Demo Trading Account

Hi!
I am using IC markets MT5 demo account for practice, which expires after 20 days if no position i opened within 20 days. can anyone tell me a broker whose demo accounts don’t expire for at least 3 months at least?

Oanda demo accounts never expire

(it’s also a decent enough, and well-regulated enough, brokerage, for a counterparty one, as these things go)

3 Likes

does it work on mt5 ? i am pretty much used to MT5 now.

You could try Roboforex. I have a few demo accounts with them and they never close even if I don’t use them for months. They’re also compatible with MT5 and MT4.

I will try this one hopefully they don’t have any such restrictions.

yes, Oanda has MT5

be aware that roboforex.com and roboforex.org are two very different companies: one is properly regulated, the other one not

so which one is regulated ?

1 Like

You can always check this link for more basic infomation on some regulated brokers and their demo expiration time.
https://www.forexfactory.com/brokers

Best Regards,
Ayọ

1 Like

I’ve had a similar experience with demo accounts expiring quickly. If anyone knows of brokers offering longer-lasting demo accounts, please share your recommendations.

1 Like

see flaming’s post re Oanda above

1 Like

As demo accounts are opened for practice and experimentation, I am at a loss that any trader would not be using it for more than 20 days.

In my early days, I had a similar ‘argument’ with Pepperstone where I expressed that I would open a live account when I was ready to do so. Fair play to them as they agreed to give me the space I needed.

The issue with IC Markets is that they are so huge that unused demo accounts are a hindrance to supporting their more profitable clients. I stay with them on live accounts because I can send Thai baht for them to convert into USD, and vice versa, without any hassle.

Anyway, best of luck.

1 Like

I used the demo accounts of IronFX and FXOpulence broker and it doesn’t expire you can check it out.

Would also recommend Oanda. :blush: I find their interface generally intuitive and easier to understand than some of the other less known brokers I’ve checked out. :sweat_smile:

I use the demo that comes with my MT5 account. That is enough to learn the process of trading till I get the hang of it…

@Cybertycoon Totally on the same page with you, buddy! Demo trading is where the learning happens. Also, choosing the right broker is vital. Personally, I kicked off my demo journey with aaafx and I was so comfortable with them that I decided to start live trading.

There are several brokers that offer demo accounts with longer expiration periods, typically ranging from 3 months to unlimited access.

Yes, I too plan to open a real account with them but damn their demo accounts expire too soon. I am researching on it that i could create some demo account that stays more than 3 months at least or the one that i myself delete it.

which ones ? Can you please name some ?
i am new to forex. Need to filter them out.
I can find the information regarding regulation and other things but no body talks about demo account expiry stuff on their websites.

I think after installing mt5, metaQuotes provides a demo account. That is sufficient for practice i guess.