Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

thread has 15 pages, read them :59:

hi,

have u finished the re-writing of the signal. If done, pls post.

Thank you…

Do you all use MT4 trading system?? I also had it but now I prefer to have my own raw market data ( reccomend ampere-data.com) and I do my algorithmic trading by myself. No limit omg :smiley:

amazing stuff

hi guys just wondering why everyone is trying to get the EA for this it takes 1 minute to set up on mt4 trader. first week trading the system and with 2 trades turned ÂŁ3000 into ÂŁ4200. risk was higher than i meant to set as getting used to this platform but hey paid off, good luck all. may the fx be with you.

p.s anyone know how to change the colour of the fib retract tool on fxprimus mt4 platform can’t see anything with it being yellow!!

hi I like to try out that system. is the download of those indicator still actual on the first page or is there a new version?
(please don’t tell me to read through 59 pages)
thanks

I have back tested this indicator and if gave me about 50 right and 50 wrong signals on GBPUSD. Unless there is a new version of this indicator its not a good idea to use it. Better you do your analysis yourself as explaned by Cowabunga System.

How easy is it to code a strategy with this program? I have a strategies and have contacted firms to buy, they want a test, I need to code one.

If you have a programming background it’s quite easy to code in MT4. You can learn with the mql4 docs at MQL4 Documentation

Anyway If you need to get something done I can help you with this. I like coding and testing new ideas! :slight_smile:

If i draw S/R lines into my chart can this be included into the program. idea is the program should not sell on support or buy before resistance.

Hi gays,

First of all, I must appreciate all of you for yours constructive posts in this and other forums which are related to this system. Also, I say my spatial thanks to Big Pippin and Pip Surfer for sharing the Cowabunga system.

I have prepared an EA according to the idea which is firstly introduced by ybop01. It is for MT4 platform and contain nearly all system rules except which are related to news and clean break. It also used modified MACD which is same as original one.

I have checked accordance of its signals to Pip Surfer Daily Update for last several months and found those were nearly 100% as same as each others. The picture below is a snapshot of its signals at 2013.9.11, which could be compared with Pip Surfer Daily Update (Cowabunga System Daily Update: Wednesday, 09/11/2013). (Time is GMT)

Finally, I feel that all of you, who guide me with their posts or indicators, have contribution in it. Therefore, I decide to share it with you after more test and adjustment during following month. So I’m looking forward eagerly for your idea and suggestion for EA initial version:60:

Beast wishes,
SRHN

ooh my god this method working good with 15 hour

Hello,

I am glad to say that Cowabunga EA first version is ready to release. I have tested and compared its signals with Pip Surfer “Cowabunga System Daily Update” posts, for more than one month. In the following I will describe this EA, which I named it [B]CowaEa.1.1[/B], and procedure.

CowaEa is an expert adviser which is written for MetaTrader 4 to make it easier to notice Cowabunga System signals. It performs calculation at close of every 15m candle and produce signals on that candle. The main features of it are:
  1. It works especially for GBPUSD five digits (e.g. 1.59439). Still it works with any pars.

2. CowaEa works on any time frames but only generate signal according to 4 hour and 15 minute time frames.

3. It display trend direction by blue and red points; blue points appears above candles and indicate 4H down trend and red points are vice versa.

4. If there is a trade opportunity according to Cowabunga System, CowaEa would show buy/sell arrows (in direction of buy/sell) on chart:
    [ul]
    [li]Also, it makes sound alarm and show notification;
    [/li][li]It sends an email for buy/sell;
    [/li][li]It only makes sound alarm and email notification if there is a valid signal within the specific time interval.[/ul]
    [/li]5. CowaEa uses a time interval for alarms and auto trading.

5. There is auto trading option by CowaEa:
    [ul]
    [li]If auto trading was “[B]on[/B]” and a valid signal comes within the time interval and [B]NOT a same[/B] trade was opened [B]by CowaEa before[/B], then it would send a buy/sell order;
    [/li][li]SL would place at high/low of ten past 15m candles and TP at nearest 00 or 50;
    [/li][li]TP or SL just work properly for five digits pairs, pair price must be, for instance, 1.59439;
    [/li][li]It does not close opened position before news or at the end of the time interval;
    [/li][li]I strongly recommend that don’t use auto trading until you are familiar with its function in a demo account and also strategy tester.
    [/li][/ul]

6. In the first run it would generate on chart sign for several previous days:
    [ul]
    [li]The number of days could be adjusted.
    [/li][/ul]

7. It does not incorporate Cowabunga System procedure for news and clean break.

To use it, first of all unzip [B]CowaEa.zip[/B], and then move [B]CowaEa.1.1.mq4[/B] to \experts, after that move [B]MACD_Histogram.mq4[/B] to \experts\indicators. Now you can enjoy it. Also, there is a template file, named [B]Cowabunga.tpl[/B] which you can move it to emplates and use it for checking CowaEa signals. At first run you should adjust its following parameters:
    [ul]
    [li][B]History_Day[/B]= number of day for showing signal in history;
    [/li][li][B]Begin_Time_H[/B]= start time (hour) of the time interval according to your MT4 clock (24 hour format);
    [/li][li][B]Begin_Time_M[/B]= start time (minute) of the time interval according to your MT4 clock;
    [/li][li][B]End_Time_H[/B]= end time (hour) of the time interval according to your MT4 clock (24 hour format);
    [/li][li][B]End_Time_M[/B]= end time (minute) of the time interval according to your MT4 clock. (According to Cowabunga System start time of the time interval is 4:00 GMT and end time of it is 16:00 GMT);
    [/li][li][B]Auto_Trade[/B]= if it was just ‘[B]on[/B]’ then CowaEa would send buy/sell order, if not it would not send buy/sell order.
    [/li][li][B]Lot[/B]= position size for auto trading.
    [/li][/ul]
    Finally, I should mention that it is just first version of CowaEa and might have some bugs or shortage. So your feedback would be very helpful to make it a truthful EA. But I believe it would become an efficient tool for you in your trading toolbox some day. Therefore, in advance, if it becomes profitable for you, please donate just $10 to charity on behalf of all contributors to this system.

Best regards,
SRHN
http://forums.babypips.com/members/srhn.html

Hey srhn… Thanks for the EA. I have just started to test it and notice that the message “TP and SL might NOT be correct” keeps popping up. Not sure what it is.

Hi apuhanic,

This message just appears every 15 minute when Auto_Trade=on and the digit of the trading pairs is not equal to 5. If you get this at every tick I suggest you re-download CowaEa.zip from my previous post. If you want to completely disable this message, addi: // at the first of the line 394 of CowaEa ( this: if(Digits!=15)Alert(“TP and SL might NOT be correct”); change into: //if(Digits!=15)Alert(“TP and SL might NOT be correct”); )

For more info. and update about CowaEa please refer to this forum http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/727-cowabunga-system-136.html

Thanks for the EA of this strategy sir…
I hope it’s powerful…
But is this EA work in Liteforex broker??

Could someone please post the last indicator arrow that has come up. Just want to make sure I have this working correctly. Thank you

Hi, I loaded up the ea and the template, but the dots and arrows signals are not showing… Maybe something to do with the mt4 update?

Please advise…

(FEB 19, 2014) Has anyone used CowaEA.1.1 on Auto Trade yet?

(FEB 20, 2014) I tested the auto trading function, CowaEA opens a correct trade but does not set a S/L or T/P. Do I need to set this manually?