Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

Hi guys,

I’ve been trying to get MetaTrader4 to send me an email to my Hotmail, Yahoo! and/or Gmail account so I can get notified on my cell phone. The problem I an encountering is that they are all SSL secured connection so I keep receiving the “535 Authorization Error” message. For those using MetaTrader4 with the email option, how did you get around this? Without this I am still subjected to looking at the screen every now and then until a valid signal comes along. Any help is appreciated.

RR

Register a free email a/c from gmx.com and use it to send email to your gmail, yhoo mail, etc

Then set SMTP Server as mail.gmx.com:587 at your MT4 email setup under Tools/Option

Hope it helps

Yes it looks like in this trade you got a major whipsaw I hope you didn’t enter in a trade there. I would use a better system. Look like this blew this trade up big time

Looks like you would of done well just to trade you moving average crosses and your MACD - Historigram and you slow statch then to flow the buy side arrows on this trade you could’ve followed the moving average and got into more trades and exited and entered at great profits .

Thanks. Looking forward to testing this.

Hi All,

How do I set the MACD on MT4? I know it has to be 12,26,9 but I read that it has to be set as “Exponential Histogram and it has to display the difference between the 2 lines”. How do I do that???

Thanks!!!

Don’t worry about the fancy math talk. A “histogram that displays the differences between two lines” is pretty much the definition of MACD. :slight_smile:

Just set the MACD with your settings and you’re ready to go.

Thanks so much Phil!

Hi can somebody let me have a link or the zip file for latest version of Cowabunga indicator for Metatrader Any Pair V2 (i.e the 2 files for indicator folder) + the chart template if available. Initially i downloaded the authors original version from 2007 but this produces only totally red or blue price lines when used with my FXCM MT4 platform. I have found a posting from late 2008 with V2 but this includes only mqe4 file but not the ex4 file. thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Phil,

I have been doing manual backtesting on MT4. The MACD histogram is very different from the one used by Pip Surfer on “The System”. There are times where MACD is very positive on MT4 and very negative on XTik. See attached.

I think this affects the integrity of the system. What do you/others think?

Best regards,

FxFix

Try using an OsMA indicator from the “Custom Indicators” in MT4. It’s the same data as a MACD, but shown in the format that Pip Surfer uses. It should match up perfectly with his.

With a plain MACD your entry signal will be when the MACD bars cross the MACD line, with the OsMA it will be when the bars cross zero. Again, same data, just different ways of showing it.

I should have told you that in the beginning being as this is a Cowabunga system thread, but I didn’t about it… Sorry for the confusion…

Hi Phil,

Thanks again for your prompt response.

1. Could you please detail the entry signals for both Short and Long trades with the MACD on MT4?

2. Could you please detail the entry signals for both Short and Long trades with the OsMA on MT4?

Thanks! I really appreciate your help!

Fx Fix

Sure.

I couldn’t find a place on the chart where I could get both a long and short trade in the same picture, so these are long trades. Short trades are the same they just cross in the other direction.

Hi,guys
why indicators posted in the 1st page looks didn’t like pics that cowabunga posted in his blog? where can I find the original indicators? thank you!

Pip Surfer is not using the indicator posted in this thread on his blog. He’s simply attaching the MACD, RSI, etc to his chart and trading off of them.

What this indicator does is allow you to trade the system without having all 5 indicators on your chart. That’s why it looks different.

Do I need to add RSI, STO, MACD and EMA5/10 on my charts? Can I just use the Cowabunga Indicator alone as it calculates these key indicator values for us?

Im247Black:cool:

The indicator alone will work fine, you don’t need the RSI, MACD etc on your charts for the custom indicator to work. :slight_smile:

Does the indicator send notification whe on the 4h Chart?

Thanks again!

No. If you put it on a 4H chart, depending on the version you’re using, it will either not work or give you signals based on the 4H instead of the 15M timeframe.

I’m using the “Any Pair V2.” My charts do show bold, blue/red for long/short but no arrows.

Can we use the blue/red in the 4h-chart as (long/short) setup then?

Im247Black