CFA Trader - Market Profile and Price action analyses

its a signal and not a illustrative explained of trading system I guess.

I hope you can share the practical way to read the market profile. I knew that It takes a experience to do that. read a little concept of it while ago. I still don’t get the value area with my chart. >.< I download a market profile mt4 but it’s a color coded only. >.<

FastStare if you want more practical way to read MP I suggest you go to my website (it is against the rules to put links into here, so Google cfatrader). There is plenty of free videos (after simple registration) that will help you a lot.

do you have free market profile indi for mt4?
I will watch your video if I have good internet connection later. >.<

anyway, thanks for sharing this. :slight_smile:

I do not know any MP indikator for MT4. I use Market Profit Pack with NinjaTrader. All can be tried out for free. Check Market Profit Pack webpage (again use Google).

I don’t have ninja trader platform. it’s kinda laggie with my laptop. >.<

I have Idea now. I want to validate my idea, is it wiser to go sell short near Value High? I hope that you will answer this senior CFAtrader.

Usually it is wise

EURUSD - I took long on Friday after confirmation of buyers around 1,3500 level. Price did not bounce higher significantly. I put in stop loss before today´s macro news in Europe and was kicked out from the trade with a small profit.

Now I wait for another chance to open long position. I do not like today´s low so I will consider long around 1,3490 and 1,3460.

I am very busy his week. I had 3 webinars so no time to post here.

I am still bullish on EURUSD. I hold long position from Wednesday last week. I also took 2 more longs yesterady and hold them.

I see poor structure all the way to 1,3550 and expect price to test there.

too bad. >.<

EURUSD - Well, my outlook from this morning played out nicely. I tightened stop loss too agressively on the first position and was kicked out from the trade (with small profit). Later it went to desired profit target.

I was not angry. That is part of trading. And I had the second position in the market which went to profit target I intended.

EURUSD - I was not planning on doing any trades before tomorrow´s ECB. However this morning brought nice short opportunity.

I was patiently waiting for a test of strong support around 1,3525-1,3515. After the macro news release from US at 16:00 my profit target was hit, but because of wider spread I did not get a fill. So I closed the position manually. I lost few pips because of manual close, but that does not matter.

I was not expecting any good intraday swing opportunities before ECB, so this trade is a nice bonus :slight_smile:

EURUSD - so here is the big day for EUR. We will have the ECB rate announcement and Draghi´s press conference.

Hard to tell what the guy will say. If he surprises and lowers the rate or says something dovish, then I will try to open a short trade since I see poor structure below the market with medium and long term targets around 1,3100, 1,3000 and 1,2900.

I can also imagine a scenario with false downside move during the press conference, just to take stop loss orders below the consolidation range we have for the past 2 weeks and then reversal to the upside. I still hold long position from Wednesday (Sept. 18). It is no risk trade now so I will hold it into the press conference and either get kicked out of it or wait for my target at 1,3660.

I will wait for what clues the market offers during the press conference and after it.

hello.
I,m italian and i have begin to study Mp. I’m also following you!!
I have some question:

1 what do you think about mp technic applied to forex market? It is a market opened 24h a day.
2 how to set up the opens of every session? do you use different profile for every session or only one?
3 what platform are you use in this thread? it is mt4? Have you got an indicator for mt4 that shows the single letter of tpo?

thank you much very much and sorry for my bad english!!!
i have do a great job whit this tread;)

Buon giorno,

ad 1) MP is perfect for currencies that trade at Globex as futures contract, since you get reliable information about volume. You can use it for other pairs as well, but you loose all the advantages volume information and thus volume histogram gives you.
ad 2) You can observe profiles for individual sessions (ie. Asia, Europe, USA), but it is not necessary. I use 1 profile for the whole day. I am interested in 9:00 (GMT + 1), 14:20 and 15:30 and first hour after these times.
ad 3) I use NinjaTrader platform which is available for free. Indicators I use are called Market Profit Pack. You can have free trial of indicators too. Watch this video Ninja Trader and Market Profit Pack installation tutorial - YouTube
I use MT4 only to enter orders into market.

Have good trades.

Thanks. I have find an indicator for mt4, but don t have the ‘letters’ as tpo but only colored pixel. I have value area and poc.

Ninja trader and the mp after the expiration, could be renewed or i have to buy it …?
Why you don’t continue to write in this thread?

NinjaTrader has no expiration. You can use it for free for unlimited time.

Market Profit Pack trial is for 14 days. Then you have to buy. But you can buy only cetain visualizations, you do not have to buy the whole package.

I continue in this thread, but I am quite busy. I prepare 2 video analyses for Czech forex server every day and I was also doing some webinars for them. I was in the mountains for part of last week and markets are quite boring for past 1,5 days.

It is only when I have some free time and I see something interesting then I post here.

Have good trades

Thanks…

I’m try also thinkorswim. It is a good softwere. I’ll try also ninja trader

EURUSD - I have closed my second long position from Sept. 18 (Bernanke´s press conference).