Complete Currency Dynamics

Good morning.
It’s Monday. New month.
Quarterly table.

• CHF (pink) most bought that session +.69%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold that session -.94%.

That’s a bit different. Seeing the most bought currency against the most sold currency being both the safe havens. But, if you look at the Comms, that’ll tip the direction.

Monthly table.

Alright.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

Good morning.
More Monday market.
Quarterly table.

• NZD (dark red) most bid that session +1.94%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -1.66%.

Looking like risk-on more prevalent today.
This should be the tell.

This week will be important. These will be the questions I will be looking to answer. And…I will. You’ll see. But…

- What’s the run-up to NFP gonna look like?
- What will NFP, itself, tell us-- anything different than what’s been?
- How much of a change in the prevailing trend will we have, if any?

We’ll have to come back and answer these questions. Well, I’m going to, anyway.

But, we should all know by now that the prevailing trend is the safe haven currencies most dominant. For this quarter. And now we’re heading into the last month of it, before the summer season.

• JPY (purple)
  • CHF (pink)
  • USD (white)

We’ve seen, so far today with only 2 sessions under our belt, that the Comms (risk-on currencies) are on top of the safe havens. Meaning more buying of them than the safe havens. We’ll just have to see how much of this lasts. We should get some clues about it this week.

Remember that this has been such a strong trend. We haven’t even come close to making this any kind of change happening. We’re just retracing some from last week.

I’ll keep you posted. And you’ll be able to see it for yourself, also.

See ya at the close today.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.0 MB)

Good evening.
Monday’s results.
Quarterly table.

• CHF (pink) most bid that session +2.01%.
  • USD (white) most sold that session -2.92%.
  • NZD (dark red) most bought currency today +3.58%.
  • USD (white) most sold currency today -3.92%.

Very interesting, I think. Probably a lot of squaring up of accounts still going on. But the Dollar really got sold off lately, huh? It’s all right there before your eyes. And don’t forget about Friday.

Monthly table.

Man…I don’t know what the Swiss (pink) was up to today, but I find that very interesting. They, surely, was not following the risk-off sentiment. The USD (white), and the Yen (purple) took a good hit all day today.

The Comms got a bid today. We’ll have to see what that all amounts to, if anything, this week. You never know.

Alright.
Have a good night and I’ll see ya in the a.m.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good morning.
Tuesday’s start.
Quarterly table.

• EUR (yellow) most bid that session +1.20%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold that session -1.04%.

Looks like we went back to some risk-off. A little. It is a mixed bag though.

Monthly table.

One thing is evident though. The USD (white) is still taking a hit. Maybe this is the run up to Friday. shrug

Ok. Make it a good day today.
I’ll see ya at the close today.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

1 Like

Good evening.
Tuesday’s results.
Quarterly table.

• CAD (brown) most bought that session +1.10%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold that session -1.01%.
  • CAD most bought currency today +1.55%.
  • JPY most sold currency today -1.73%.

Interesting. Seems like the risk-on currencies are still giving it a go. I mean, we’re talking about oil and the Yen there, right?

How about the monthly table.

The Comms are on top. We’re only talking about 2 days here. But still, it’s an important perspective. Look. If you wish for the safe havens…then look up at the quarterly table. If you are wishing for the Comms…then there it is.

We have to see how this week will play out. But as it stands for now, the USD (white) and the JPY (purple) are brothers on the bottom.

I’ll throw in the same thing as that table, but in chart form.

Well, all I have to say is, if you like that, you should visit my excel sheet. There’s so much more of that. All under this month. Zoom out for a glance.

Alright. Have a good night.
See ya in the a.m.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good morning.
Wednesday’s start.
Monthly table.

• NZD (dark red) most bid that session +2.97%.
  • USD (white) most sold that session -1.02%.

That was a boost for the NZD.
Not all that much for the other 2 Comms. But the safe havens continue to get hit.

Alright. Make it a good day.
I’ll see ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good morning.
Here’s more Wednesday market.
Quarterly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid that session +.69%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold that session -1.33%.

Kind of a mixed bag that session. But, I do see a divergence between the Aussie (red) and the NZD (dark red) today.

But still looks like the safe havens being picked off (sell).

Monthly chart of their running %'s.

Alright. Make it a good day!
See ya at the close.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good evening.
Wednesday’s results.
Monthly table.

• USD (white) most bid currency that session +1.67%.
  • EUR (yellow) most sold currency that session -.83%.
  • NZD (dark red) most bought today +2.35%.
  • AUD (red) most sold today -1.28%.

That’s a switch, huh? I think I noticed that last session, the divergence between the 2 Comm brothers. And now it’s reflected in today’s summary. Polar opposites.

Looks like the Dollar (white) took some pips back this session. Good thing, cause I was getting worried about them. It’s just a correction from the selling that’s been happening, that’s all. It has been a lot this week so far.

Alright. Looks like tomorrow will be the Euro’s turn, right? Mario talking…interest rate decision…etc…Should be interesting.

I’ll see ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

1 Like

Good morning.
Here’s Thursday’s start.
Monthly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid currency that session -1.52%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold currency that session -.99%.

We have some mixed things going on here. The Yen (purple) gets on a pretty good bid, but dropping more is the USD (white). Also the CHF (pink) drops some. And couple that with the NZD (dark red) still on some buying.

It’s all mixed up. We’ll have to see how the week plays out, right?

Alright. Make it a good day today. And I’ll see you at the close.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good evening.
Thursday’s results.
Yearly table.

• CAD (brown) most bid currency that session +2.56%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold currency that session -1.76%.
  • EUR (yellow) most bought currency today +2.52%.
  • USD (white) most sold currency today -1.54%.

The EUR (yellow) got bought up today, huh? And not only them, but look at CAD (brown). Maybe oil is going up, I don’t really know.

Anyway, the Yen (purple) and the Dollar (white) got sold off today. Interesting.

How about a look at the month, chart wise.

NZD (dark red) pretty lofty.
USD and the JPY pretty low.
The rest of 'em are just in the middle.

We need to see what NFP will bring. Right?
Ok. I’ll be seeing you in the morning.
Have a good night.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

1 Like

Good morning.
It’s Friday.
Monthly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid currency that session +1.51%.
  • CHF (pink) most sold currency that session -1.68%.

It looks pretty calm. Slightly more risk-on.

For the run-up to NFP time. Well, the NZD (dark red) has been the most bought currency for the week running. And both the USD (white) and the Yen (purple) have been the sold off currencies. Everyone else is not mentionable.

So, let’s just see what happens.
Alright. See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good morning.
We’re moments away from NFP time. So, I’ll make this short.
Monthly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid that session +.26%.
  • AUD (red) most sold that session -.55%.

Now those are some small numbers. For a session.

We got to see what NFP brings. Which way will things swing? Will it go by way of risk-on, which this month (week) has been.

Or will it go back to the strong trend of risk-off, safe haven buys?
Anything is possible. But I think if you watch the NZD/JPY pair, that’ll probably tell you, better than the AUD/JPY pair.

Alright. See ya at the close.
Make it a good day!
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good evening.
And that’s a week. This is what it looks like.
Quarterly table.

• CAD (brown) most bid currency that session +1.62%.
  • USD (white) most sold currency that session -3.15%.
  • CAD most bought in total today +1.95%.
  • USD most sold in total today -2.91%.

Well, what do we have? It just went according to the way it was slanting. Risk-on…with the NZD leading the way. The CAD was right there next to them. But, the Aussie (red) is not joining them, for some reason.

The Dollar (white) got hammered today. Bad numbers came out, right? Well, their partner, the Yen (purple) went the same way. You should know by now that they travel together.

Remember this from earlier this week?
Well, let’s answer that by looking at this chart.

That’s each session this week. No surprises, right? I mean, it just went the way it was heading. Risk-on, leading by the NZD. And the safe haven brothers on the bottom, just going that way. And the Aussie…no help from them. I don’t know what’s their problem, but their not contributing to the cause. Oh…that’s right…they had an interest rate cut this week. I forgot. Ok. So be it.

That’s nice.

So, to answer the questions.
No changes to what the market was signaling since the beginning. That’s all. We’ll just have to see how long the risk currencies get their fill. Need time to play out. But their starting on the right foot. For how long, no one knows. Not even me.

Alright.
It’s the weekend.
Make it great!
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good morning.
It’s Monday.
Monthly table.

• CAD (brown) most bid currency that session +2.43%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold currency that session -1.95%.

Well, looks like it was the Dollar (white), CAD (brown) show that session. Cause the USD was +2.07%. Everyone else was either in the negative or very small positive %. Also interesting to me is the Yen (purple). Normally they follow the Dollar, but not that time. Opposite.

Alright. Let’s see how the day unravels.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good morning.
Still Monday.
Monthly table.

• USD (white) most bid that session +.87%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -1.85%.

Well, during that session the Yen (purple) got back into step with big brother (+.86%).

You can see it here.

Since I have this chart up here. I’ll remind you of those that run together. You can watch for yourself, to see if it’s any kind of true.

• USD (white) & JPY (purple)
  • EUR (yellow) & CHF (pink)
  • AUD (red) & NZD (dark red)

And we have CAD (brown). They are known as a Commodity currency. Follows oil mostly. Sometimes they follow the other 2 (AUD, NZD). But not always. And sometimes they follow the USD (white), believe it or not. So basically, it’s tough to know what their doing, and following.

The GBP (blue). They just do what they want. With this Brexit issue, they’ve been a lone bull. They simply do not follow any other currency. So…good luck with them.

Along the same vein. Check this out.

AUD (red) / NZD (dark red) / USD (white) / JPY (purple)

Maybe someone remembers earlier this year that I was pretty amazed of a divergence between the Dollar and the Yen. It’s all back up there quite a few posts ago. Well, I sure do remember. Well, now I can look back and see what was happening. Specifically, the last 2 weeks in March there was such the divergence. But what was happening was the Dollar was on the move higher, slowly, but for the Yen it just took a little longer. And well, you can see that they both were rising together since April to the present. You really have to pay attention. But it’s true…between them two…they will go in the same way more than they will not.

Same with the Comm brothers there. And I also remember the divergence between them two. I was like going crazy about that. And look up there. It’s there! Starting on Mar 22nd, the NZD is going nowhere but down. But the Aussie rose much higher for 4 more weeks later. Then, finally, to join back up with them from mid April on out to the present. So therefore, that tells me that the NZD leads the way with that couple. And the Dollar leads the way with that couple. Right?

Alright.
I’m done with that…
See ya at the close.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good evening.
Monday’s results.
Monthly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid currency that session +1.01%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold currency that session -1.39%.
  • USD (white) most bought currency today +2.55%.
  • NZD most sold currency today -4.23%.

Need to note for that last session the Pound (blue) was tied with the Yen at +1.01%. For the most bid currency.

Needless to say, the safe haven currencies got bought majorly today. I would say those are some big numbers, especially for a Monday. The money was moving for sure today. Now, compare what happened today to last Monday. See it there? The NZD (dark red) was the most bought currency that day at +3.58%. And the USD (white) was the most sold currency that day at -3.92%. Today was the complete opposite. The NZD got hammered.

Anyway. I think we’re back to the long running safe haven trend. We’ve only had one week (last week) for a positive risk-on sentiment. And we’ve been safe-haven-it since the middle of April. We’ll have to see what happens this week.

Alright. Make it a good night.
See ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

1 Like

Good morning.
Tuesday’s start.
Monthly table.

• EUR (yellow) most bid that session +.99%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold that session -.89%.

Well, if you haven’t noticed, ever since NFP the NZD has been coming down. And, believe it or not, the Dollar (white) has been on the rise.

So, it’s just safe to say that the Comms (risk-on) currencies just got knocked back down some. They really only had one good week (last week). But it is interesting to see what’s going on with the CAD (brown). And I don’t think it’s a risk-on thing, more like a USD (white) tag along.

Alright.
I’ll be seeing ya at the close today.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

1 Like

Good evening.
Tuesday’s results.
Monthly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +1.38%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold that session -2.13%.
  • GBP (blue) most bought currency today +2.64%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold currency today -2.52%.

Comms on the slide today.
Safe havens ended neutral.
EUR (yellow) getting a bid lately. And I was going to say they have been along with the CAD (brown), but something happened to them this afternoon. I don’t know what, but they got tripped up. Not the EUR though.

Alright. Tomorrow (Wednesday) should be a mover of a day, right? Normally is.

See ya in the a.m.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good morning.
Wednesday’s start.
Monthly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +1.17%.
  • AUD (red) most sold that session -1.79%.

That spells risk-off. Let’s see it in chart form what’s been happening this month so far.

You can’t tell me that NFP changed the trajectory of the NZD (dark red), cause ever since, they’ve been on the down. Along with the Aussie (red). And look out for the EUR (yellow). Their definitely looking up.

Alright.
See ya in a few hours.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

Good morning.
Wednesday, London’s start.
Monthly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid currency that session +1.06%.
  • CHF (pink) most sold currency that session -2.14%.

I don’t see much happening during that session. No changes anyway. Let’s take a look at the quarterly table. It’s been awhile.

That’s putting some things into perspective. Did NFP have any kind of effect on things? Well, if you ask me, at the top, the EUR (yellow) definitely made some inroads. They took over the most bidding currency since April 1st. Taken away from the Yen (purple). Look. I just wonder if this is any kind of trend developing. We’ll just have to see with them.

In fact, the EUR is the most bid currency for this month also. Look up above. They just got there. Yeah, something’s going on with that.

Alright. Just wanted to throw some of these things out there. There’s always something happening. You just have to pay attention, that’s all. It’s all in how they are relating to one another. Don’t worry, I’ll pay attention for you.

Make it a good day today! See ya at the close.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (1.1 MB)

1 Like