David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

Having the same issue with Alpari and GKFX Jonny. Alpari was ok yesterday but no joy today.

Hi Richard, thanks for your help.

Iā€™m still having a few problems. If I explain what i am doing maybe you tell me where i am going wrong?

I downloaded the txt file and put it in the metatader/experts/files folderā€¦

I have downloaded the mq4 file and opened it up in metaeditor and the ā€˜Saved asā€™ into the metatrader/experts/indicator folderā€¦

When i download the ex4 file and open it up in metaeditor there is only a small amount of text, unlike the mq4 file, which has loads of code.

So the files are in there folders and then i open up my trading platform, click on the custom indicators, but nothing happens, not even the error message now.

Any suggestions?

I have also noticed adobe mete files under all indicators in the indicator folder. What function do these provide?

Thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it!!

Here is my options.txt - thanks Richard for that indicator and David for that great thread!
Edit: Cant use it though on my main broker. No lines visibleā€¦
On other brokers it works !

already answered

Anyone else get an error message when trying to go to Daveā€™s blog?

The address has changed. Have a look on T :wink:

Hi traderjosh,

Within the past couple of days I read a post here on Babypips that shared a work around for the FIFO issue with Oanda. Iā€™m not sure if this works because I havenā€™t tried it, but I read it here on the forum so it must be true, right? :33:

Anyway, it said that the FIFO rule only applies to positions that are the exact same size. If you open different sized positions you can close them in any order you want. Because Oanda lets you trade with just a single unit, you could enter positions of 1000, 1001, and 1002 for example, without really affecting your R:R ratio.

Hope this helps,

Nick

Just thought I would show this entry I took today using the 100sma for a entry, price now sits at the bottom of my BBZ and the 200sma, so could now see the bears take control of the markets. I took a buy to start, when price came into the BBZ on a 15min entry, where price tested the BBZ and 100sma, this then was closed when I saw price once again break the 100sma and testing the 100sma from below, also with a triangle break test from below as well. Here I placed a sell stop below the low expecting the bears to break lower this time at least to the 200sma.

joffie

Since posting this post price now is breaking the 200sma and the BBZ proving that the bears are in deed about to take or could take control, depending on the close of the current candle and after price breaks below.

Hi joffie,
Nice trade as it was backed with a lot confluence with pivots level as well.Was your target at 200sma and when did you take this trade. Because the entry level was closed to the U>K PMI figure at 9:30.( before or after) That trade works well because of the weak figure shown. Actually am a pivots trader so I find it difficult to enter at that time because of the votality

Hi guys, I have a quick question about OrderFlow,

the level 1.0510 at AUDUSD.

I see that the price was within 1pip from the level 2 times before finaly breaking through at 10:15(EST). Was this price considered broken? and right after it broke through it almost hit the next level, and was 1.3 pips awayā€¦ Is this one considered broken?

Thanksā€¦

Hi, there is a option when you added it called Debug, could you sett this to True, and send me a copy of your ā€œExpertsā€-log
(btw, if you right click at a line in the expert tab, and select open, you find the current text document of the log there, please send me the relevant information, and Iā€™ll try to fix itā€¦

Btw, I tried the indi in Oanda MT4 and GKFX(both demo) and it worked in both :confused: so dont know whats wrongā€¦ Also I have noticed that sometime when I change the Timeframe the lines doesnt redraw(wery weird)ā€¦

Once price action breaks a level that is the level finished, next time
it reverses & breaks again the effect is lost.

I didnā€™t take that one but I did take the U/C, which when it broke
down it then reversed 11 pips.

Have a look on T?
i didnt get thatā€¦

Thank You!! I just tried it and you are correctā€¦thanks for the info. This makes things much easier.

I donā€™t understandā€¦ Iā€™m getting tweets and answering them?

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently]

He was being coy.

Well said David. All is there on how to trade with the tools needed to succeed as the way you do. Iā€™ve been quiet but been focusing and trying to continue to learn as you have shown. Iā€™m getting there. Iā€™d be keen on the webinar if you can provide more details. Also can you elaborate on the training course your setting up and how to get on board? Cheers Tex

Hey Tex, here is a link to the details and the order button.

Note the highlighted text down by the order buttonā€¦

Live Training Room | FXJefferson

Hey Charlesk, much appreciated for the link, Cheers Tex. One last thing do you or anyone else can give me a heads up on how to highlight on MT4 the BBZones in yellow like David does?

Tex
click ā€˜Insertā€™ tab at the top, select ā€˜shapeā€™ then ā€˜rectangleā€™. Move cursor to where you want to start then drag and drop when finished. To change colour, click on chart, select ā€˜object listā€™ find rectangle in the object list, tick the box then click ā€˜editā€™ then select colour you want. Job done.

There may be a quicker way but the above works for me.

Ralph

on MT4: View - Toolbars - Line studies - Rectangle and scroll to highlight area