David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

There is not really a limit for the zone, but normally its 20-60 pips for FX.

I’m on my iPad just now, so don’t have charts open… But if I remember right, the 1.5630 was a technical support level.

Quite right, my overlook, 1.5630 support on the 4H (+2GMT) and Daily!

Thanks David, cheers,

Pete

I was up until 3am watching a few movies and having a few beers, so paying for it now with sore head.

You can make consistent profits yes. You just have to understand how to trade smartly and locate the pro money zones. Don’t trade the retail driven moves or zones as retailers are mostly wrong, plus your dealers live fading your weak volume trade… Just trade smartly and wisely and you will do fine.

I trade technicals but with fundamental reasoning normally.

My spot fx trades are opened and closed on the same day, so the length can be anything from an hour to 8 hours.

Risk reward takes care of its self if you find the pro money zone and good trade location.

Option barriers are useful in all technical trading… So is order flow.

Yes the names I gave will give you flow and barrier info each day.

Firstly the questions were a test to see how you would respond and you do appear genuine, so David apologies. Your thread was a carbon copy of an incident I had years ago where I befriended an ex hedge fund manager … Took trading advice … And I won’t go any further but in my naivety, I lost a lot of money.
To all other forum members - apologies, those that know me will know that I don’t go about attacking threads. The content of this one is very good - I just had to make sure it wasnt a repeat of my incident and I guess I got emotionally attached (and as you can appreciate am still scarred).
Spotlight back to David, enough deviations from me, let’s carry on as before…

Ps: I’m not schizophrenic

Hi David

When you say technicals. Do you mean support and resistance levels identified on the chart through technical analysis?

I am very interested in learning more on option barriers. Is this info available for free anywhere on the internet or are they all with subscriptqion? I downloaded the ransqwack app but cannot find anything which says option barriers. Tried the ones you mention but seems one need to subscribe to see the info. I found some news which says example “unconfirmed stops located at 1.2 on eur/usd”…is this what I should be looking for?

Also you mentioned that you use technicals in conjunction with fundamentals. Could you give an example of this pls?

Up till today I have been taking my trade decisions purely on the technical analysis from the charts. So the rest is all new to me. Hope I am not asking too basic questions.

Mrchilled I am glad to see you have found the light to realize David is the real deal. Now we can move on and make many pips together. Keep up the good work David.

Cheers

Jeff.

I think people are more focused on learning from david then enything else…david already mentioned what time frames he uses whisch answers your q? . I just do not want him to get fedup and stop posting. The guy is amazing. Last 3 trades i have done using davids strategy have only been neagative a few pips at the open and have rallied into profit…

People shouldn’t be allowed to post unless they have read the thread in full, and his previous thread. It would save the repeat of the same questions. David should eprhaps put some questions on the first post which are all answered in here, & if they repeat any of those questions they get put on ignore.

Sorry David, I only trade systems with 100% guarantee SR, I am not sure what your 1% failing is but I suggest you get back to the drawing board, and on that basis I do not believe you are for real. Oh & anything <1:10 rr and again I will have to pass. All I have to do is look at the platform and it trades for me, and my porsche got delivered the following day.

(not sure why my post calling you a fraud was edited by the mods when it was clearly a joke, I guess you have to put sarcasm brackets around such comments)

When I say technicals, I mean technical analysis… I just call it technicals or techs for short.

I don’t know anywhere where you will get option barriers or flow for free that would be accurate. Don’t take short cuts, if you want to be successful then you need the right tools and info in place… so don’t be tight, you will need to pay for things as you progress, that’s just the way it is… many offer free trials so take them up on that and then go for the ones you find most useful

[B][I]unconfirmed stops located at 1.2 on eur/usd"…is this what I should be looking for?[/I][/B]

Along those lines yes, but your looking for a little more detail… but your on the right track.

[B][I]Also you mentioned that you use technicals in conjunction with fundamentals. Could you give an example of this pls?[/I][/B]

There are many posts I have made with this sort of example or similar… please read the thread… one is on post #202

For option barriers and order book details I would recommend IFR Markets which is Thomson Reuters… they have free trials available.

Apology accepted, but you know that you have scarred your reputation on this thread and the entire forum, my suggestion is start-up as a new member as your last 290 posts have been in vain and your future involvement would not be credible under mrchilled. Subject closed, lets move on… :64:

[QUOTE=“David Jefferson”]

Don’t take short cuts, if you want to be successful then you need the right tools and info in place… so don’t be tight, you will need to pay for things as you progress, that’s just the way it is… many offer free trials so take them up on that and then go for the ones you find most useful [\QUOTE]

You are absolutely right. I aspire to be a full time trader one day and I do not have a problem to invest in tools that I need for this business. Its just that at the moment I do not know if I am capable of gaining an edge from such tools. But as you said…I can make use of the trials and hopefully will know what to do with them as we go along…hopefully gaining more insight by following this thread.

Thanks for your reply.

i am on this site for quite a while, reading it daily, it is my first post ever i think, wow david i just wanted to say thanks for doing all that you do, it’s aint obvious that some1 will come and spare from his free time, i guess i’ll have to read it again couple of time just to get the grip of it, anyway enjoy the rest of ur weekend, will be following :slight_smile:

Hi David can you please explain how you would have tackled this Friday UC trade? Note the daily and 1 hour 23 and 38 fibs line up with the 100SMA for a short - confirmed on the 15 minute charts with an engulfing short - but quickly reversed back up through the SMA and heads off in the other direction…

Hi David,

Everyone has their opinion regardless good or bad. But like you said in the first post, keep it clean for what the Thread is about and PM for negative comments/questions that is not of help to others. Quite a straight forward request. I think you’ll be getting a big following mate. Keep up the great work. I’m prob jumping the gun here as need to learn to crawl before i walk/run but can you shed some light on what setup monitor/s wise programs etc…to use? Enjoy the arvo mate, bevy in hand no doubt. If your into the Tour De France looks like Bradley Wiggins is gonna pull of a win and bring it home to the UK. Cheers Texy

David,
I have read all of your posts in the last 3 days and now I am hooked. There must have been an unseen reason why I stumbled on your thread. I am also one of the ones who needed lots of help to learn to trade better. I have tried using many EAs and lost over the long run. I also used indicators that Joe Public uses that really did not work for me. When I read your first post, you impressed me. I said to myself, this man sound genuine and very knowledgeable unlike anyone that I have known. And to help others learn professional trading that would costs thousands of dollars or pounds to learn at a cost of “Free” comes once in a lifetime. On the behalf of everyone following your thread, I want to thank you for this blessing. By the way, I would have given you many more “Like” votes for everything that you have posted, but I don’t know how to do it. Can someone teach me?

Hi Peter,

I know you asked for David to expalin the usdcad trade from friday, and I hope David doesn’t mind me having a pop at it, I thought I would share with you what I was watching.

I have on the chart the bull/bear zone in orange, which comes within the 38.2-50% retrace from the last swing down as on the chart. As we can see price touched this zone and reversed, with that engulfing you saw on the 15min chart. But for me personally, I had price just break the down trend line after bouncing of the bottom of the 4hr down channel and the 1hr candle closed above the 100sma, so I was more expecting a shift in price here with price at least testing the 200sma as the next target, and I would have look for a buy after the break test on the 100sma up to the 200sma. Then watch price at the 200sma to see if bulls take full control of the market and break above the 200sma, or to see if the bears take back control and turn price back down.

But if you also look at the daily you will see price has just bounced of the 100 and 200sma’s showing support on the Daily.

Hope this helps a little!!

joffie

Hi David,

To be frank whole day i was reading your thread. im from asia and new to FX. I have being trying for trade with profits since a year, and couldn’t make it my way.
But i am keep on reading and learning. Here it was great opportunity to follow your valuable information and let me to say thanks for your hard work.

Hope you will move to an ALPHA sooner. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again.

great analysis thanks joffie - that break of the upper down trend line is the key which, as you say, provided support for the move up. I also had the BB zone much lower which also confused things. How did you reach your levels? I was thinking daily 23 and 1 hour 38 fbis…but looking at 4 hour S/R yours make more sense so fibs alone are not enough to go on…?