Do you exercise?

Hello Folks,

3 weeks I decided to begin to go to Gym. I have noticed a better performance on my trading. Has anyone else tried this?

What are your results when it comes to trading?

Thanks,

HI @jorgemontero,

I’ve worked out on-and-off for most of my life. I’ve been working out regularly for about two years now, 3-4 days a week, strength training with weights, and feel good. I believe exercise is very important for one’s mental health as well.

I can’t say it’s directly affected my trading, and I’ve only been learning about Forex for 6 months, but I think physical fitness is beneficial to all aspects of ones life.

Cheers!

3 Likes

for ensuring successful trading , it is more appropriate to ensure Mental gym , not physically something , morning mediation is really supportive to be cool when trading.

2 Likes

yes psychically strongest is not a deal to bring profit in Forex trading , just need a cool mind that comes from Mental exercise

I believe that Physycal work can lead to a stronget mind too.

Exercise is a way to releive stress and to be more focused when trading.

you missed my point , i am not ignoring the strength of psychs, just wanted to make sure the importance of meditation.

Most days I either do 45mins Nordic walking in a forest close to home or take my bike down to the coast and do 90mins cycling along the sea-front. Once a month or so I do a day’s hiking with camping equipment etc. on the hills.

I have no idea if it impacts my trading but it certainly helps keep me healthy and I always feel better after these things.

1 Like

I try going to the gym once a week but some weeks I skip it because I end up being busy with other things. I definitely think I need more exercise.

For sure and very often, I am visitng gym like 6 days a week for an hour or so for power and cardio exercices, it really helped me to loose weight I gained over like 10 years. Be very carefull and do anything like slowly and over time. So to be prepaired.

2 Likes

That’s impressive, you must be very fit!

What exercises do you usually do to releive your stress?

Yes, I go to the gym 3 times a week.I also go to the swimming pool.

1 Like

There’s no point in trying to better yourself in trading if your body is starting to weaken because of atrophy or whatever illness you may have due to inactivity. Good on you for working out, it’s never too late to start. Better to age strong than age just sitting in a rocking chair unable to do much else.

I’ve been trying to exercise twice daily. I do circuit training in the morning before work then I attend a class (dancing, yoga, etc.) after work. If I can’t attend a class I walk/run for at least 30mins. :relaxed:

I love to do cardio, things like running or swimming are good for me.

I wish I had your power of a strong will to exercise every day. You’re doing a great job!

1 Like

That is nice, you now what I have noticed. That once I started to take care of my body and exercise and eats better food my quality of trading has been better, now I do better at trading.

And it makes sense since our trading tool is our body.

1 Like

Completely agree with you!

And what is your favourite kind of sport? What are you doing to keep fit?

I play tennis and also lift weights. How about you? What do you do to stay active?