Do you guys (traders) work out regularly?

In case you guys need more motivation to start working out…

Instead, the muscles of the older exercisers resembled those of the young people, with as many capillaries and enzymes as theirs, and far more than in the muscles of the sedentary elderly.

There’s some truth inthat @purtle - our dog died a year ago and I feel very much physically downgraded.

Take heed thou older people !

Here you go young un’ ;

LIES !

Hahaha! :smiley: I’ve been reading articles like this to try and motivate myself to work out more. :stuck_out_tongue: Ugh. It’s still really a challenge. :confused: Whenever I try to work out, I end up eating so much too. :sweat_smile:

The reason for that is that your body manufactures 80% to 90% of your cholesterol.
Really, very little of it comes from the diet. Most people seem to have a genetically
preset level for the cholesterol in their body, maybe in a range. But they’re generally
going to seek to stay within that range. So, if somebody cuts all the cholesterol out of
their diet, their body will simply start making a little bit more to bring it back up into the
range.

But sugar. Sugar is really the fall when it comes to cardiovascular disease. You see,
we’ve placed all this emphasis on cholesterol, we’ve taken it off sugar, and that’s the
problem. Then you’re getting more insulin responses, and we know that insulin is the
number one indicator for inducing what we call inflammation of blood vessels.

Hmmmmm! And this video was released way before the popularity of the keto diet. Are you on one, too @Falstaff?

Hey that’s still a good start. Just keep at it and ignore your eating and then once it’s become a habit, then you can tackle the eating part!

So sorry to hear about your pupper btw. How old was he/she?

I like good food with or without the workout, I admit. :sweat_smile:

I definitely work out when I’m not looking at the charts or participating in other nefarious activities.
I’ve noticed lately after I’m done trading I drive a couple of hours at random and end up eating a weird & cool little places.

I’m intrigued!

Cannabis is being blazed at higher speeds when I feel like reading something.

Sweet. Not experienced in this department so I’d have to ask, wouldn’t that make it harder to absorb what you’re reading?

Nah mate not for me.
I can fully understand & absorb what I’m reading. It doesn’t make me lose focus or throw me off if anything it gives me a creative perspective as well.

I can see it making folks more creative for sure but reading stuff and absorbing it like those ADHD drugs or Provigil was something I didn’t think it can do! Very interesting.

Yeah for sure…

But every drug hits everyone differently so what I might experience the next individual might not.

As any beginner trader, I used to stay all day in front of my computer. I would compulsively eat, which led me to be overweight. I was obsessed with the market's fluctuation, so that I couldn't detach myself from that chair. It took me a long time to realize that I have to pay more attention to my health. Therefore, seeing this post makes me appreciate your initiative and preoccupation with physical health. Also, exercising is good for the mind too! I now work out daily. I take supplements from https://rats.army/product/mk-2866-ostarine/, which helps my damaged muscles restore and maintain my endurance. You should make time for at least 1 hour of the gym!

I can’t go to the gym because I never have a sitter for my 3 kids (husband works and is too tired after he comes home) but I did buy an exercise bike and am looking to buy a treadmill to workout at home. The good thing about that is not having to actually go out to work out and that I can do it early before my kids wake up, during their naps, or after they go to bed. Hopefully I’ll be able to go to the real gym once they’re all in school.

1 Like

I haven’t been to a gym since the start of the pandemic. I try to work out at home and jog around the neighbourhood semi-regularly though.

1 Like

Taking some rest from the screens is a good idea, but it’s not mandatory. People who work out regularly have an advantage in terms of discipline, focus, and stress management.

I think any regular hobby helps develop those. You could be working out, playing chess, cooking, etc. The idea is to learn how to do something on a regular basis.

Working out definitely works for me. It releases both my mental and physical stress after a whole day of trading.