Do you guys (traders) work out regularly?

Hell’s yes

At least five days a week:
I weight train. Power lift. Heavy bag MMA.
Keeps me sane and jacked. Being an athlete all my life I don’t just “get by”. Same goes for out of the gym and into the kitchen. It’s encompasses my way of life.

Even Socrates said…

No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a shame it is for a man to grow old without ever experiencing the beauty and strength that which his body is capable of.

I’m paraphrasing of course.

It’s never too late! My go-to motto is “Yesterday you said tomorrow.”

2 Likes

I sure hope so! :sweat_smile: I’m trying to live a bit healthier now so I’m trying to do a couple of sit-ups every now and then. :frowning: I just hope this becomes a habit so I get even just a bit of exercise every now and then. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

It’s really never too late to begin exercising. You don’t have to do big things right away, just develop the right habits. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hahaha. :smiley: I really hope so! :blush: I feel like I’ve been taking my health and body for granted so I hope I can really push through with this. :smiley: Haha. Going good so far! :slight_smile:

What really works for me though is sports or any physical activity that involves bringing friends. I feel like going to the gym by myself can get a little lonely.

@ria_rose Good luck! Just keep at it! It’s good that you’ve started. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you can also trade with friends, collective work always improves performance.

That’s true also. It’s good to constantly be talking about something you want to improve in/continue to do.

Everyday I am saying to myself that from tomorrow I have to start to work out… but somehow I am not as motivated as I want to be.

Whatever works for you.
I prefer working out by myself because when there are other people around me who I know I get distracted.

Motivation is hard problem to solve but I guess the solution is to maintain working conditions which don’t detract you. And also keep your desires in control because hanging out with friends too much or watching TV complicates learning process

1 Like

Yeah this is also why I can’t go to the gym. I find myself just talking to other people instead of working out haha.

Watching TV is the worst habit one can have if you want to keep improving yourself - especially if you spend hours doing it every day. (Although you can just replace that with being on Facebook which may be just as bad or even worse)

I keep the whiskey bottle in the kitchen - means I have to get up and do ’the walk of shame’ between drinks

Interestingly – in this whole new system of ‘emoticons’ - there is not a single one holding up a glass ! -

Sometimes - 'It’s good to be old ’ ! :smile:

If I may suggest - take a look at the 'low Carb" philosophy - cut out all the sugar / Carb rubbish and look to High fat and protein options - You NEVER feel hungry - Yet when you do overdo the ‘Carbs’ - you’ll pay for it with 2-3 hours asleep after 1 hour !

1 Like

Yes, fight back! Consistency is very important. Treat it like you treat Forex.

1 Like

Also sugar! You can’t “out-exercise” diet. You can do all the workouts you want but if you’re putting in more calories than you’re burning…

This one may work? :clinking_glasses: Cheers. Lol.

1 Like

At the end of the weekday my mind is so worked out from work and analyzing the markets that I’m demotivated to work out and if I do it’s for a short period. I try my best during the weekend, but my grey matter procrastinates a lot

Used to say the same but you really gotta make time for it - even just 15 minutes. What helped me was to think about how little that time is. 15 minutes a day for your physical and mental health is so worth it. Even just 10 burpees/jumping jacks will help.

2 Likes

Hahaha, that’s exactly my problem. I just start chatting away rather than exercising.

Hello guys! I think it is waste of time to spend time in the gym. In this matter, a quote of Zimbabwean prime minister comes into my mind that a girl wants your money more than your six packs. A trader does not have time for such kind of things. Do you agree with me?

1 Like