Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

Hey,

I have read everything that I can find on Cowabunga and have set up and applied the indicator to MT4 but have a few questions… help would be appreciated! :rolleyes:

1. Can someone do a new post that has a compiled list of the latest downloads for the indicators? There are many, some old, some new… an updated response with those clearly posted (dated maybe?) would be great.

2. Admin of this thread—is it just me, or is the entire thread double posted?

3. I have successfully set up the email alert which gets sent to my cell phone so that I can have it wake me up for trades, and successfully sent test mails, but when I go into the Cowabunga properties it is defaulted to False every time I look at the email alert. I change it to true, click ok, open it again and it is already set to false. Is this right? Will I get alerts? I know that it has to be reset after each one, but it dosn’t seem right that it would go to False immediately after change it and before any signals have been sent. Clarification on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

I’m having an issue with the email alerts also. I am using the cowabunga any pair indicator, and it seems to sometimes not email me. For an uptrend, usually the first blue arrow will email me an alert, but sometimes it doesnt. Every blue arrow after that i get nothing.

Ultimately, I want to get an email every time the chart paints an arrow.

Someone please help! I think other people were having issues with email alerts so if someone could clarify that would be great.

edit: i also agree with the guy that posted asking for someone to compile all versions of the indicator into 1 post–this would be very helpful.

hello all,

I’ve been using this system (with a couple of extra rules) to trade quite successfully on a live basis.

My trades do not exactly match pipsurfer as I have ‘tweaked’ the entry and exits rules - but then again I am trading my own money so perhaps extra caution is not a bad thing… With good money management I am making around 3% on my account per month.

I am not an mql4 programmer but it would be great if one of you boffins out there could turn this indicator into an expert advisor so that we could do some automated backtesting on other pairs (I am only confident trading my system on AUD/USD as it is a pair I know).

Here is the strategy.

1. Wait for cowabunga indicator to ‘confirm’ a trade set up (blue arrow = long, red arrow = short). This bar is now the ‘setup’ bar.
  2. Enter trade if the very next bar breaks the high (or low for short trades) of the setup bar. If the high of the next bar trades only as high as that of the setup bar then it is not a valid entry. (opposite obviously for short trades).
  3. Stop loss/take profit with very basic trailing stop indicator (attached).
  4. Also - if there is a position open, ignore all subsequent setup bars until that trade is closed (even though they are sometimes a good point to ‘add’ to the position…)

I have shared this in the hope that someone could please turn this fabulous indicator into an expert advisor so that we can allow automatic trading and thus automated backtesting. That way we can all benefit and ride them waves together!

reply or PM me if any of this is unclear or you would like more info.

S.O.A.P.

1+1=2, 1+2=3, 2+3=5, … , 1.307E+308

Could anyone who is successfully using these indicators clarify the email alert portion?

My test emails go out fine, but when the arrows (buy/sell signals) show up on my 15 minute chart I get no emails.

[U][B]my settings–[/B][/U]
indicator displacement 15
only show valid triggers: true
strict 4hr trend: false
send mail: false

gday guys.

when trying to load the script onto my chart i get this error 2008.07.18 16:08:22 Expert ‘Cowabunga’ is an indicator and cannot be executed

Can anyone help me with this? email me at <[email protected]>

CHEERS!!!

So I have Cowabunga Anz pair V2 installed on MT.
I have some blue and red dotted lines above or below the current trand and some red or blue arrows. How should I interpret this?

Could someone tell me if I enable the send mail function, will it also send mails when my MetaTrader is shut down, or does it only send alerts when i’m logged in?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hello, AndyK

I installed your EA on Metatrader 4.0, and I just have a couple of questions:

Is the 26th November 2007 version the latest?
Your comment in the code says email sending is enabled. Line 216 reads:

Send_Mail=false;

Is this right, or should it be set to Send_Mail=true;

Thanks and keep up the good work, lorenzoq

Metatrader has to be up and running and connected to the server in order to send the e-mails.

Where is the EA??

Hi grommets,

I have been learning to code with my new toys…MT4 & MQL4. While I was checking out some code today I found out something very interesting…

I have read through some of the threads on this forum and it looks like you guys already know that the ‘built in’ MT4 MACD indicator DOES NOT show the true MACD histogram at all (it plots the actual MACD line as a histogram…instead of a line).

OK…so that is where theOsMA custom indicator comes in. You just open her up and hey presto…there’s the proper Histogram. Right?

WRONG.

I have read through the code and found that the OsMA signal line is created using a simple moving average…when in fact it should be an exponential MA.
I have checked out MACD formulas on quite a few sites, and they all say the same thing…
ALL MOVING AVERAGE CALCULATIONS USED TO CREATE THE TRUE MACD INDICATOR (and subsequently the MACD Histogram) ARE EXPONENTIAL MOVING AVERAGES.

“So what…big deal” I hear you say.

Well, check out the chart I made up and attached.

The top one is the dodgy built in MACD indicator (mostly useless for the cowabunga system).

The middle one is the standard OsMA custom indicator that is part of the MT4 download package (better…but there are still lumps in the porridge).

The bottom one is the OsMA with the code changed so that the MACD signal line used to generate the Histogram is calculated with EMA instead of SMA (oh yeah baby…we like it like that :D).

You can see some fairly big differences - the standard Osma had a zero line crossover at the yellow vertical line, but the EMA corrected version did not cross till 3 bars later at the red vertical line. And earlier in the chart - the circled bars are the ones displayed in the data panel (one shows negative value and the other shows positive). This is quite significant when you are using these indicators to validate your entry signals.

OK…now that I have upset the apple cart, let me try and smooth things over a bit.

Instructions for amending the OsMA indicator:

*Put down your coffee.

*Open up MetaEditor (click the yellow exclamation mark icon at the top of the Meta trader screen).

*In MetaEditor - click ‘File’ then ‘Open…’ Find and select the file OsMA.mq4

*OK, now you have the code in front of you…look down at the bottom right corner of your screen…you will see a line and column reference. move the cusor through the code until you get to Ln57 Col67. Change the code from MODE_SMA to MODE_EMA.

*Save the file (change the name if you want to keep the old OsMA).

*Click where it says ‘Compile’ at the top of the screen.

*Close the editor and go find your new toy in The Metaquotes terminal.

*Send $500 to paypal accou…hehe, just kidding. :rolleyes:

Now you have your very own fair dinkum real McCoy MACD Histogram so get out your candles and wax up those boards dudes…it’s COWABUNGA time!

:cool:

I’ve read through almost every page now and found so many different files for this.

What’s the difference between “cowabunga any pair” and “cowabunga any pair 2”. The first one shows the down-trend line beneath the candlesticks and the latter shows the down-trend line above the candlesticks.

I have templates, zips, mq4’s…I have a bunch of cowabunga files but I don’t know which one to use.

If I use both indicators, the trend lines form nice channels.

ok man I have got to the point were I change my line and col, how do i do it?:confused:

Hey dude,

Scroll through the code until you get to Ln57 Col67.
Where it says MODE_SMA…change the “SMA” part to “EMA”.

Better yet, here’s one that I prepared earlier: :wink:
(Unzip and save these files into your MetaTrader/experts/indicators folder).

MACD_Histogram.zip (2.91 KB)

Thanks I really do appreciate it…:smiley:

Hi all,

Just downloaded the cowabunga any pair v2, and everything seems to be working correctly, but I was just wondering if I have to reset the indicator after every signal or will it happily churn along by itself?

Hi,

Please am a forex trader i need an expert trader that can be assisting me in trading i have invested so much in forex and loose much please i need an urgent assistant, I dont mind if it will cost me some $$$$, am not saying this to get instant help is just that i want to be among those that will be profitng in forex. Any body thats willing to help should please contact with this mail, <[email protected]>.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Peter.

Hi to all. I am totally new and busy reading about all the diffirent trading systems. I have read about and copied the MACDcorrect.zip and Cowabunga2.zip files. I have absolutely no idea on how to get this working. I can see the name under custom indicators and heaven knows how I got it there, but it’s definitely not working. Can someone PLEASE be so kind and maybe give me a step by step instruction on how to do this?
Thank you
Alan

Could someone explian this entry. Is this a valid entry? Just got the system today. Trying to get a handle on it. Thanks for all who help

Hi Members,

Anyone using VT Trader?

I want to know how to prevent the Trailing Stop System (VT Trader) from automatically opening a position after closing the former, manually opened position.

Please help

Mramba