Coffee is life, don't you agree?

Its possible. The just supposed to be dishwasher-proof and obviously it accepts hot liquids but maybe the heating and cooling just weakened it in the end.

Either way, in an old English phrase, its “up the spout”.

1 Like

It’s a labour of love, I guess.

This sounds nice! Do you have a preference between espresso and Americano? I hope I got this right. From my experience, an Americano is an espresso with a lot of milk, right?

I would say coffee is the beginning of life. It’s like the sprinkling of water onto the seed.

1 Like

Actually more water. No milk unless you add it. Perhaps is more similar to what a drip coffee machine makes.

Espresso is delicious, but there’s just not enough of it! Hence the Americano and additional water added, maybe to take off a bit of full flavor from a traditional non-American cup of coffee. I could be totally wrong here.

But I tend to like the Americano produced by my machine combined with a “coffee”. So maybe it’s in-between a coffee and Americano, at least the way my machine makes it.

The latte option requires a ton of milk. A cappuccino is maybe half to a 1/3 the milk of a latte. Lots of flavor
and foam with the cappuccino!

1 Like

My day would not be the same without it. And I’d probably go through several days or weeks of withdrawal if I were to stop drinking coffee.

I don’t even want to think about that.

1 Like

Well, you certainly know more than I do! haha

Perhaps I should get a book on coffee basics. I’ll add it to my list!

You know what I was thinking would be cool? To go to different countries and buy some local coffee beans. It’d be a nice story to tell while sharing. It’d also be nice to see if you can tell the difference between your everyday stuff and the stuff from abroad.

Well, if I want to go crazy, I’ll do a large Americano and then add a double shot of espresso to it. So in effect, 3 espresso shots, watered down. Add a little caramel creamer and man, you’ve got a delicious drink and the caffeine shakes for a bit!

I get a lot of work done!

1 Like

I always regret this burst of productivity lol.

As they say, caffeine borrows from the future. So come time to sleep, I’m just there…, tired, non-functional, but wide awake. Aand the cycle starts the following day!

I’m reading this book called Caffeine Blues:

I don’t think I can ever quit coffee but it’s nice reading about that possibility lol

1 Like

I make the coffee every morning, excpet on sunday when my wife makes it for me.:coffee:

2 Likes

Ristretto espresso shots. Learned about them today. Finer grind and half the water. Results in a strong and sweeter espresso shot.

2 Likes

This is what I get but if you get it a Starbucks it will still taste burnt no matter what. :joy:

A lot of that lingo is new to me. I love to hear people geek out about something they like!

Indeed! It is :yum:

Currently just drinking double coffees and testing Cafe Americanos with an extra shot. I need to watch my coffee intake, or rather, how much water I drink when I drink 3+ coffees a day. Not enough water and I feel super dry.

What is US coffee like? Not been there yet but I hear its weak, which is why they can drink so much of it.

I’m used to French style coffees and espresso’s. I don’t daily ration myself but they’re just not something you want a pint of.

I can’t speak for all, but rather give feedback from my relatives from abroad (Germany, France, Italy). They joke that it’s weak and watered down.

They also all have what I would consider more than just your run of the mill drip coffee machine. They have semi-automatic and fully automatic espresso machines, and just great beans.

1 Like

Coffee is just a stimulator for your brain. Needless to say it’s very effective but if you overdo with it than it can be something different from life but something worse, a heart disease or even death. It’s dangerous to drink too much coffee because it’s not good for heart.

2 Likes

Too much of anything can be a bad thing. But with moderation, you can enjoy it happily and not worry.

Same with alcohol, sweet foods, or any other guilty pleasure. But everyone has different tolerance levels.

@Murill What do you think?

1 Like

First of all, I would totally agree that coffee is life. It is totally lit. It boosts metabolism, takes the adenosine out of the equation to help you not feel much fatigue and buoys up your mental clarity, too much coffee can lower your sleep quality, and in the long run, it can be quite detrimental to sleep. And sleep is as crucial as mental health, clarity and focus.

However you’ve definitely check the level of intake and not overdose it.

Before I start my rant on coffee, allow me to just pitch in a few ideas for the ideal coffee:

The americano at that popular place that stars with Star and ends with bucks.

Na, I am just messing with you.

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is told to be one of the oldest and highest quality coffee bean types there is. But obviously the Brazilian Santos, and other beans from Kenya and Guatemala (like Antigua) can offer great flavors and a good addiction:D

It could create miracles. But if you listen to professors and neuroscientists who are also big proponents of coffee, you need to keep the amount of coffee you take throughout the day undercontrol.

Moderation basically is key. I know it can provide a great alertness, help you wake up and pull long hours and long nights back to back, but if you abuse it, it will not be all kittens and unicorns.

1 Like

Missed my morning coffee yesterday, and by lunch, I had the no-caffeine headache. I guess my brain is addicted!

Wow, I’ve got some beans to investigate! Thanks!

1 Like