Book Studies - Anyone like to join?

Hey all!

In the last few months I have gathered quite a collection of books on FOREX, trading, trading psychology, chart reading, and price action. I’m carefully reading each one, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Group Book Study?

Several of us would commit to reading the same book. Then chapter-by-chapter we would post summaries and have a discussion of what was written.

Is anyone interested in joining? Does anyone have requests of what books they would like to cover together?

Here are some that are currently in my collection:

The FX Bootcamp Guide to Strategic and Tactical Forex Trading
The Forex Trading Course: A Self-Study Guide to Becoming a Successful Currency Trader
Technical Analysis of the Currency Market
Day Trading and Swing Trading the Currency Market
Naked Forex
Understanding Price Action
Forex Price Action Scalping
Trade What You See
Trades About to Happen
One Good Trade
Trading in the Zone
Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom

I would be willing to host a thread on any of these, provided I get several others who commit to joining. Alternately, we could cover a different book if anyone would like to recommend one and others would also like to do that one.

41 Likes

Wow, pretty amazing collection. Have you read all of these? It’s good to see this level of enthusiasm on a forum like this. I probably would be interested in joining you.

I have a lot of trouble seeing where to draw my channels (don’t worry, my eyesight is good).

Which book would help me the most, in your opinion?

2 Likes

I’ve read most of them. I’m currently working my way through Technical Analysis of the Currency Market. I’ve got Naked Forex, Understanding Price Action, Forex Price Action Scalping, and Trades About to Happen, all the ones on price action, in my “to read” pile. I wanted to read those all together.

And unfortunately I think those are the ones that would help you, AND me, the most right now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can recommend those three, anyway. Very helpful indeed.

I think you might want to read Tharp’s Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom before any of them, and before most books, really? It’s very good but completely introductory, for beginners.

We had quite a long discussion here about Trading in the Zone last week, in another thread. I was quite surprised but pleased that most people posting there seemed to agree with my view of it (overinflated rubbish written by someone who can’t trade - not worth reading at all).

1 Like

I am aware of the thread.

I enjoyed One Good Trade quite a bit. I mentioned it on another forum and received a rather vicious savaging from another member insisting that Bellafiore was a chump.

He didn’t deny that Mike DID, in fact, manage his own prop equities trading firm, and had been for some time. I think his main beef was that Bellafiore was a day trader. In his not so humble opinion profitable day trading was NOT possible, therefore anyone claiming to have consistent long term income from day trading was automatically a liar.

I’m saving my trading psychology books for last.

I’m a former internet poker player. Concepts like money management and emotional self possession cross over, so I’m very comfortable with those. Where I need education is in the nuts & bolts of trading ,so that’s what I’m focusing on.

[quote=“phydaux, post:1, topic:112405”]
[/quote
Can I have this please :heart_eyes:

And this.,please hehe

I am interested; please allow me!

The first step is selecting a book, preferably one we all have or can all get.

This 2 book. Hahaha :joy:

I am so interested! Which book are we starting with?

That hasn’t been decided.

We could go with a broad book like:

The FX Bootcamp Guide to Strategic and Tactical Forex Trading
The Forex Trading Course: A Self-Study Guide to Becoming a Successful Currency Trader

A tech analysis book like:

A price action book like:

Naked Forex
Understanding Price Action
Trade What You See
Trades About to Happen

A trading psychology book like:

Trading in the Zone

I think we should discuss book catagories first. What is the general interest?

1 Like

Since I am super new to trading, I’d like to add a vote to the Forex Self Study Guide , or Tech analysis of the Currency Market. It’s okay if everyone chooses a more advanced book though! I’ll have to get in where I fit in lol!

1 Like

The FOREX Trading Course is a bit on the pedantic side. And I wouldn’t say that Technical Analysis of the Currency Market is a good starting point for a new trader.

I love this idea!! What book would you like to get started with?

Again, it needs to be a book that several people are interested in and that we all either have or can get. That’s why I’m trying to gauge interest.

1 Like

OK buddy I’m in…:v:

For me I’m just looking to immerse myself more into forex. I’m a still a rookie just trading demo a demo account and I rather log onto a forum and talk about forex. Than some social media site filled with unrelated distractions. I’m basically following the course here on this site but would love to get any other knowledge people have

1 Like

OK, so the following people have shown interest in this idea:

Alanlim3
obmatt
abundance10fold
Luke_Ronchi
steveepperson

I’d really appreciate a reply from each of you stating what book, or if not a specific book then what topic, you would like to explore.

I can totally see this becoming a monthly series, with us tackling a new book every month.

To help out, I’m going to throw out a list of topics, and titles of books on those topics:

INTRODUCTORY

TECHNICAL ANALYSIS

PRICE ACTION

Naked FOREX

GENERAL TRADING

One Good Trade

TRADING PSYCHOLOGY

Trading in the Zone
Trading for a Living
Come Into my Trading Room

I posted those specific titles for a reason. In order for this to work, we have to all have a copy of the book we are studying together. And the dead tree versions of some of those can be quite spendy. I happen to know that those books can be, um, found.

Please reply with your preferences. Anyone else who would like to join, please feel free to chime in.

1 Like