Do you have any forex superstitions?

@dushimes, I would have to agree. HAHAHAHA :stuck_out_tongue: Give the people what they want!

Happy Chinese New Year to you all! I donā€™t really believe in superstitions.

I believe that superstitions are a waste of time and effort. The main focus of traders should be to work on their common mistakes and bring consistency to profit making. Everything else including losses will be taken care of while you learn and trade effectively.

No thankfully and not looking to start one

No, I donā€™t believe in the concept of superstitions and feel that it is just an excuse used by traders to hide their incompetence. Everything in the forex market is controlled and backed by well-researched concepts and strategies.

Exactly!
Superstitions are not gonna bring profits.

Yes, my forex superstition is that I donā€™t discuss my trades until and unless it is complete and closed in order to avoid all sorts of jinx.

1 Like

And to avoid accusations of being a pump and dump agent :wink:

2 Likes

What if I wear a silk red suit while trading CNH?

2 Likes

I associate red with selling, so itā€™s not really negative to me.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. :sweat_smile: Lots of people have been victim to this so better to be safe and not jinx. :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s only bad luck if you donā€™t post your pic wearing this on the forums. :joy:

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting! :smiley: Haha. Iā€™ve always looked at it as being associated to decline so Iā€™ve never really considered this perspective. :sweat_smile:

True buddy! I have experienced this many times.

2 Likes

My MT4 has a big red button for selling (and a big blue button for buying), so thatā€™s the immediate association for me.

Haha,
In project management we use RED to indicate that something has become undone, or is off the rails, and blue to indicate that something is ā€œFinished, or Completedā€. So psychologically, to me that would mean RED - you are in trouble, so sell to get out of trouble. And BLUE would mean - this one is already finished. Is that psychology from the MT4 broker saying ā€œwhether you want to press red or blue, you will loseā€?

1 Like

I donā€™t believe in all the Forex superstitions because these all result in nothing. For better output, a traders should study, study, and study. Te synopsis that he learns from his study should be applied to the market to check whether it is okay or not.

1 Like

Everyone knows that although trading is an analysis based system, traders are pretty superstitious people. The element of luck still has its place in the market. What superstitions do traders follow in their market adventures - black cats? Spilled coffee? red clothes? Letā€™s find out and try to explain the unexplainable!

1 Like

I too donā€™t believe in any superstitions. I donā€™t get why people are into it? Not only trading but in other fields too hard work is the key to success and there are no shortcuts for that. Only those who work hard succeed.

1 Like

So whenever I win 2 trades consistently, I fail the next one. And it has always happened. Can anyone relate?