Cowabunga EA

i think ill try to improve the system one more time then continue testing afterall as of right now its not exactly behaving the way the system was designed so it would show better results if the system was exactly like the way it was made

There is a lot of profit being given up on the long breakouts.

It’s your baby. I am only trying to help test it. :slight_smile:

well the golden cross helped the backtests it doesnt profit, but it makes less trades and doesnt lose nearly as much as the original EA still idk what the TP,SL, and TS should be so any suggestions would be nice

TP = SL*2

SL = 35

TS = TP/5 or TP/6 rounded up to whole number. Or keep it at 10?

alright currently testing
TP 70
SL 35
TS 14

so far none of the tests are showing good results :frowning: dont know why cuz this system works for me live lol

10 SMA = red
5 SMA = white

Notice the indicators.

RSI = 10
Stochs 5,3,3
williams%R = 10

looks like its tradin at the wrong time, i think i helped fix that in the newer version and the results technicaly are better but still aren’t showing profit

Once you enter a trade how often do you recheck the indicators? Each Close? Each Tick? Never? Or you just turn the trade over to the SL and TP with TS?

Hello all, Hellogoodbye thank you for the EA.

Today was my first day testing this EA, not a good day. I am using this on Forex.com. There are a few things that don’t make sense and a few big opportunities that were missed?

-At 5:30am GMT, ea entered a short trade but there was no crossover? None of the indicators were met and this was at the bottom of the crossover, doesn’t make sense?

• At 6am GMT there was a buy cross over and the most of the indicator requirements were met, but the ea did not trade till around 7.45, randomly when all indicators were not met.
  • At 11.45 GMT there was a sell cross over which was also missed.

hmmm, Hellogoodbye i know these points are on your radar already. This is what kinetics informed were the settings of the EA.

The system now buys when:
-5EMA crosses above 10EMA
-RSI > 50
-STOCH > previous STOCH
-STOCH < 80
-MACD > previous MACD

sells when:
-5EMA crosses below 10EMA
-RSI < 50
-STOCH < previous STOCH
-STOCH > 20
-MACD < previous MACD

Are these fixed in your coding or do you have a range for each indicator requirement, maybe if it’s fixed we need a tiny amount of flexibility? Would we still not buy if stoch was over 80 and vice versa for sell?

Thanks and keep it great work.

He noticed the same things. It was a bumpy ride huh… Good thing this is play money.

correct lol

The he you refer to is a she fellow pippers!

1 Like

I sent a PM with some suggestions. I’ll back off awhile and let you think and work.

well i plan on going for a bit pretty soon but later ill remake it (again lol) and remove the stoch buy signals ill just leave it as under overbought and above oversold

kinetics if you can PM me a complete setup ud like for this system and ill make that one (buy and sell statements, maybe even close buy/sell statements and also TP,SL,TS)

This is your baby. It did very well for a week. I don’t even assume to know enough about trading to make suggestions for a TradeBot. I am just trying to Kick start your creativity since you said you wanted to adjust it.

I will PM a simpler suggestion as you request, but I humbly request that you use your own judgement. :slight_smile:

kinetics can u post a current statement? id like to see how your demo is doing ty

Sorry I took so long to get started today, Here is a current Chart and Statement for RefinedCowabunga EA.

still in the good lol but the losses took a big chunk of the profits :frowning:

I have since sustained further losses and have turned the EA off. The creator is working on adjusting some things on the beast that I believe will improve it immensely. When that happens I will help test the new version and post daily info here.