Do you guys (traders) work out regularly?

Being successful and being physically active go hand in hand. If one really thinks that being in the gym is a waste of time I can only imagine what you look like in your outward appearance and as a mirror reflection of your success in trading and life in general. It’s a personal volition and aesthetics are a direct result. Successful personalities take steps forward in life - literally.

Here’s a tidbit of reality, being a profitable trader has much to do with having a life style.

If you carry the ideology of girls being the drivers of physical health and financial independence then it’s clear why you are you.

1 Like

I know that if I am to become a strong trader, I’m going to need my mind and body working optimally. I started working out back in january-ish, and have gained about 6kg of muscle since.

DEFINITELY worth it. I feel so much better than I did at the start of the year. My only complaint is that I get hungrier a lot more often now that I have to maintain more tissue, so my food bill has increased.

2 Likes

Whatever you said is absolutely true, six packs are not necessary but a good health is very important for everyone and i don’t think its a wastage of time to workout for a better health.

1 Like

I think fitness is the key thing if you are a working man. I know it is a hard thing to sit in front of the computer looking for an opportunity. But, you can start your day with the jogging and push ups as well. Moreoever, I do evening walk as well across the riverside!

1 Like

Aha! A fellow talker! Nice to meet you haha.

Not everyone goes to the gym to get six packs. I think most of us just want a good workout.

Yup. It’s about having the discipline to take in short term pains (working out instead of just sitting on your butt) for long term gains (better health, better mental disposition).

But you are healthier! It’s worth it! :slight_smile:

Good for you! You get to clear your head while you walk too!

2 Likes

This makes me laugh! Good one.

How about kettlebells? Anybody into those?

i try working out whenever i can. but i go for a walk everyday.

I didn’t know that ! - Thanks :sunglasses:

In honesty tho’ it’s not that hard to acquire or make some heavy things

4 Kg

25 Kg (when full)

Again about 25 Kg each - you don’t have to fill them right up of course - but hey I always feel 25 litres is about the minumum quantity of wine to make, if you want any left to bottle !

:wink:

1 Like

There you go! You’ve already been at it!

1 Like

Then of course maybe we can consider the more “aggressive option”

2 Likes

i work out regularly. i go for running first thing in the morning and then i hit the gym.

2 Likes

I jog 4 to 5 times a week to maintain my physique and to relax my mind. I seldom go to the gym these days.

2 Likes

Good to see lots of traders here who exercise! Not only is this good for your overall well-being, but you may ward off Alzheimer’s also!

True - I’m also seeing quite a lot of pretty heavyweight opinion and studies which seem to be showing that our unnatural High Carb low fat diet, coupled with the medications to lower cholestrol are implicated in Obesity, Heart disease, and indeed the brain deterioration which causes Alztheimers and the like !

High fat, Low Carb and chuck the Statins - seem to be a way forward and also seem to be underpinning the “Mediterranean diet”

Pretty sure High intensity excercise is good for teh mental state as well !

2 Likes

Ooh I haven’t read that study on statins yet! Will have to look that one up!

We should invest in good dental health, good food, gym, a great chair and a good desk.

I like that you specified dental health - not many people give importance to that but it’s serious business.

I am a sportsman as I love to play cricket every evening. That is my ultimate workout. I think if you are a sportsman then you do not need to visit gym as your game is your perfect exercise. Do you agree with me in this regard?

For sure. But it depends on the sport. If it’s golf…you’ll still probably need to hit the gym.

i play tennis with my friends on weekends. that’s all the exercise i do.

1 Like