Do you guys (traders) work out regularly?

Yes exercise i believe helps clear the “cobwebs from the mind” i have always been a walker ,cyclist and because the negative aspects of Covid, i started playing tennis, intense cardio and dumbbell exercises

Yes, working out has really helped me to stay disciplined and trade with more concentration. Along with this, I prefer to engage in some mental activity such as meditation.

1 Like

It’s also probably a good idea to exercise regularly since trading requires a pretty sedentary lifestyle.

Now that the pandemic has abated a little - for now at least - I am definitely working out more than before.

I sure do .
I do moderate reps with moderate to heavy weights for me 3 times a week .
I brisk walk/jog 3 times also then on Sunday eat a big dinner and lye on the couch lol

1 Like

I still don’t feel quite ready to visit a gym, so I exercise on my own at home or I jog around the neighbourhood when I have the time.

Trading can be a stressful job, especially when you do it full-time. To overcome the stress, I regularly work out and do some meditation.

2 Likes

Now meditation is something I should pursue.
I listen to ASMR vids on YouTube if your familiar with those? I find them quite relaxing I highly recommend them

Yeah, sitting near the monitor for days and nights is an extremely harmful experience. Earlier I was used to pursuing a very unhealthy lifestyle. Fortunately, I timely realized bad consequences and even faced some of them and I had to devote more time to physical training.
Sports really helped and now I feel better. I’m used to running 5-6 miles about two times a week and that’s enough. Besides this I regularly do push-ups and pull-ups.

2 Likes

Right now, I’m not focusing on my body. I used to workout a lot, so I understand how to maintain my body.

At this point in time, I need to focus on my mind. I will stretch from time to time, just to open up my hip flexors. Sitting a lot will make your hips and legs tighten up a lot.

I’ve been running since 2017 and its become second nature for me, i’m a long distance runner and I run 5-10km on weekdays (because of time) and I go all out on weekends :sweat_smile:

I do other exercises but before Christmas I took up swimming,it has become abit of an obsession now, as I add more lengths every time, I’ve got to 200 legnths 3:15 miles .Though I’m leaving at that for a while and just do less, until I might attempt 220

1 Like

How do you feel after a workout like that? It sounds a bit new for you. Is it different from other workouts you’ve done?

I don’t do it all together maybe 80 ,60,60 with breaks in the suana/ steam room.Regarding swimming I have reduced it abit and done some spinning (bikes) aswell so boredom dosent set in.

A feeling of wellbeing (high) really, swimming helps me sleep, unlike other exercises don’t know why.

1 Like