Can you trade FOREX at night?

A few nights ago, I was having trouble sleeping (I’m like that, all my best work is done in the early hours of the morning; it’s when my mind works best… a problem when you’re trying to get to sleep). Anyway, I pulled out my laptop, had a look at my charts and thought I saw an opportunity. This was the first time I’d ever tried to make a trade (I’m still learning, and using a demo account), but I received an error message to tell me that the market was closed when I tried to place my order. Why was this? Also, are there any particular currencies that are better traded between 20:00 GMT and 03:00 GMT? Many thanks!

Hey man, the beauty of the forex market is that it is open 24 hours a day, so you can trade any time you want. Take note though that the market is closed over the weekends - traders still need to take a break! 20:00 GMT to 3:00 GMT is somewhere around the Asian session so you might want to check out yen pairs or AUD/USD and NZD/USD around those times. Good luck!

I trade Yen pairs and EU pairs during the night time. So you may try those

yes I can do trading easily at night Some trading hours are really good for night trading according to my time zone I can get much movement in night tim . If I want to get quick results of trading I try these timings whe market is quick. Forex give us chance to trade any time in 24 hours.

AUD and JPY pairs usually have good volatility at night. I especially like AUD when Australia or China has reports scheduled.

True!! However, I think you will need to add that every forex market has different start and end times. In New York, trading starts at 8:00am EST and closes at 5:00PM EST. Lets keep using EST here, Tokyo session begins at 7:00pm EST and closes at 4:00am EST.
The Sydney session gets underway at 5:00pm EST and then closes up at 1:00am EST. Forex trading in Frankfurt opens at 2:00am EST and stops at 10:00am EST. In London, forex trading commences at 3:00am EST and closes at 11:00am EST.

My dear one can trade any time in forex it is day or night it is up to a trader what time suits him . I like to trade early in the morning with more concentration when there is less disturbance. Then I trade in evening after my job . A trader makes his schedule according to his activity to avail best time.

The time of day you trade is al very relative to the timezone you live in yourself, just find out for yourself what session opens on what time in youre own timezone and trade accordingly.

I don’t trade during the night. I’ve long had issues with insomnia, but I quickly realized that awake or not I just don’t think as clearly and rationally during those hours, so I avoid doing that.

Forex market open twenty four hour five day a week, every trader they can trade acording their preferable, for me also usuallly trade forex at night after go home from my offline job, this is one benefit forex business, we can treat as part time business also.

You can trade 24/5, it is up to you, but it is not recommended. What ever you was trading it was probably close from your broker because there are instruments which you cannot trade at some certain times.

It is the feature of forex market that its opened 24 hours a day and forex gives us chance to trade any time in 24 hours, we can do forex in the night according to our convenience but movement is very slow at that time.

Hi,

I am from Indonesia. At the time of our night, The market of Euro and UK are about to close and the market of US just opened. I normally trade the EURUSD and USDCHF.

I sometimes trade at night for only a few hours. I always put in my mind that I am not going to leave the trade unattended. Therefore, I always close the trade before I go to sleep.

Believe me, You would not sleep if your position is on the red color.:51::51:

The market closes on weekend. For your case, during the 20:00GMT and 03:00 GMT, I think you would like to try the currencies of NZD, AUD and Yen as their markets are just about to open.

Thanks,
Fivefoottraders.

As forex market is open from Monday to Friday so you can trade at night as well.

Yeah you can trade in forex market in night time also, but it mainly depends in which time zone you comes in, and in what time frame you prefer trading.

If you can’t sleep - sure, you can trade Forex at night. :slight_smile:

Can you trade during nights? Yes, but not all instruments are available. Usually traders are looking for volatility, so London session is the best for that. So depends what time zone you live in.

One advantage forex business is the market open twenty four hour five day a week, as trader they can free to select time to trade, if they only have time at night they can trade but maybe not all time pair move like as our favour, which session market also have own character movement.

Trading can be done anytime in working days but there are some special time frames in trading that are profitable or risky too in news trading because fluctuations are high at news time.

Forex is a true 24 hour market my friend, 5 days a week :slight_smile: unless you tried to trade during saturday/sunday