COT data to indicator

Hi grey
As a side effect of one of my project I’ve just recently created a COT indicator - so you can use it in Metatrader 4 or 5 as well as in EAs. You can download it from here - Download Indicators Package - DarkMindFX
What is more important - [B]IT’S 100% AUTOMATIC[/B] - so you don’t need to doenload the CFTC reports yourself, parse files etc. Here I’m maintaining the thread where I’m p[osting all the info on updates, changes etc - you can follow the installation instructions there as well as post any questions/concerns/suggestions - http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-and-automated-trading/80234-free-economic-indicators-cot-us-data-more-come.html

Hi GlobusFX,

does this work with Win 8.1 too…I have downloaded it but I just can’t get the file to start. Is it just for Windows 7…I should not have installed windows 7 on the first place :rolleyes:

Thanks for your link!

May the pips be with you! :slight_smile:

I know this might seem completely stupid but which timeframe do you guys mainly use this indicator for e.g the daily weekly or monthly

I tried to install it but it comes up saying that there is no terminal recognized

1 Like

Looks very nice!

The data is weekly so it makes most sense to use it for weekly charts. That doesn’t stop you of course using the bias/trend direction you determine to trade a lower timeframe such as daily, based on the weekly data.

3 Likes

Hello

I tried to install it but it says “access to the path 'C:\User…\MQL4\Indicators…exe is denied”. Any idea on what’s wrong here?

Maybe you’re trying to install without having admin rights?

Thank you for your work. God bless you

Nice. Thanks GlobusFX !!!

Hello bro,

I would like to thank you first for the hard work and kindness to put this out here for us. I manage to install it on my MT4. Now I want to upload the COT for EUR/USD but I don’t know which one corresponds? Under COT, there is COTData, COTDataIndex,…etc. Also I see other onglets Data Source, GBR Economic indicators and US Economic indicators.
So for a paire like EUR/USD, which ones do I need to upload on the Chart?

Hi,

I would like to install your COT data to indicator.

But it can not be installed on my PC. I would like to add a screenshot about the error-code, but I don’t know how.

Is there anybody who wants to help me, please.

Thanks
Ela2

Thanks for adding this technical tool! Now, I am going to practice first in demo, then if I get good result then it will be for the live trading.

Hello GlobusFX, I just tried the link for MT4, unfortunately it didn’t work for me, most indicators (I was specifically after COT Data) didn’t show anything in the window. Is there something I should tweak or do in order to make it work?
Thank you

Hello,
The only up-to-date and working indicator I could find is here: http://www.cotindicator.com, with a 14-days free trial and a paid version, which may not be taken as expensive. There are a lot of other supportive material out there as well.
Please note that latest CoT reports have not recently been published as US federal government is temporarily (hopefully) closed now.
Remember to make required adjustments when inserting those indicators to charts, because some settings need to be entered manually (currency name, inverted/non-inverted display, etc.)

Thank you all for everything.
Cheers.

1 Like

How can I install DarkMindFX if it says that cant find MT4? I only use portable versions of MT4.

Hi bro, I tried so many times to download this indicator, but it’s downloading in my MT4 hycm. Why? Please help me.

Hello, you can visualize graphically the COT on this page, I will give you the instructions since I can’t post the link
Go to myfxbook on your internet browser
Find the “Market” tab and then COT Data,
You will find the data for 9 different pairs

Hope it helps you!

5 Likes

Hello, you can visualize graphically the COT on this page, I will give you the instructions since I can’t post the link
Go to myfxbook on your internet browser
Find the “Market” tab and then COT Data,
You will find the data for 9 different pairs
You can’t plot it on your MT4 platform but visualizing and manipulating it should be enough. It is plotted within the page
Hope it helps you!

7 Likes

What type of data related to COT you want to be displayed in MT4? Open interest? Some particular trading instrument or several? You know this type of economic data is quite convenient for custom-built EA so you’re better to hire coder which will include only what you need in the EA