David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

If anybody uses trade interceptor charting on the iPhone you will see that 78.05 spike down on u/j at Australia open.

What up.

Been a likkle MIA but have been trying to catch up. Mainly for my own selfish reasons of staying on top of this thread. I have some other courses I am doing and some hobbies (music) plus a life to so its not going to be as easy for me to keep up with the PDF. Its hard enough to keep up with the thread lol. I got to post #1008 in this version.

Is there anyone else thats here more often that wants to take over the PDF duties? I can send them the word document

Download David Jefferson (Technical Analysis Trading Method)v.2.0.pdf from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Iā€™ll take you on that dealā€¦ but Iā€™m shorting these pairs once I see the appropriate price action.

I donā€™t mind you taking 3 days off, at least I got myself some pips in exchange.

And if youā€™re wrong, and I lose some pips - itā€™s still okay because weā€™ll get to at least see how you trade live. :smiley:

What about, rather than ā€œcopy-pastingā€ the entire text - youā€™ll just ā€œpasteā€ the specific forum post link on the PDF, with a very brief description of what the links is about. And of course, donā€™t anymore include posts with small talk - only the strategy discussions.

Iā€™m sure it will be easier as the most basic strategy has already been discussed and I think everything else now is specific currency pair analysis, with some bits of strategy every now and then.

I can see that as a valid thought.

However, the main reason I am not just posting links is because (God forbid) the thread blows up and gets lost in the abyss, it will serve as a sort of back up. Its a good review/primer to people who feel like they have been learning for weeks or months but wanna got back to the basics. 2, 3 or even 5 years from now they still have a valid hard copy of the important stuff in a PDF.

Im going to assume this part is ignorance. If you opened the PDF you would see that I pretty much scanned through the entire thread picking out only Davidā€™s main posts (educational) and also his answers to other members (related to said strategy). I included the question and answer posts because if he took the time to answer them, he must have felt them important. That being said I did leave out a few question/answer posts where davids answers were very short, or had nothing to do with strategy at hand.

The premiss of this PDF is to include the MOST important posts and a lot of the QAā€™s so the average joe can instantly understand whats going on once they read it. Some of the posts and QAā€™s seem to be repetition but I added them in because repetition is the key to understanding and mastering Anything, not just trading.

Hope that answers the questions.

Anyways the PDF doesnt have to go on, Iā€™m just saying I wont have the time to commit. If someone doesnt want to do it my way and wants to do it their own way, thats fine. But Iā€™m not going to butcher something together for the sake of saying I did something. Its either going to be Balls to the Wallā€¦or nothing at all.

PEACEEE

My iPad trade interceptor app didnā€™t have any spike down on UJ for today.

Hi David,

I have read and reread the many posts and after about a week, it is finally making great sense! I want to say thanks and keep posting the helpful information :slight_smile:

For any Asian session traders, the one touch binary on EURUSD is now about 17.5:1

I used IG Markets to do the binary option trade at about 10am GMT+10, wish I had waited but if the price does hit 1.2150 it will still be awesome pay off.

[QUOTE=JustinCredible;378794]I can see that as a valid thought.

However, the main reason I am not just posting links is because (God forbid) the thread blows up and gets lost in the abyss, it will serve as a sort of back up. Its a good review/primer to people who feel like they have been learning for weeks or months but wanna got back to the basics. 2, 3 or even 5 years from now they still have a valid hard copy of the important stuff in a PDF.

Hey dude, just wanted to say itā€™s cool that you have taken the time to put this together. Nice, concise and easy to catch up for many of us out here. Hope you get rewarded with pips galore! :53:

David,

Sorry to backtrack a little. Been hard work keeping up on here! But you previously reported this option as 14/16, right? So the latest buy price of 10.7 would suggest that the market sees higher risk in this binary option than they did previously, and the chance of us reaching 1.2150 is slightly lower than it was before?

I donā€™t trade options or alike. This is the first time Iā€™ve ever discussed them! But Iā€™m just trying to gauge market sentiment.

As always, great thread and thanks for your continued support here.
Lyall

With a binary option, its really just a mathematic model used to calculate odds, thus as the price rises during asian session the chance of hitting 1.2150 becomes mathematically less likely and the odds increase in your favour.

I am sure Davids decisions are more targeted and European trading session and to a lesser extent the US trading session.

the Daily ATR says the EURUSD moves on average 94 pips a day. So 1.2150 is still in target range, but as David said before he has taken it out based on fixed risk/reward ratio.

Once again as the forum title says I am still a newbie, but I think I covered most of the basesā€¦

If price is not market driven but rather mathematically derived, it all makes sense. Looks like binary options could easily provide great R:R ratios with high probabilities. Iā€™ll have to look into it more before Draghiā€™s next speech!

Thanks for the info, TraderSan. And are you Japanese by any chance?

Lyall

Not Japanese, just enjoy Anime.

Though I seem to have made a mistake with name -San is only for a guy when a girl says it. I should have done Trader-Chan from what I understand.

Binary options are fun to trade, but should be traded with alot of caution, I only did a very small trade based on Davidā€™s analysis and I liked his logic.

Edit:

Also Binary options only offer a good R:R if they are mathematically unlikely to occur, hence why the Binary option at 1.2150 is such a good deal becuase there alot of factors indicating a good chance of success.

A binary option closer to the current price will be much closer and could even be less than 1 to 1 risk/reward ratio.

For those watching the Option barriers:

EUR/USD 1.2200 & 1.2320/25 option expiries today
AUD/USD 1.0435 & 1.0350 expiries today
GBP/USD 1.5700 expiry today

Can someone explain how the EUR/USD options would affect price, as I clearly want 1.2150 and there is an option @ 1.2200.

Im still learning all the option jargon, OANDA has released alot of options news for EURUSD but havent seen any mention of barriers, would the option at 1.2200 be considered an option barrier?

EDIT:

Can someone also rewrite this into english :rolleyes:

1mth*EUR/USD vol has gone 10.1% bid-to-offered today
The period traded at a 5wk high of 11.0% yesterday (in Asia)
Mid and back-dated EUR/USD vols have also fallen today

I think it was just a glitch because I looked at other pairs and they had a rediculous spike also at the same time. I use the fxcm feed on trade interceptor. Donā€™t know if that makes a difference.

Does anybody know if you can trade binary options with US regulated brokers? I use Oanda

I see oanda has box options. you draw a box at 1.2150 and it should quote you the same risk:reward ratio as a binary option.

More info here:

I havenā€™t ever traded a box option, so do make sure its right for you.

Edit:

Just did a demo trade, its very weirdā€¦

Hi TraderSaan
Where on Oanda you got your info I got the following report from Oanda but the numbers a different

Question About order flowā€¦

When David posts overnight OF levels for Aud/usd and Usd/jpy etc. what happens when Asia session ends, are they still valid til NY close?

Also when there are two levels back to back (ie. .25-.30) when you scalp the first level and it immediately moves to the next without any pullback do you take both trades? I guess what I am asking is if there are any scenarios where you are in 2 scalp trades at once on the same pair?

Excellent, I will check that out. I really appreciate it.