David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

llllloooolllll :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Here is a interesting link about Exploiting Currency Options Expiries for Forex Trading which ties perfectly with this thread.

Enjoy the reading

Gerry

LydiaH,

I suggest you trade facts and not predictions and forecasts.

If you think gold has legs, then that it fineā€¦ but make sure it is fully backed up with your full and appropriate analysis. And only act of the information when it unfolds in front of you.

Forecasts are for analysts.

Informed decisions and action when the information starts to prevail on the chart is for traders.

I took this CL entry short @8879 this morning.

Setup:
On H1 tried to break through BBZ overnight, held below
H1 200 acting as res for couple of days now, no close above, so bears in control.

Entry:
Close of M15 rail tracks (also the head of h&s pattern)
used 50 as res
LLs & LH

Now moved below th H1 50sma, bears firmly in control. However still wary as if risk is back on (gold goes for break of yest highs) then it could just go through my stop. Looking to move SL to BE if it breaks and holds below 8800.

Any comments appreciated, not 100% sure if its ok entry. Forgot to add: none of the major currencies look that clear to me today, so will try and just trade order flow but with a confluence to technical areas also.

Happy trading.

ECBā€™s Draghi is flapping his gums just nowā€¦ sending the market on wild swings.

ha just as i post it spikes 40ticks. see if it holds, unlikely now.

Offers at 1.5520 were bypassed by strong buying with ECBā€™s Draghiā€™s comments, sent market wild, the Offers filled @ 1.5550 9 pip reaction. GBP is now above 1.5550 looking for more offers to chew upā€¦ none reported, may have to be resistance that holts it.

I have got a better price @1.0310 for one-third of the position but had no time to enter the remaining two-third at lower levels because of the explosive upward move.

Yes GBP stoped just under the 200 SMA and the EUR looks like its trying to find support on top of the 200 EMA.

boom. just came back from lunch and everything turned massive in my favor. e.g. i was long nzdusd on bullish divergence and bullish engulfing candle from 100 hourly sma. i know draghi was responsible for that move, but still, i was/am part of it :wink:

David its so crystal clear. Many thanks man.

Hi guys

First of all thanks to David for all his honesty and dedication to teach us what he knows.

Just a quick question. is any1 else using Oanda fx news on a demo account to get option barriers figures. As I tried it and it wouldnā€™t let me do it. spoke to the rep and was told its only available for live a/c holders. can anybody confirm that pleaseā€¦much appreciatedā€¦ many thanks

now itā€™s better for me to wait on a retrace to the BBZone superior level (1.2216) for the E/U to enter or should i look for entry signals on the 15M chart? sorry, but iā€™m having some trouble gaining confidence in entering the trades :s

iā€™m using the free news with a demo account. so itā€™s definitely possible.

hi, the bbz zone is likely to move every time its making new highs as your having to redraw fibs in

hehe good to hear that, the bad bit was the correction down on the fibs, I did not trade on NZ , I went on euus and gbus , i did not think about it or over analyse i just waited for the fib then front run my orders on the 200 sma on the way back upā€¦260 pips up right nowā€¦

Someone PM/Emailed me and asked what are my recommended pairs for flow scalping.

I covered this yesterday I think it was on a quick set up guide for flow scalping.

EUR/USD
EUR/GBP
AUD/USD
NZD/USD
USD/JPY

You can trade any pair with flow, thats what moves them! But those above are cool.

But if I have a gun pointed to my head and was told I would have my peanut blown out if I didnā€™t pick 2 I had to flow scalp, every day/nigh for life, then I would pick the NZD/USD and USD/JPY.

The reason being is that you donā€™t get much excess flow on each side of the bids/offers, The bids/offers on those 2 are generally smaller than most other pairs, which makes things straightforward.

oh thanks to David its just less clouded trading, you can see where you are

Thanks TopFroxx.

its working nowā€¦

Pay attention to the daily ATRā€™s folks.