Complete Currency Dynamics

Good morning.
Thursday’s start.
Quarterly table.

• CHF (pink) most bid that session +1.08%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -1.71%.

Monthly table.

Well, it was the Swiss (pink) and the JPY (purple) show that session. The Yen was just under them (+.96%). Therefore, we can see that the risk-off sentiment is prevalent.

Alright. Got to run.
I’ll be seeing you at the end of the day today.
Make it a good day today!
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (998.5 KB)

2 Likes

Good evening.
Thursday’s results.
Quarterly table.

• CHF (pink) most bid that session +1.67%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold that session -2.51%.
  • JPY (purple) most bought currency today +3.49%.
  • CAD most sold currency today -4.25%.

Monthly table.

Noteworthy. Both the Swiss (pink) and the Yen (purple) sure got bidded up today, huh? But yet, the Dollar (white) got hammered. Interesting.

Not only the Dollar, but the CAD (brown) really took a hit today.

Well, tomorrow is Friday. And by the looks of it, it sure does seem like those safe havens are overextended. Watch out for a correction. Profit taking. Same thing. Look. It’s been all one way this week, ever since the weeks open session. And when it comes to currency dynamics, knowing which day it is definitely qualifies for that. Fridays are known for going the other way from what’s been the flow of the week.

Alright.
Be careful out there.
See ya in the a.m.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (993.5 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.
It’s Friday.
Quarterly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid that session +1.12%.
  • AUD (red) most sold that session -1.04%.

Monthly table.

Well, that was a mix. Cause all the safe havens ended lower than they opened the session with. Sure, the Aussie (red) dropped but no one else did either. Quite different.

I’ll call it no real sentiment slant.

Let’s see how the day rolls out.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1001.9 KB)

Good morning.
More Friday market.
Quarterly table.

• NZD (dark red) most bid that session +1.48%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -.77%.

Monthly table.

Well, for today, since all three top safe haven currencies have been dropping some, I would say the risk-on sentiment is trying to come back. Look. It could be just a profit taking day. We’ll just have to see.

The NZD (dark red) all of sudden rose above where they started the week at. Look left. They began the week sitting at -13.67%. Well, while we’re at it, compare all of them since that point. See how much of a bid the Comms (AUD,NZD, (red, dark red) ) jumped out of the gate? Only then to go right back down. Well, I would be interested to see whether they get back up to that point, by the end of today. That would be telling. Meaning, a signaling of the market to go that way like next week, or by the end of the month.

See how important it is to know where things went previously? Well, that’s how I think anyway. We’ll just have to see what happens.

Alright.
Make it a good Friday. And I’ll see ya at the close.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (995.3 KB)

Good evening.
The weeks results.
Quarterly table.

• AUD (red) most bid that session +1.16%.
  • USD (white) most sold that session -1.47%.
  • NZD (dark red) most bought today +1.65%.
  • USD most sold currency today -2.29%.

Monthly table.

So, what do we have this week.

• The Dollar (white) bit the dust. Late in the week.
  • The Swiss (pink), and the Yen (purple) quite extended.
  • The CAD (brown) on a roller coaster ride this week. But ended lower since the open.
  • EUR (yellow) slightly higher.
  • Comms (AUD, NZD) opened strong, only to drop pretty bad. Made up some late day today, all the way to the end.
    They both ended higher than Friday’s close though.

That’s nice.
Check this out. For those of you who like charts instead of tables, I’ll show you this very same data on a chart. So this will be for the month of May, checked at every session.

If you like that, you’ll love all what I got on my excel sheet. Just go below the month of May. Then there’s more to the left of that. Actually, just zoom out and you should get a good idea of all I got. But below this month I have this chart and below that is the yearly running totals for everyone. It’s pretty massive.

Alright.
Let’s get on with the weekend.
Make it great!
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

Hello! And good weekend to ya.
I just finished something and figured just maybe someone else would think this is interesting. So, check this out.

This pair is a good proxy for telling whether the market sentiment is either risk-on or risk-off (AUD strong is risk-on, JPY strong is risk-off).

I tried to explain and give as much insight as possible about what you can get out of this data, top right.

Sorry this is only one pair, but that’s the pair I’m trading.

So, any clue about where it might go next week? The last week of the month?

I’ll just leave it right there.

Be careful.

Make it a good weekend!
Mike

Good morning.
It’s Monday.
Quarterly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid that session +1.84%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold that session -1.89%.

Monthly table.

It’s definitely risk-on. With all the Comms in the positive (AUD (red) .60%, NZD (dark red) .23%, CAD (brown) .40% ) and the safe havens quite low (JPY (purple) -1.89%, CHF (pink) -1.33% ). The Dollar (white) about even .03%.

Let’s just see how it all unfolds.
I’ll see ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

Geeeez. Sorry. Just seen now that I didn’t send it.
Well, I’ll be back with the latest shortly.

Good morning.
More Monday market.
Quarterly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +1.26%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -2.32%.

Monthly table.

Looks like we simply have a retracement from the first session (the open). Meaning, things went right back from what was taken. You have to understand that this is what happens in the course of a day. Back and forth. Right? But we should be able to see by how much this way.

You would have thought that at the beginning of the London session the Pound was on a roll, only to lose it all, and then more.

The Yen (purple) was looking to be selling off, in the first session, only to get some of that back. But…not all of it, up to this point.

It’s a mixed market today. So far. Although the top 2 safe havens (Yen, Swiss) are more sold off than where they started the day. Right? The Comms (reddish) are slightly more bought than where they started the day. And what about the EUR (yellow)? Looking like their elevated.

But, as I always say, we need to see where the day ends them up at. As it stands though, it’s more of a risk-on sentiment than a risk-off. Nothing all that crazy mind you.

Alright. With the U.S. being off today, it should be more of a calm day. Well, you really never know around this market. We’ll just have to see.

See ya at the end.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

Good evening.
Monday’s results.
Quarterly table.

• CHF (pink) most bid that session +1.09%.
  • AUD (red) most sold that session -.81%.
  • USD (white) most bought today +1.09%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold today -1.05%.

Monthly table.

Looks like a mixed bag today. No line up changes. I would say that at the end here a one percent max bought currency and sold currency is not all that much. Slow day to start the week.

We do need to hang on this week, cause it’s the last week of the month. Things happen around this time. So beware.

I’ll leave you with as much as May as I can. This is a visual representation of my tables, in chart form. That’s all.

All those percentages are simply what my tables depict. And also divided up by the sessions, not by complete days.

Alright.
Make it a good night.
See ya in the morning time.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

2 Likes

Good morning.
Tuesday’s start.
Quarterly table.

• NZD (dark red) most bid that session +1.22%.
  • CHF (pink) most sold that session -.84%.

Monthly table.

Risk-on got the better of it that session. Nothing all that crazy but leaning that way. Let’s see how the day goes.

Alright.
I’ll be seeing you at the end of the day today.
Tuesday’s and Thursday’s I’m busy during those times.

Make it a good day today!
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

1 Like

Good evening.
Tuesday’s results.
Monthly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +1.29%.
  • EUR (yellow) most sold that session -1.14%.
  • JPY most bought today +1.93%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold today -2.02%.

Well, I got to get off here. Bad storm. Hail and all that.
So, the data is there for ya.

Alright.
See ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

1 Like

Good morning.
Wednesday’s start.
Quarterly table.

• CHF (pink) most bought that session +.91%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold that session -.69%.

Monthly table.

The top 2 safe havens (Yen (purple), Swiss (pink) ) had their way that session. And the risk-on currencies got sold off.

Well, we’re heading into the last couple days before the end of the month. Anything can happen.

Alright.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

1 Like

Good morning.
More Wednesday market.
Quarterly table.

• CHF (pink) most bid that session +.87%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold that session -1.55%.

We have a repeat from the results from last session. Looks like the market just wants to continue going that way. That just doesn’t happen too often.

Monthly table.

Today is turning out to be a risk-off day. Well, so far anyway. Just be careful as we’re at the end of the month days. Crazy stuff can happen.

Ok. See ya at the close today.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

Good evening.
Wednesday’s results.
Quarterly table.

• USD (white) most bid that session +1.06%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold that session -.89%.
  • USD most bid currency today +1.37%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold currency today -2.23%.

Monthly table.

A bit of a mix day today. There was a divergence between the Aussie (red) and the NZD (dark red). One was a buy and the other was a sell. Weird things happen like this at the end of the month.

Even that last session. The USD (white) and the Yen (purple) normally are not complete opposites, even in one session. They ride together. But not during this time.

Alright. Let’s see how it all plays out.
Have a good night, and I’ll see ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

Good morning.
Thursday’s start.
Quarterly table.

• AUD (red) most bid that session +1.51%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold that session -1.93%.

Monthly table.

That is the risk-on pair. And look around, it’s definitely the risk-on sentiment. We have to see how long this will last.

Alright.
I’ll be seeing you at the close today.
Make the best of it!
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

2 Likes

Good evening.
Thursday’s results.
Quarterly table.

• CHF (pink) most bid that session +1.03%.
  • AUD (red) most sold that session -.78%.
  • CAD (brown) most bought today +1.07%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold today -.60%.

For daily ending numbers, these are very low. Things went back to where they were earlier. Right?

Monthly table.

I would have to say that the Comms had a boost earlier in the day, but only to go back on down, a bit. Nothing all that earth shattering. So therefore, the prevailing trend is in tact. The safe havens rule. The risk-on currencies are (have been) trying, but can’t make a big move. Let’s see what happens tomorrow. Last day of the month.

(USD white, JPY purple).

Alright. See ya in the a.m.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

Good morning.
It’s Friday.
Monthly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +4.30%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold that session -3.10%.

Wow. Now those are some numbers. Very large moves.

It’s all safe haven flows. Of course with the Yen (purple) leading the way. So, looks like that’s how the month wants to end out. With a bang. And with the flow.

Ok. See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

Good Friday morning.
This is the yearly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +1.38%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -2.15%.

I just wanted to mention about the flow here. It’s the last day of the month. And today has been very, very against the flow. Look at the line up. Yearly running %'s. In this context, for the flow to be positive you would have the top 5 currencies ending the session more positive, also the bottom 3 currencies ending the session more negative. All that would equal a positive flow, right? Well, it hasn’t. Those are some very high negative numbers (1st session -8.72%, 2nd session -4.84% ).

That’s nice.
Quarterly table.

All we can say is that the Yen (purple) is still on a tear today. 2 sessions in a row. And look around, the risk-off play is the play so far today.

Monthly table.

Well, not a whole lot of difference between who’s most in demand and who’s not, between these 2 time spans (From April 1st, and May 1st). But, I do see it interesting about the EUR (yellow). They’ve been pretty respectable since April 1st (this quarter). But not all that much for this month all by itself. And then you can see them on the yearly table above.

Look. All I’m doing here is bringing to light a point.
Who’s the strongest currency?
Who’s the weakest currency?

- It matters in which context you are talking about.

Therefore, your trading should reflect the bias you have according to the correct time frame. Are your trades open long enough, for that to be right?

Think about that. It’s important.

Ok. I’m done with that …
I’ll see ya at the close.
Make it a great Friday!
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

2 Likes

Good evening.
That’s the week. Also the month.
Monthly table.

• NZD (dark red) most bid that session +1.72%.
  • USD (white) most sold that session -2.75%.
  • JPY (purple) most bought currency today +6.13%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold currency today -4.17%.

It’s over. And what do we know, now. The JPY (purple) took the day in total. First 2 sessions most bought, and then added a little bit more on the last.

This is a strong trend for the Yen. It really started right at mid month April. And continues, through May. Like all the way to the strike of midnight May.

They say “Sell in May and go away”. It’s been so true for this month. And I do have to say, there hasn’t been any real changes leading up to this end of month. But we do have the second half to go, which is next week. NFP week. All we can do is see how it plays out for the lead-up to Friday. Right?

All I now is that it’s the weekend.
Make it a great one!
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)