David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

hi dennis - be careful, you are going to have losing trades and one trade is not a sample, 40 trades is a decent sample size (allegedly, someone who is better at maths told me). Also its a simple technique but it will be difficult to perfect so you are going to make mistakes. But I understand where you are coming from.

Out of interest what PA did you use on the lower t/f’s for your cable trade entry today?

Its 2am in the land down under and I think its time I crawled into my kangaroo’s pouch, I’d just like to thank David again for bringing out this wonderful haven for trading (and sticking with it :P)

Also good job from the regular posters trying to sort out all the pilgrims after David’s ministry. Catcha ya later fellas, its been fun :slight_smile:

oh your so right, i entered on the 15 min at 16 15 after seeing price hold above my entry 1.5565 on the one hour for 4 candles, The 5th candle broke the the price pulled back i entered then. The 15 min showed down trend slowly on the 3rd red candle at 4 16. the trend had been same all day same pace so i entered. Please feel free to tell me if there are things that i should have taken notice of to have been more cautious…thanks Bid

Hi David and everyone else here.

Assuming you only have an hour (at most two hours) every day to study the charts and enter trades (because you have a day job or whatever) - what time would be the best time to do this strategy?

I’m thinking during Asian session, probably an hour before London opens? Or is there a better time?

Or is this system / strategy not designed for those who don’t have time to monitor the market several times during the day?

Thanks, and looking forward to the reply.

The market can move anytime, there is no set time or good time… if that was the case everyone would trade at the same 1 or 2 hours.

Your going to have to understand how the market works and moves to understand that.

You would need to view the charts at least once every 2-4 hours to see if there is movement that can offer a trade.

For anyone wanting Thomson Reuters - IFRMarkets order and options news, it is available through Oanda as previously stated. However, you do not need a live account. Simply open a demo account (not sure if you can use a MT4 account, I have a normal fxgame demo account) and head over to the following link

fxtrade . oanda . com / demo - account / forex - news/

I had to enter spaces to get around the anti-spamming hyperlink restriction. Perhaps someone else with more than 5 posts can put up the link without spaces

Alternatively you can log onto the Oanda trade platform and go to >>Resources>News to get there.

Once there, you can peruse all the market news you like…for free!

this is the link for the for the oanda uk site:

https://fxtrade.oanda.co.uk/demo-account/forex-news/

I am logged into Oanda Fx Trade News does anyone know if it automatically refreshed with new news or do you have to manually refresh?

Thanks

Jeff

it doesn’t appear to refresh itself automatically, been sat there an hour on my pc and nothing new, pressed F5 and the latest news appeared

automatically :slight_smile:

Yes it auto refreshed you just need to add a sound to it if you want!!!

Cheers

Jeff

Still enjoying every read of this thread everyday and learning so much along the way a lot. Keep it coming mate.

Just sold A/U pinbar on 1HR, train tracks on 15M, price consolidated under 200MA - aggressive 15 pip SL,target 1.02017
Still have G/U open with trailing 40pip stop currently 14.3 pips the right way but 19.4 of the 40 till SL, target 1.54134

Im in the A/U trade as well :slight_smile:

What SL and targets have you got?

SL: 1.02840 (15 pips)
TP: 1.02106 (66 pips)

AU oooops…sigh :frowning:

With London being closed and with less liquidity atm, Don’t you think there are chances of whipsaw’s on taking a trade now ?

im thinking these best spot for stop is behind the last swing on the 15 min around 1.0300…might have to adjust size…

That being said. Im thinking we move up to the 100 SMA area on the 1hr. Im gonna wait to see what Dave’s analysis is. Did a lot of watching today…YAWN…

Yah it looks like its happening now… oh well thats why you demo trade first! Thanks for the advice! I moved it to 1.03000