David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

when you see the price hit where you want to enter, did you have a limit order sitting there? Or do you try to be really fast with market order entry?

Hi pipcompounder

I have tried to make the order flow stuff as simple as possible for the readers/followers here. Therefore, I showed them a way of using the 5 minute chart of doing it.

That is all explained in the past 2 days, which I’m not going to repeat.

The other way of doing it without waiting for price action or candle patterns, is setting an order to enter and close. I don’t like that that approach. The other way… which I prefer is instant manual execution when the level is touched… to be honest, you don’t need to be that fast. You will find that there is normally a 2-4 second pause as the bids/offers fill before the next movement.

sorry, I meant with the 50, 100, 200 BB zone method.

Hell yes! Wish I had read that before I cracked open the whisky, pop off for dinner and come back to 2 new pages lol.

Going to do have to do theoretical charts on now time rather than rush them tomorrow though.

With that method there is ‘plenty’ of time to enter… entry time is never a problem with that. Your not looking to grab the move to the very last pip with that… that method is for bigger moves… manual entry is perfectly fine, and is what I use.

David

Attached is my homework. Any feed back appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Looks like perfectly solid technical analysis to me. You have it covered no matter what happens.

Of course the zone can be subject to change in the morning if over night price action dictates.

But looks good to me!

What charting are you using, looks fresh, neat and tidy?

Cool!

What kind of whisky?

Started with Tomintoul 16 about to move onto Glenfarclas 15. You a fan?

Good work on the posting holiday by the way :wink: not that I’m complaining!

Thanks David. I’m using FXCM s betting account, i am fairly new to trading and they allow you to trade mini lots. I have subscribed to several different traders in the past without success but i have learnt more from you since you started this thread than in the last 6 months.

Thank You!!!

I always ended up working during holidays anyway… when you have derivatives situated in the market… then there is no such thing as a holiday :wink:

I wouldn’t class my self as hardcore fan, but I do like whiskey time to time. Don’t know that much about it to give an informed comment lol. I’m more of a beer drinker and Jack Daniels… oh yeahhh, the crap common stuff. :wink:

Posted some overnight flow details on twitter. Valid for the overnight session until the Tokyo/Sydney cut.

https://twitter.com/FxJefferson

Twitter: @FXJefferson

Good luck!

hy bear, just as a info, your stoch settings are 21,3,5 not 21,5,3 as david’s, maybe you did that on purpose, but maybe not :stuck_out_tongue:

and btw, david, thanks a lot, really appreciate guys like you who are willing to share their knowledge with others even if it costs something, not only money but time too… thanks again :slight_smile:

Hi

Its just the way this platform displays them, i did check this.

Well spotted.

Hi everyone,

For those of you who are struggling to keep up I have made a .pdf file to recap what has been said about Oder Flow trading.

David, you mentioned in one of your posts that using a financial spread betting company is not recommended for Order Flow trading and scalping in general (if successful). Can you suggest some good brokers in the UK please? I have no idea what choice there is and whether some are better than others.

Thanks!
Sam

I am based in Edinburgh by the way. Good to see some whisky amateurs here!
David, you have much to learn.

Hi Sam, thanks for making the PDF… I’m sure many will benefit from it.

Your question about brokers is a hard one for me to answer to be honest as I trade through CME and CQG and IB and not with retail brokers.

To be perfectly honest… you would be better asking a member here what there preferred retail broker is for scalping since most people here use them.

As far as the spread betting firms go, I’m only going on what people have told me about them and their scalping policy’s. The SB firms tend to have latency issues with their feeds/platforms plus they also go through other brokers. So when you place a scalp and close within a few seconds to a minute or so, they don’t have the time to hedge your position or at least match it in the market… therefore If its a winner, then they foot the bill. So if your consistently doing this at high stakes, then they do not take a liking to you, and from what I have been told, then then suspend or close your account.

Sour grapes really on their part… if you were losing they would keep it open!

Anyway… best ask the members/readers here on their preferred retail broker opinions… they will give you better advice on that!

Thanks for that David. Prob better if I read through the BabyPips website first to see what they say about choice of retail brokers. Better stick to your trading strategies in this post!

hi tfv,

the techniques are all laid out very clearly with examples posted. imo the best way of learning is just doing, but thats me.

can you plot a perfect bb zone on the GU now? If not, then why not? david has told us all we need to know to do it (pretty much). do you get what I mean? I cannot do it either, which is why i am not going to be asking him to tell us more about swing trading unless something else comes up in realtime which he hasnt covered. that i think is common sense, with a bit of common courtesy thrown in.

if we can learn other stuff from david then all the better, and today was a fine example. i am sure we will have plenty of time to cover more swing examples when they appear. and i dont think theres much more he can tell us about the swing trades without himself having to sift through loads of historical charts for slightly deviating examples of pretty much the same thing.

unfort today the markets werent particularly friendly to the swing trading (on the pairs i was looking at) which has been covered, which is why the posts moved onto scalping orderflows - and it played out so well (which i am sure its not always like that), and it was a great day to just sit back and learn by watching or dipping your toes in and trying a trade.

looking forward to tmrw. happy trading.

is there a way to just see david’s posts without them getting condensed? I got it to show just his posts from the thread but they all get cut off and then I have to click on every one to read it.