COT Report Analysis - a thread on market sentiment

I did some research on the internet, at the moment the best free tool for the COT report seems to be cleary on the barchart.com website: Commitments of Traders (COT) Charts - Barchart.com

Besides that, Oanda has some information on their website (we used it earlier), but that is just some very basic information.

I hope this helps a bit.

2 Likes

It makes sense what a great buy signal there was in Gold and Silver. Now we are moving back from the COT extreme, must wait patiently until the next signal is going to arrive.

1 Like

Hey ForExchange, So I made my own index using excel (in according with Larry Williams’ instructions as well as BBalazs’ from post #1720) and for a couple of markets the index reading exceeds 100 and even negative numbers too. Is this normal or should I double check the formula inputs?

Hi wisefool,

You haven´t really said which indicator you are talking about, but anyway it seems like there is a mistake. I do not know any of the indicators where the number is above or below 100/-100.

Let me know if there are further questions.

Which indicators do you use, btw?

FE

My bad, I’m speaking of the 3 year look-back of the commercials’ net index. I have readings up to 180 on the Yen, and readings as low as -13 on the loonie. I double checked the formula and still can’t seem to find my misstep.

Ok, I am not sure then what is wrong. Maybe you can send the excel sheet to me and I can check it. Is it possible to send within BBP mailing? I am not sure if you want to upload to make it public. You decision. I guess we can solve the situation and find the root of the problem.

BTW Cot Index shows a buy signal on Silver. Now need confirmation on that one as the setup looks interesting!

wisefool, I am not sure if you are here. However if you are, check what a great signal the COT index gave. I posted 16 days ago on silver. Basically it was the absolute bottom!

Hi BostonEJ,

Can you please share your current findings on silver? I also drop you an email as I believe there might be some interesting opportunities coming up again.

Thanks,
FE

Awesome mate I will be bookmarking this thread, very well done.

nzd pair positive future?

Important is to compare it to its historical value, not only if it is positive or negative! Are you updating your database regularly?

Hi.

I am new here. And is reading about Market sentiment. I can not make the COT indicator at work. I try to put in the code for different currancy pairs. But it fail to reckognise it. I youse MT4. By the way