David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

I’m already in this one Joffie from another longer term strategy so wont be playing! Aud looks hopeful though!

Here we go again :slight_smile: Bought @1.03424 when price broke 1.0336 spike, SL ~50 pips at last swing low 1.02902 and TP looks like a clear run to 1.0467

I know I can work it out from the prices but it would make life simpler if you included the Pair in your post. Thanks.

Sorry, will remember in future, still talking about A/U

Don’t forget, I went long so a short is probably as near as a certain thing as anything you will ever see in forex lol :wink:

Update:

I was joking (kind of) but price almost instantly dropped 20 pips, I’m telling you fellas, my anti-signals are the real deal hahaha.

Don’t you think that price may be first attracted to the 1.0305 area ?

Aud - some 15 min rail tracks would be nice right now eh Slipp!:51:

I’m still in price sitting just above my break even entry on audusd, most likely to have another test of the 200sma before a move up, but bulls have broke the BBZ to the upside, so expecting a move higher still.

One comment: [B]Buy Low, Sell High.[/B]

Put your hand UP if you bought pretty much at the high of the current day, and then moan that it goes against you :58:

Usdcad, still at the 200sma area, and holding on the BBZ for now. I would now be watching to see if price gives a buy or if bears break the 200sma taking full control. For a buy I would want to see a test of the 100sma from below expecting a break up or a break test from above to buy.

:23: OK maybe I’m missing something fundamental here

@Shoot: Yes indeed

@Athena: Price was making HH, is there a reason it would retrace specifically to this level?

@David: This maybe connected to what Athena is trying to tell me but given the lack of liquidity during Asian session and that London is just starting I though I was effectively trading the confirmed change in trend at the start of the day.

Are you saying that we should wait for the HL before buying, that you would expect a BB zone retrace effect with this move to enable buying low or that I’m just too late to the party altogether?

UPDATE:

So if bias has shifted it renders the old BB zone irrelevant, a new BB zone is drawn but with fibs in the direction of the new bias and then we wait for retrace to where pro money will be interested?

Double Update:

So if I’m right the BB zone now looks like:

AUD/USD H1:

and we should only now be looking for confirmation signals on 15M.

TRIPLE UPDATE:

I have been putting of trying to get the OF stuff till I get this aspect but given there are A/U barriers @ 1.0350 and 1.0305 I’m guessing that price will probably be ranging between these two till 3pm anyway.

:23: I took my first position at 1.03260 after the retest of the Correction Zone

AU is approaching a confluence of fibs at the 200 MA , Looking for a long off the bounce of the 200 , does that sound reasonable to you guys . Would welcome an input from David on this .

My main comments are on the picture. But there is one more point I want to make which isn’t on there.

Price can move up and down above/below the 100-200 during corrections, that is fine, as it means nothing early doors… as long as the price action doesn’t sustain/hold, consolidate after the cross then its fine, as that’s what dictates if the cross will hold.

If price dips down below the 100 or 200 to test and reject of a fib level or major support and resistance and moves back above the MA’s, then that is perfectly acceptable as that’s a standard correction taking shape.

I think you need to go back to the start of the thread… first 1-5 pages and read an article I wrote about retail driven moves, and professional money driven moves, and how to locate each one.

ps: There is a bit of sarcasm on the comments in the picture… its friendly sarcasm :wink:

Blue Arrow Point A

Red Arrow Point B

Various factors :

You bought @61.8 against a wp
Bulls did not confiirm
bearish pin on 60 mns
barrier @1.0305
Various trend lines on 240 mns

So lower/upper bound (38-50) may retested to get a better price

(chart without fib but with lines)

If the 1.5500 barrier is the one that comes into play towards NY cut today, then it is obvious it is trying to be held below. The owners have shown their cards if this is the case later on towards 15:00 UK time.

There are reported offers from TR: GBP/USD Offers @ 1.5520 & 1.5550

Thanks David, my interpretation of confirmation/consolidation after trend change was horribly wrong.

Hi David,
Gold has been consolidated since yesterday, do you think it’s still want to climb up?
Sorry for my bad English

David, I traded the GU short off the first touch of the 1.5500 earlier this morning and made my 10 pips. I was just wondering, now that the price has moved above that level, if it returns from above, would you take another trade long on the first touch from above? (Obviously before the 3pm cut).

What I think bares no relevance, I do not move the market nor predicted the distant future.

What the professional money wants to do matters. So I act on informed decisions that are made based on the action that is in front of me at the time.

Therefore analyze the chart using the tools and techniques at your disposal, and you will find out when the appropriate action takes place… bias, trend, corrections, bb zones, price action.

If you want a magical forecast into the future… then try this: Magical Forecasts

Usually only near to the cut, and only if it has tripped offers above.