Daily Fundamental Dose

Hello Traders!!!

I’ve just started this thread, “Daily Fundamental Dose”, wherein i’m planning to reveal the fundamental fact concerning the forex market. Participants are requested to share their personal views.

2 Likes

Hi Anil, I guess u r self proclaimed analyst :wink: lets see how good you are so ill start u off by asking your tale on usd/jpy and Eur/jpy both short and long term ?

What type of experience do you have trading?
I rely primarily on technicals, but over the last 4-5 months have been paying slight attention to fundies.

What is fundies, sister of undies? LoL!!

Dear risc6k,

Firstly, thank you for joining the thread, secondly, I’m not a proclaimed analyst :). Concerning the USDJPY the fundamentals, dormancy of BoJ & prevalent crisis at Ukraine provide near term strength to the pair limiting the downside below 100.50 and giving brighter chances to test 103 level. For the longer term, easy monetary policy by BoJ Japan will continue to weaken the export oriented nations’s currency which together with improving US statistics and plan for interest rate hike can lead the USDJPY near 97 levels again.

Regards,
Anil

I majorly trade with the help of mixing fundamental and technical analysis. It is better to consider the prevailing fundamental forces playing behind the current movement and then analyze the trade technically. However, sometimes it becomes too lengthy a procedure to analyze during intraday which lead us towards only seeing the technical patterns with system tools.

Yesterday’s ZEW Economic Sentiment for Germany and EU dented heavily to EURO, even the weaker Retail Sales couldn’t help the EURUSD go up. UK economic calendar is likely to remain in focus today with Labor market details and Quarterly release of Inflation report leading the importance. Labor Market details signal optimism for GBP signaling it to test 1.6900 against its US counterparts. However, Inflation report and the press conference by the BoE Governor can provide enough liquidity to the market.

Awesome, a fellow fundies fan in the mix! Nice to see you in the forums, mate. Looking forward to the rest of your insights.

Thank you PipDiddy,

Would try to meet the expectations.

Nice this is great

Thank you, servicehyun :slight_smile:

Keep following the thread. Also share your fundamental views.

Yesterday’s Comment by Fed Chair, Janet Yellen, that the US ‘Has Further to Go to Achieve’ Healthy Economy, provided weakness to USD today. After improved Building Permits and Housing Starts’ details, Preliminary reading of Consumer Sentiment can strengthen the Greenback. Moreover, market players are weighing down the JPY on speculation that China is maintaining pressure on JPY. Weekend seems very quite up till now, hope to have volatile sessions on Tuesday as Monday bears very few economic details.

Having secured consecutive second weekly gain. US Dollar weakened for the first day of the week. GBPUSD seems to become an eye candy today due to UK CPI release. Hope the cable breaks 1.6850. Any views???

Not enough inflation for action to by BOE… yet. If it returns to 1.6750 it might drift even lower, but it is still an uptrend, isn’t it?

I completely Agree with you bobart that the Inflation figure is still well below what BoE expects a trigger to Monetary Policy Action. However, i’m a bit more bullish and would consider a chances of crash only if the pair sustains trading below 1.6650 (in is just my opinion). On the upside 1.6900 and 1.7050 will rally the pair towards 1.7400 levels.

After witnessing the day filled with major events yesterday, the Forex market seems less depended on economic calendar for the current day. German Ifo Business Climate Index and US New Home Sales are the releases that can become useful for traders. Both these numbers are likely to remain side by side to the previous release, giving rise to expectations of no change into the price behavior of pairs connected to EURO and USD. Moreover, speculations that the EURO skeptic party will win the EU parliamentary election continued compressing EU strength, balloting for EU parliament election is scheduled for May 25. Upcoming week also bears lesser economic details, giving rise to the expectations of weaker trading sessions ahead.

Having witnessed a dull-day of trading yesterday, due to UK and US close, economic calendar flashes important indicators to generate volatile forex market today. Durable and Core-Durable Goods Orders together with Consumer Confidence Index by Confederation Board fills the US economic calendar while Speech from ECB President, Mario Draghi, becomes crucial to determine next move of ECB in its June meeting.

Hope to see EURUSD falling back to 1.3500 levels.

Have a happy trading…

Even with “Not So Good” economic numbers, US Dollar manage to continue its northward journey against its European counterpart as ECB President, in his speech yesterday, again uttered the readiness to counter deflationary pressure. Market players are expecting negative interest rates or an add-on to bond buying by ECB during its meeting on June 5th. Today’s German signaling weakness of the Europe’s largest economy and supports the recent downtrend of EUR. To sum up, market is in favor of the USD and is against the EUR, so it would be better to wait and watch till the next week which would provide near term direction to EUR and USD due to the important events being scheduled during the upcoming week.

EURUSD has been very volatile, is there be any positive moment to go for a buy next week?

The Flash Estimation of EU CPI and the ECB meeting is likely to provide enough volatility for the EU pair during the next week. Moreover, US Job numbers, with their “Too Optimistic” forecasts, can become a great source of volatility. Should the inflation numbers increase together with ECB’s announcement of waiting for the more incoming data, can fuel enough strength into the EUR pair. On the other hand, as the forecast for US labor market numbers are too high, should the actual release fell below forecast and even from prior level, considerable weakness can be seen in the greenback.

To sum up, it becomes advisable to go long for EURUSD pair, however proper risk management tools should be used to avoid the crash in account numbers.

P.S. Today’s GDP reading from US becomes important to turn the pair towards 1.3680 levels should it failed to meet the previous reading.