Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

Hi True777,
Does the MT4 indicator available here send you signals when applied on pairs other than GBP/USD? I’m seeing the arrows when applied only for GBP/USD. Could you please let me know if you did anything else to make this work? I would like to apply this indicator for the USD/JPY pair. Thanks,

L G

Hi gantilk

I’m using Cowabunga-any pairV2, which is on page 10 and it sends out signals when applied to all pairs.

Andreas

for the cowabonga system, which rsi is more suitable, ema or sma?

thanks raptor

Andreas,
Thank you very much. I have set up the cowabunga any pair indicator on my MT4 client terminal successfully. BTW, do you leave your computer on all the time? I noticed that whenever my computer goes to hibernate, MT4 looses connection and reconnects when i log on again after hibernation. So during hibernation it does not send any signals.

Hey L G,

Yeah I use it on about 5 different pairs and the signals/arrows/sound waves work on all of them. If you having issues with it try reinstalling it and restarting MT4. I’ve actually edited my indicator and I had to restart my platform before the edits take affect. So if you were to change the sound wave into some “alarm” wave instead of the “email” wave then you’d need to restart and probably reload the indicator on each pair for that to take affect.

Hi gantilk

glad to see that that you got it working.
You are right, the computer needs to be connected all the time.
Please don’t forget to reset (restart) MT4 after you received a signal.
From what I understand these restarts are still needed to keep the code active.

Andreas

Can someone kindly upload this link “Cowabunga_template.tpl” ? I cant seem to find it. Sorry for the trouble. Thanks for your help in advance!

Cheers,
Jason

Not sure if this question has been asked already yet, but is the 4 hr trend decided only by the ema cross if “strict_4hr_trend” is set to false? On Pip Surfer’s blog today there was a long trade at 3:45 am EST which the indicator missed. I think the reason it missed it is because there was a ema crossover right around the time that the trade was triggered, but when Pip Surfer took the trade, the cowabunga v2 indicator still showed a downtrend, which cancelled out the signal. The osMA, RSI and stochs looked good, it was just that the indicator still showed a downtrend, even though the ema lines had crossed. Is there a way I can tweak this in MetaEditor, or is it just “one of those times” when the indicator isn’t perfect? I noticed that it will catch most of Pip Surfer’s trades, but it does miss one occasionally (like today). The improvements made over time have made the indicator better, but like anything, it’s hard to make it perfect.

Hi

I found that interesting website babypips.com and cowabunga system. I tried to load it into my MT4 (demo account with activtrades) and every single time I want to test it I receive no results at all and error : ’ Cowabunga EURUSD,M15: SetIndexBuffer function must be called from custom indicator only’. I tried 3 different versoions I found on this forum.

Maybe somebody has an idea how to sort this problem out, please?

Thanks
Andrew

Ok…When i was getting close to get crazy, i found out what is wrong with the indicator.
After installing the indicator to my MT4, all i saw was blue and red lines…NO DOTS- NO ARROWS.(i know i know…GPD/USD, 15 min chart) .Just simple lines. I am using Ibfx’s Mt4( mini demo acoount).Then i went to metaquotesnet and downloaded the platform from there.The indicator was working just fine…dots, arrows…everthing visible.What bugged me was what the brookerages firm have to do with it? I opened a “standart demo” with ibfx and YESSSSSSSSS…its working…but no luck with the "Mini Account"
Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong?I contacted ibfx, they had no answer to that…

Hi everybody!
Since I am paper trading the Cowabunga system, I thought I’d keep this thread alive =))
Obviously a great system but for some reason the indicator sometimes does not issue an alert when PipSurfer notes one in his blog, and visa versa, I get an alert and I place a trade but PipSurfer says in his blog that it was not a valid signal due to XYZ. In light of this, can someone please explain the following 2 things:

1. How to analyze the signals correctly and filter out the invalid signals? I am talking about situations when I get a signal and enter but then PipSurfer says in his blog [I]<<This cancelled out the signal and I did not enter>>[/I]

2. [B]Why I often don’t get a signal when PipSurfer gets one?[/B] Is it possible that something is not set up correctly in my MT4? I am using [B]Cowabunga- any pairV2 last modified on Nov 27th 2007.[/B] It is attached to the GBPUSD chart. Do I need to have osMA, RSI or something else attached to the chart or modify any other settings?

Thanks a lot, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could answer these two questions.

P.S. Has anyone created an Expert Advisor for the system yet? :slight_smile:

Sorry if this is long and happy trading!
Mark.

Hi Im new to MT4. Can anyone tell me how to get this indicator to my MT4? I have it in MetaEditor but cant seem to figure out how to get it to the Custom Indicators list. Please help.

Thanks
RTI

You need to compile the .mq4 file and place the result (a .ex4 file) in the \experts\indicators of your Metatrader Platform. … To compile, open the .mq4 file in MetaEditor and click on “compile” in the upper tool bar.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Linalm, I have tried but its either not working right or I dont know what Im doing. I think the later. When I compile it on the lower left corner it says description. Below that it says Compiling 'Cowabunga- any pairV2.mq4’
and below that it says 0 errors, 0 warnings. Thats it I dont know what to do from there. I have tried waiting about 3 hrs to see if it would finish but nothing changes. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks RTI

I’m kinda new to this forum but not new to trading FX. I’m familiar with the Cowabunga system been playing with it for about 3 months now. Live, with a very small dollar amount.

Small enough not to be concerned with losses but good enough for me because I prefer live results over demo.

Anyway, I’m looking at this new pair V2 indicator for the first time today. I loaded it just fine it is coming up on my charts. However there is one thing I don’t see and that is the arrows.

So my question.

Can anyone tell me how I can get my arrows to show up? Answered, my own question after further research.

So good luck everyone I will put more testing into consideration with this new indicator to see how things work.

If anyone is curious I only put $100.00 at risk in a live account at 400:1 leverage. To test this system. Trading only .01 - .10 $1K lots at a time. Which as you all can do the math but the cost of .01 lot was only $2.50 and my per pip move profit loss was only .10 cents per pip for each .01 lot. Nothing worth jumping for joy but good enough to test a system in live instead of demo, with real time results. I would not recommend this but my personal preference is live test over demo testing. Also going this route you must expect to lose. Why, because the win to loss ratio in learning is very, very, very low.

Good luck everyone. Make that $$$$$.

Hey PipVentures could you let me know where I can download the indicator 3_MA_Cross_w_Alert_v2.mq4. It sounds interesting but I have never seen it before. Let me know.

thanks.

As of this post I believe what your looking for was on page 12 Post 85 posted by andyk

Ok, this seems very odd to me.

I installed the V2 and Cowabunga MT4 Indicator for the GBP.

Ok, hope you can see my charts that I uploaded cause that will help you see what I see.

First, I do understand 100%, sometimes even the best indicators can give misleading signals. I accept this fact.

I more so want someone to confirm I’ve uploaded the files correctly something just don’t feel right.

Why? Because looking at the gbp/usd regular cowabunga indicators gives the right signal sell. Yet on the same chart and same time the V2 applied to gbp/usd gives the complete opposite signal. Just so happens to be the wrong signal. So applying the V2 to the eur/usd gave me the wrong signal at the same time frame.

Question can anyone with experience look at my charts and try to compare against their charts and see if they get the same signal.

It could be I have the wrong upload or non updated file but I down loaded them from post 85.

Update:
Picture 1 V2 applied to GBP/USD
Picture 2 Cowabunga GBP/USD
Picture 3 V2 applied to Eur/USD

Hi,

i have been using the cowabanga system and the EA, and am very thankful

for this wonderful system and the EA that was shared here at babypips. :slight_smile:

Though I have one problem. I have downloaded the EA(works perfectly) :slight_smile:

But been having dificulty making the EA sound the alert, so i have to watch

my charts for the signals to change directions.

Can someone teach me how to make it sound?

Thans Raffy :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s so wierd. The first time I put the indicator on I saw red and blue arrows but everytime I load it after the first time it is only thick red and blue lines. I tried installing a new version of MetaTrader and it did it again, worked once then went wierd. Anyone have any idea wtf is going on?