simulator, but just scrolling the chart back on 4h I agree it seems a bit more rangey than 1h. When it’s ranging then then 1h has trouble too so that’s what I have to watch out for. I’m trying to recognize when it’s doing that and stay out.

That 1h,3:20 is a red line @present…in fact since the last five 1h candles incl. present one.

I almost got burned when I re-entered down there. Just got out @BE. Not paying 3:20,1h respect. :smiley:

I am not going to repaet that. Until GU clears that area. +78 pips from that early London Breakout is fine for me.

EU is today’s special on FX menu. :smiley:

Unless I’m looking at it wrong…
It doesn’t look like it’s bouncing off the 20:3, looks like it was sliding down along that line and now just drifting away from it some ? I still see some downside to it.

Edit: Well it did bounce off the 20:2 though :o

Not quite…have a look @4h:smiley:

I am looking @T/P 1.6403 = daily PP.

We will see.

I thought you meant 20:3 on the 1h. Anyway, what’s causing that big spike? I don’t see a major impact news item? At least I got most of it. :smiley:

running ? no, but trotting with an occasional stumble :stuck_out_tongue: