Can we really make money by forex trading course/webinar/seminar?

I see many successful traders hold these courses in both online and offline form and gather hundreds of attendants. I know most don’t make money after the course but do we really have successful trader after joining those courses?

2 Likes

It depends on the trader and the course, I think.

1 Like

Not really…They can give you their concept on what has worked well in the market for them.

It might not work for you for several reasons

-capital
-personality type
-Point in the market cycle

My personal opinion is that they are so many free resources online for free that you can be successful using them.

THE GREATEST INVESTOR IN THE WORLD EVER RAY DALIO HAS FREE VIDEOS

9 Likes

I think it really depends on the person. :open_mouth: I mean, some people succeed even without these forex trading courses. And some succeed with them. :smiley: Haha. Which ones are you looking at right now? :thinking:

3 Likes

There are only three convincing reasons to pay for a training course concerned with trading -

1. you will learn something useful that is not otherwise in the public domain
  2. so that you can either start making a trading profit sooner than any other learning method would allow
  3. so that you can evaluate trading against another business opportunity which has a limited time availability

No.1 does not really apply - every approach to trading imaginable has already been tried and their techniques and results are readily available. Challenge the trainers to tell you what unknown techniques are worth paying for - if they can tell you, you can find these out for yourself: if they won’t tell you, then you must realise you are giving money away to people you don’t know and you don’t even know what you’re buying.

No.2 - There’s no evidence for this.

No.3 is actually a good reason - if this other opportunity is going to evaporate soon, you will definitely want to make a decision early, whether to carry on trading or to get into this other venture while it is still available. Otherwise, don’t pay for training.

5 Likes

Webinars can teach you, but they take you only so far.

4 Likes

I agree with you. Some traders just for fun create all sorts of courses and webminars, but only a few are able to provide useful information.

I don’t even think it’s just for fun, it’s largely for profit. When it comes to a paid course the main question always is why this trader is bothering with such a course when he can use the knowledge they’re selling you to make money themselves.

8 Likes

Not many of the courses that I see can offer the close supervision that a person needs to learn. Some of them do.

This forum offers several different approaches that you can follow along and practice on a regular basis and get help with specific questions. You can take any of those approaches and examine every aspect of them on a daily basis and get help, perhaps even improve on the strategy… NO CHARGE!

1 Like

I paid for a few courses from udemy its seems pretty good and I feel it helping a total newbie like myself if anything it at least helped me understand or shift my mindset into that of a trader. So far haven’t made any trades but Ill feel a bit more confident when start but the course was cheap enough $12 so it’s not too bad

First you have to understand that anyone selling a course or organizing a seminar has a motive. He wants to make money by giving you information. Most of them are not successful traders. Keep that in mind. What you do with the course is up to you.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for others but let me talk about my experience. When I first started out, I went through babypips , took a course with Jonathan Fox which was really basic (waste of money), watched lot of you tube content, read lot of books. I demo tested lot of strategies with demo money for over 3 years until I became profitable. Bottomline, is that a course can only teach you basic concepts and will not make you profitable overnight. The only way you will become profitable is through experience and no course can teach you experience. For me it has been a long journey - took me at least 4 years of lot of demo testing and then using real money to finally become profitable. Finally, I have developed my own profitable system based on the concepts I have learned and practised over the years.

4 Likes

After attending so many “trainings” and “orientations”, this kitty tuwwader has arrived at samm conlusions why I’m not wuvving it:

1. 90 purrcent of what they will kitty teach you, is found on the internet FOR FREE (Gasp!)
    You know what, imma share with you a super secret website where the gurus take their teaching materials from: Learn Forex Trading at School of Pipsology - BabyPips.com (Don’t kitty tell the gurus i spoiled their secwet) :cat:

2. Trainings and seminars can only go so far. There are some things (if not most) that you have to kitty learn through EXPERIENCE. You can’t teach everythin by making kittens read books and look at pictures. You can’t teach tradin psychology like making em cry and drink beers after losses. You gatta make em feel the emotions of fear and greed and make em get hurt with losses coz only experience will let em consolidate/ put together what they learn in theory. It’s not like kittygarten where you read and take a quiz. At the end of the day, you gotta put money on the line.

3. Those who CAN’T DO, TEACH. LoL. Well maybe their accounts are experiencing slack so they make up for it by sponsoring trainings. LOL. We have an inside joke between us kitty traders:
    “When the mawwket is DOWN, the GURU SEASON starts! When the mawwket is up, SHOW PORT SEASON starts”

4. Every cat for himself. What woiked for him might not woik for you. Different traders, different trading styles, different risk appetite, different psyches
    I had a mentor who was soooo into Elliott Wave. I found it too difficult and felt like stuDYING for a PHD. I quit his program in a month. LOL. Not for me. I found samtin else that worked then stuck with it. :heart_eyes_cat:

5. Credentials. You can’t let a BUTCHER teach you how to be a BARBER. (wead between the lines)

Thanks for reading. Peace out and no offense to genuine mentors. Meow! :cat:

7 Likes

I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of charlatans in the FX market proclaiming to be able to make you rich beyond your wildest dreams. I get spammed by them day in and day out. Baby Pips is a great place to start and can teach you a lot. But to really learn I believe that everyone needs a good coach mentor teacher sifu whatever to help and quide you become a competent trader.

I have been down that road and I can confidently recommend two traders who teach and are genuine in their desire to help new traders become competent traders. One is David Duty Common Sense Commodities who has a daily trading webinar featuring live trading and the other is Al Brooks. Completely different styles but both well worth the money you pay for their services.

1 Like

Although I do agree with most comments here, there can be some benefits I believe in purchasing a course. Maybe there’s something you can’t find an explanation for on the internet, where as in a course you can. Sometimes just a simple information can go a long way and at that point the price you paid could be worth its value.

1 Like

you’re so kitty-bulous…love it

1 Like

Thank you foww the support, dear hooman. We cats live to help. :smiley:

it depends on situation , generally broker company always arrange learning course , webinar or seminar for their advertise, nothing without it. so very little chance there is to bring profit by that type of.

You are asking can we basically con people into buying our bullshit course over time trough whole time of it and without any emotion over that ? I bet we can, but there will be somebody who will stop using that anyway. I am kinda lost with all.

Sure we can and the whole single or not that many persons who will make money from that will be that people who taking that course seminar or something like that totally and completely. See my point with all that matters ? I hope you really do.