Do not lose hope in Trading!

Trading is a great way to earn money but it can be a very unstable place. Yet hope is one thing you should never leave and keep on working hard irrespective of whether you lose or succeed.

6 Likes

Sometimes it’s not about losing hope, it’s about having self-awareness and the wish to cut your losses.

There is simple thinking which always pays off. Everything which brings success depends on great hope and a patience to work steadily until a person obtains his goals. Even it is true for the forex traders also. Traders need to move patiently with a greater vision to achieve their goals of trading by maintaining the hard work regarding efficient use of his funds, managing risks and achieving his trading objectives here.

1 Like

Truly agree with, but usually people tend to leave the sphere as soon as they lose their money, it’s all about gain and lose here

Truly agree with you .

1 Like

Right hope is something which keep us motivating to be positive for are working life so that we can be better.

1 Like

if I experience it, I will stop because I have no capital.

Right motivation is the one which doesn’t involve merely money. Thinking only about money is wrong set up because you start to ignore some obvious facts like learning curve which is not steep but slowly increasing. You start to search for risk which is happily offered by your broker because of the leverage. Basically you start looking for shortcuts and avoid experience where real knowledge is used. It is easy to start using trading tricks and style which look funny but completely useless, many traders fall into this trap.

hope is important , no way to deny, but it should be practical , unrealistic hope is not good at all and it always make us greedy and emotional.

1 Like

hope can be useless if there is no working , we have to focus on our hope greatly and should survive for all time including great patience.

I agree. It is the most unstable thing ever to imagine. But we shouldn’t lose hope. We must keep trying and learn all possible strategies to make the best from our trading.

1 Like

Stay consistent with your trading strategy and everything will be ok.

1 Like

Right, If one is hoping for miracle only for this Forex work then it is not going to happen at any moment. So being practical is also important.

1 Like

totally agreed!

we know the reality but when trading in practical cant control the emotions , as a result we looking for unrealistic hope

Just want to share one of my good friend who traded forex. He left Forex for good, pretty darn good reason. Reason? It does not fit him.

Usually we judge that he’s a loser. But he was on verge of losing the good family (3 kids to look after). He got to choose one out of two F’s options. Yeah, he left Forex to save Family, decided to go back where Forex didn’t exist in his life and got his happiness and love back.

I must say there are some people out there who left Forex for GOOD. And I agree with OP for traders not to leave when the reason is losing trades or even unstable result. [Short break is good]

Trading Forex is not about money but a career or passion. It’s a long term learning process. Losing trades will eventually covered up by experiences. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very good point.

Like any other business: some may just not be suited to this and will never quite cut it no matter how hard they try. Nothing wrong with that and certainly no shame in that either having tried but with the right attitude and expectations.

The above being said: could most be successful given enough time and effort??? Maybe. I for one have certain personality traits that strictly speaking should probably preclude me from trading altogether. And I was a very miserable person to live with when I started out and for the first few years due to huge consecutive and sustained losses and for allowing myself to be totally and utterly all consumed with this business and at the cost of all else. It took a forced and total break from it to get things back on track in my life. Strange thing though: when I did return to it everything was much clearer, things that made no sense before suddenly made sense, and it pretty much was a whole different scenario, and the rest is history as they say. Who knows why. Age, maturity, time needed to process what had passed before, experience??? Don’t quite have the answers.

1 Like

That’s all good, simply not everyone have the nerver or side money to take that much looses anyway. Most people just give up basically cause of constant stress and that’s it really. I do not see it like a good thing anyway. How do others deal with that ?

Exactly my point about (my) personality. There is nobody that I personally know that would have continued trading for years and years while losing more often than not and copious amounts of cash at that. Frankly: anybody with a half a brain would probably have called it quits after the first year at probably 1% of my total losses. I do believe that I’ve learned from what was left from the ashes though. The last few years give me some comfort anyway.

P.S.

It doesn’t have to be stressful. I made it that way for myself. Only with hindsight have I realized that of course. I’m so unstressed nowadays (about trading anyway) that it’s boring. Maybe (for somebody like me anyway) it’s the right place to be. Others may need the minute-by-minute excitement to thrive and do very well on that basis and would not be able to control themselves given the lack of action in what I do now. Maybe a change in perception and values too. Only thing that counts to me now is how much money I’m going to have (or not have) in my bank account comes month end. Bragging rights for whatever percentage I’ve made for the week or for the month or how good I was on a particular trade count for nothing anymore. If 0.5% ensured that my bills were paid comes month end: then all is good. That’s very different from the way I approached this when I started out I can tell you.

1 Like

Like your story. I stopped trading for 12 months, now coming back into it with a different mindset. Like yourself the money in the Bank is the reality. Gives me great hope

2 Likes