Daily Hi Lo

As of right now I have tooo mayn ways lol. I need to start thinning the herd. I just dont know where to start and I’ve been very busy with ICT’s thread. Seems like the best way to trade IMO.

Which thread is this?

In any case, it seems like RC trades the same way we do using Rui’s MMTT method - which is predicated on trading extremes outside the daily candle back inward towards the channel itself.

It seems the eternal question is not whether you use LWMAs, BBs or some other indicator to draw your channel, but which indicator can best determine when price has moved as far outside the extreme highs or lows of these channels and has begun it’s journey back inward toward the inside of the channel, with as few fake-outs and reversals as possible.

Give me that indicator and I’ll be a millionaire in a year. :cool:

Give me that indicator and ill be a millionaire in 364 days :stuck_out_tongue: lo. How weel does the MMTT system work? And ICTs thread is in the newbie island section titled What every new or aspiring traders want to know. Its a good read.

Yeah, I found it a few minutes after you mentioned it but it appears there’s been some kind of drama bomb exploded over there and he’s now pulled his posts on the strat and is threatening to leave BP. I gather it was some kind of pivot/fib thing? I really don’t care for those kinds of strats - but am prepared to be proven wrong.

This is off topic but I have 3 daughters and this

some kind of drama bomb exploded over there

really made me laugh sounds like my house every day!:smiley:

I hope ICT decides to stay and continue that thread. It realy was a good thread. If all the good posts have been removed then that is an unfortunate loss.

Drama bomb, lol funny phrase.

LOL, Drama bomb. That made me laugh alot. The reason this strat was better than most was that it entered before a “comfirmation” from another source such as an indicator. This allowed for much earlier entries. There is a lot more to the strat but the basic thing is Pivots S/R and divergence. I used to trade something very similar to this but w.o the divergence and I’m not trading it again now. Works pretty well.

I just want my 20pips a day, don’t care how I get em! :slight_smile: I may be a lump of coal today oh lord but I’m gona be a diamond some day… lol

Time and pressure Mike… time and pressure. :smiley:

Take it from a interbank trader theres no ‘Holy Grail’ but becoming intimate with daily PA parameters even roughly be that crossing center, breaking hi/low or trading towards the center fom the outer edges can and will serve you well. Trouble is almost everbody is looking for the quick fix… they get hold of a proven system and either dont see whats right in front of them (I kid you not) or simply cant be ass’d to put in the eyeball time. Honestly how many reading my rant have tested every strat they think might be a goer to destruction? Yep already knew the answer. :smiley: It takes two years to train a pro trader with everything at his/ her disposal so what makes a retail trader any different?

As you rightly point out Mike just 20 pips a day averaged out and your home and dry. I have been trading 30 years and my psychological benchmark has always remained a lowly but consistant 100 pips a week (averaged out). More is nice of course but go chasing them and you risk busting your account.

Thers no quick fix but know what your doing in terms of percentage plays, money management and compounding and you are automatically in the 5% club. Been here nearly a year… how come everyone is chasing big pips and not average gains plus compounding? Go figure. :rolleyes:

20 pip trades are for noobs!:smiley: I only take 100 pip trades :). LOL. I got a question for you R Carter. Just to clearify things based on your day trades. You look for a flat top/bottom on the 2:1 boll, then for price to break that top and break the 2 LWMA High/Low. But, after how many pips of the break do you decided to trade it back to the center? What kind of SL do you use? I know you use one physical stop but what kind of mental stops are you looking at? 20-40 pips? Im gonna try to trade this method and see what I can get from it, if it works for you than maybe, hopefully, it will work for me as well .

the grin means you’re kidding yeah? :smiley:

20pips a day will make a million in 3 or 4 years… after 2 years of getting good enough. Well I’ve got about a year more to go before I get good enough I guess. I’ve been at this a little over a year not 30 but I think I’m on the right track.

‘time and pressure’
:slight_smile: You know what an expert is? someone who used to be a drip under pressure LOL

I was thinking about Robert’s idea trading as price crosses the candle body rather than high low. After all if price crosses the high or low it first has to go past the candle body but that’s where price starts at yesterdays close… still rolling that around the little grey cells.

Looser last night. But reentered this morning manually and gained it back. Last night would have been a winner if it hadn’t been for a 40+pip spike.

Are you still trading the standard way? Or ha ve you changed things up a bit?

As stated I do not trade the HI/LO break in the same way as being debated and tested in this thread so do not think it appropriate to reply in detail here. But in general you might consider calculating the stop as follows. When the trade presents itself on the daily try dropping down to the 15m TF and wait until you get a confirmed reversal of PA then set your SL to just above the highest high or just below the lowest low.[I] Simples[/I] :slight_smile:

Just checking in; I haven’t traded hi-lo so far this week but decided to give it a go tonight. My hi-lo trade parameters as before:

GBP/USD = 30/20
EUR/USD = 26/17
USD/CHF = 20/13
EUR/GBP = 14/9
EUR/JPY = 29/19
USD/JPY = 17/11
AUD/USD = 17/11
NZD/USD = 15/10

In addition to the above I decided to try trailing stops, but only in the direction of what I thought could be ongoing trends. I chose the following pairs:

GBP/USD = -30 Short TS
EUR/USD = -26 Short TS
USD/CHF = -20 Long TS
USD/JPY = -17 Long TS

Goodluck ;), I’m taking a break from breakouts, lol, just been busy with other trading recently. Let us know how things go.

Shr1k,

You poor man. That’s worse then trying to raise three dozen boys. I met a man once with three teenage daughters that was going crazy. I told him all I can tell you is it does get better but it doesn’t happen until they are 25. I have one daughter and two sons.

Good Luck,

Johnny

Rank amatuers the pair of you… I have 12 kids (9 boys, 3 girls). Yep I’m completely certifiable! :stuck_out_tongue: Anybody caught the 100 + daily GU retrace? :slight_smile:

:eek:

Anybody caught the 100 + daily GU retrace? :slight_smile:

If only I could force myself to be up for the London session!

I mentioned before, trading the break of yesterday’s midpoint. There’s nothing magic about midpoints or endpoints for that matter but you need something for a trigger. So, if price heads for yesterdays high or low and fails to break through well… trade it back the other way, seems like a no brainer doesn’t it? Look at last night for a good example.

I wish, I had my entry planned exactly where price went to day down to the pip, but, my alert never went off so I slept through it :(. Oh well, Ill catch the next.