Bollinger band trading with MAs

hey guys and gals I just wanted to say hi and comment on your thread. I haven’t been posting to much as of lately but I poke around here and there. I started reading through this thread and I am very intrigued. I don’t want to ask any questions that may have already been answered so I will refraim. I will say that I have always loved bb’s and I currently trade with ma’s The ma’s I use are Ken Lee style (eohater’s method) and I use alot of price action. I am interested to see how the bb’s and the lwma’s change my perspective.

Thanks for the great thread, John

Congrats on the new ‘handle’ your holyness. :smiley:

I traded the 5m GU and entered at the high when PA stepped back into the 5:1 boll. 5:1 boll moved sideways to down and place another sell at the next PA step outside of the 5:1 boll. Closed both out at the 63 ma. Just did same again on the last high.

Thanks so much for this. I will demo it and get back to you.I will try my very best to read PA quickly.
How do i get to know when the news about oil is coming? Where do you get information about oil press release or something?
Regards,
John.

SM,
What time is the best to trade after news or before news.Say, 30minutes before news and 30 minutes after news? I have not mastered this.
Thanks,
John

Haha.You are always funny.Not sure news will break my pivot point indicator.I guess i did something wrong.
Thanks
John.

SM,
CONGRATS.I notice you are now honorary member.
Keep up the good work.

cas,
Do you know of best broker that trades in oil where i can open an account with?

10:30EST…every Wednesday…inventory releases…that’s like NFP in Oil :smiley:

so who is trading the NFP today besides me?

Probably not me. :slight_smile:

I like to leave 30mins either side of the news reports but it’s not a guaranteed rule, just whenever it looks like it’s settling down.

I didn’t want to trade the 1st high after the news as I didn’t know how far it would go.

:smiley:

Never seen that before…

EU & GU PA almost identical.

1h 63sma & 3:20 is doing it’s job again. :smiley:

Buckets full of pips. :D:D

Thank you. Is this the only release i need to be on the lookout for?
John.

Thanks.I think 30 is probably ok. I may add extra 15 minutes then to avoid unforseen circumstances.
john.

…here…? :smiley:

What do ya wanna know about E/U vs. G/U…?

ah yes, here, sorry been busy today. It’s been said on here that E/U is kind of a leading indicator of G/U ? I’ve been watching it and EU does appear to move pretty much the way GU moves but its hard for me to see it making moves ahead of GU. Can you show me a picture to illustrate what to look for?
Is there much of a time delay between when EU moves in a certain direction and GU then follows?
I assume you would compare them on the same time frame?

CAS,
Do you have an idea of how to close multiple positions? I tried it on demo but it seems i just have to close it one by one.
Thanks.
John.

Are you talking about multiple positions or multiple lots here…?

Thanks. What i am saying is ,say, i open trade with multiple positions of 8 standard lots which is 8 *8= 64 lots and i want to close it? I dont wanna do one by one.

IBFX has a script that closes all and another that closes partial positions.

I haven’t tried them I don’t trade more then one at a time.

If you don’t have a IBFX account I can send it to you.

Thank Jcgibson,
I am using Meta Trader 4. I dont have ibfx.Do you have an idea about how to do this on MT4?.
John