David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

from my superior technical point of view the Euro can talk the talk but wont walk the walk! Up like a rocket down like a stone

none as i think it will be bouncy

kores, you have completely misunderstood my post:
i was responding to david - i quoted his post
i was having a joke at my own expense - ā€œits prob (sic) BSā€, "esp(sic) coming from me"
i was saying this thread & the posters here (you included) are good - ā€œgood threadā€ / "good bunch of posters"
i was talking about spammers using google translate, not you - the poster david told to FO.

do you know what a spammer is? someone advertising here when they have no right to.

if you have trouble with english then its best not to jump to conclusions, instead ask me/clarify what was said before posting again.

i cannot think how hard it is with english not being your first language and joining in here, there is a lot of slang/acronyms etc used. so you are doing well.

sorry that you were offended.

thanks charles - for some reason i cannot ā€œlikeā€ your posts - is it because we are both newbies? and there have been a few i have liked. this one inc.

Not sure why, maybe Iā€™m just not likeableā€¦

ha, i can now - maybe its when the thread is updating.

where the ā€˜hateā€™ button?

follow the rules - see post #1 for the pdf!

edit:
[U]disclaimer[/U]
Rules = technique not strategy!

I say NONE, but that is what I am thinkingā€¦ what my charts say is that there is good resistance at 1.2330 and 1.2380ā€¦ and possible good support at 1.2160

the truth is that (at this time), I donā€™t care since I was long E/U @ 1.2115 (swing strat) and just closed 3/4 of my position at 1.2280

:slight_smile:

1/ for a real recovery, the euro has to break the upper line of the channel (break, re-touch then higher) (first chart)

2/ the red line is not only a classical SR level but also 161.8 of the initial upward move

3/ the most probable correction area is 38.2-50 of todayā€™s move. this zone is also a range of previous correction levels and includes the break out line

4/ Tomorrow is the end of the week and close to the end of the month. Traders will book some profit or cover losses. Considering that todayā€™s move was sharp, the correction has to be small for prices to be able to reach 1.24.

5/ On Monday, we will know the spanish GDP and see an Italian 10y. It might be not exciting for the euro area

6/ Some good money is on hold at 1.24

So, could we see a continuation on Friday ? The only news of importance is the core durable goods order in NY session.

My opinion at the moment is that we have to monitor how the recovery develops and if the first level (second chart) will reject lower prices at 38.2 (potential first test of sma 100-240 mns). If yes I will vote for 1.24

A look at $idx will be a good idea as well as a quick study of $ vs its competitors and fib times.

I will update if I have time enough

Thats good stuffā€¦ I like that.

By the way, to ALL readers/followers, the poll thing aboutā€¦ what we will see first before Monday NY cut (1.2150-1.2400)ā€¦ just to clarifyā€¦ its a bit of funā€¦ nothing else.

But I do have bet on for 1.2150, because Iā€™m a complete and utter muppet for going against the bias and trend! :30:

Iā€™m short at 1.2312 and 1.2280 after closing my long position from 1.2131. Go bears!

Mr. jefferson, can I ask, is a general rule of thumb that when the market reacts with a big move to a CB person speaking, that it is always fluff? That Central Bank doesnā€™t actually intervene during those times, right? So if itā€™s a news move against the bigger sentiment, should we look to join the fade every time?

Been out today but noticed you are a senior member now. A record?? Congrats and weā€™ll all address you as Sir David now. LOL! O.B.E next?

David, you were going to answer me regarding taking trades toward the OF levels before the scalp going the other way. I may have missed your answer and if I did Iā€™m sorry. Thanks David, youā€™re the man.

Here you go:

I wouldnā€™t exactly call it a general rule of thumb. But most of these meetings and conferences from the CBā€™s are full of the brown stuff on their comments, which the speculators either panic sell or buy.

To understandā€¦ you will have to read the comments that come out as they are made and read the reports. They are all available each time in real-time.

Listen sunshineā€¦ you start calling me LORD Jefferson!.. Never mind this ā€˜Sirā€™ BullStā€¦ lol

:35:

David please take a look at my post. I really need you to comment on my trades because Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s something wrong with my analysis.

I donā€™t know why I called you sunshineā€¦ are you not meant to be like 96 years old or something?

Near enough, Sir, but you may call me gramps hehehe