Cowabunga EA

Since I have never seen the code and wouldn’t understand it if I did I can’t explain why it gets so many trades.

The post below explains that the broker is converting to aud.

The trailing stop is responsible for almost all my exits It trails at 10… Maybe spread? I do not know.

I can assure you that I have not messed with the Statement. This is a test. I wouldn’t want to skew the results.

I do think that the strange amounts are more to do with the broker though. This broker was recommended as honest, so I opened 1 Demo account with them to test this EA.

I also recently opened Forex.com to see if there are different results.

There already was one difference. I will attach the chart. It took a buy trade at 1700 hours Friday that Forex FS didn’t.

We will see.

New development Forex FS is now in a buy trade similar to forex.com

I plan to live test it after about 30-60 days of Demo testing. I will probably fund it with 2K and trade .05 or .10 lots till I see the results. I can only speak for my intentions. Right now we’re just having some fun getting together and testing with different brokers.

ya forexfs did not buy late friday afternoon tho IBFX and fx clearing both did

EDIT: as of right now fx clearing is showing very large jumps (upwards of 7 pips) while the other two brokers are not which is strange but the jump downward happens very quickly and bounces back to the original price b4 it can even affect the trade status

I have IBFX 5 digit and Alpari US 5 digit. Neither has opened a trade.

Any suggestions for 5 digit brokers?:confused:

Is there anything in the internal code that would keep this EA from running on 5 digit brokers, or is it a matter of adjusting the settings by adding a 0 to all settings.

my IBFX account is trading so idk did u click the right options when you turned the EA on?

Is your IBFX 5 digit?

What do you think the setting “EachTickMode” means?

idk how to know if my IBFX is 5 or 4 digits
and eachtickmode means itll make a buy/sell order if the conditions are met by each tick, currently it is in complete bar mode which means after the conditions are met it will make an order on the next bar.

i have it set to complete bar because ive seen it get faked out on eachtickmode tho eachtickmode can also allow for early buys/sell which means more profit so it really depends on your preference

Count the digits to the right of the decimal point in the price.
The extra digit is actually a percentage of a pip, from 0 through 9, 9 being 90% of 1 pip 5 being 50% of 1 pip etc. More MT4 brokers are going to 5 digit each month.

my IBFX is a 4 digit also is your forexfs currently in a long trade?

It was, but is closed now with small win… 1 pip… $11.72… (HOW?) How did it close with 1 pip profit?

Forex.com held on since Friday for 7 pip win… $70.00… How did it close with 7 pip win?

What is going on with the TS? It is set at 10.

u got weird pip prices lol but mine closed for a 1 pip gain as well but was worth 10$ u.s.

They are in your User CP.

got em :stuck_out_tongue: (i need 10 characters to post this so im writing this:D)

Including both 5 digit brokers. It’s interesting to see the numbers… Opened at 1.64005 TP at 163505. Look back 1 digit from the end and there is the 50 pip SL.

The 5 digit brokers are Alpari US and Interbank FX.

The only one I am focusing on is the Forex FS, even with the weird numbers.

I will post Forex.com only when there is a fairly wide difference in the trades and statements.

alright sounds good also try to use myfxbook(dot)com i recently joined it and its very good for posting results

Last night/this morning was a bad time to have this bad boy on. From 7pm est till the time of my writing this, 3 trades have closed. 1 for +$60 and two for -$500. Ouch…

Also, the +60 probably would have been higher, but the stoploss triggered early (set at 30) so I’m not sure without going over the chart in more detail.

EDIT: It just closed another trade for +$40

I’m finding that this thing is buying and selling at the wrong time on the charts. Selling at the bottom of a wave, and buying at the top. Do I need to have any indicators set up on the screen for this, or is it all going on internally?

no u dont need any indicators and same thing happened to me i looked at it and its not buying exactly when the EMAs cross its opening a trade sometime after the EMAs cross when other conditions meet

I had bad results too. That’s the reason I don’t like trading Sundays. We got Whipsawed.

Statement attached…

Just for a test I put a couple of indicators in a 5 and 10 SMA set to the high of each bar. The Ivory/White is the 5 SMA, red is 10 SMA.

I tried EMAs same time frames with not nearly as good results.

ya im thinking sundays are bad days to trade with this EA also same with fridays it could be very bad to keep a trade after the friday close

Well I think we should continue at least another week. My first week was good. I started on the 2nd. What do you think? This is your creation. If you want to change some of the strategy I have a few suggestions I can PM to you.

I do think that if we trade the rest of this week and stop at the end of Thursday more will be learned. Trade Monday through Thursday, with Tuesday and Wednesday being the best. That was the first thing I learned.