Do you have any forex superstitions?

Some people believe in the new moon and full moon theory. According to them, a full moon is very bad for the trading market, whereas a new moon is the best period to trade.

I believe in no superstition because as long as you donā€™t sufficient knowledge on trading, no one can give you profit. Mental imbalance works as a bar to the way of earning profit. So, before descending on trading, make your mindset in a way that doesnā€™t inspire to take high risk.

Iā€™m the same. I donā€™t really have any superstitious related to forex.

One thing Iā€™ve adopted is a little Teddy my daughter got me for my birthday I like to have it on my work/trading desk.
I now release if its missing Iā€™m going to think something is wrong lol

Superstition? whatā€™s that? Trading psychology isnā€™t enough to mess with our heads.

Nah! Overthinking eats you, especially when you are a trader.

Ooooh. :open_mouth: Interesting! Haha. :smiley: Did telling others about your good trades sort of made them lose?

Ahhhh. That makes sense! :blush: Hahaha. Very logical perspective. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nah not like thatā€¦but whenever I do this, my trades kinda get bad. Donā€™t know if itā€™s just in my mind or it really happens. :grinning:

1 Like

Do you guys really believe wearing red while trading will affect your trade?

Maybe one of the people you share your success is secretly wishing for your failure. :sweat_smile: Hahaha! I hope not though!

1 Like

Hahaha! :smiley: I mean, I feel like at this point, the superstitions here are not really used by these traders to determine the results of their trades. Itā€™s more like a compilation of quirky things we avoid or follow. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Superstitions among traders grow when they try hard and soul but canā€™t succeed from Forex trading. So, traders should grow their knowledge in a way that no wrong thought can make space in their minds. Traders should think about every single mistake because it gives them a basic knowledge over trading.

1 Like

I just heard a new yesterday!

Donā€™t trade when your black cat crossed over the keyboard! Bad rap!

but I wonder how long I have to wait for it then 24 hrs, what if I have open positions! :grinning:

1 Like

On the same basis as it is common to use 2 X ATR(14) as an amount risked, where (14) is the time period you are trading, then just wait two full time periods before you re-enter. At least if anyone asks you what your trading plan is, you can confidently say ā€œblack cat walks across keyboard, stay out of market for 2 x candlesticksā€

I donā€™t have any superstitions as of now but my friend who recently started trading, has this belief that trading at 3 am brings more wins. He got his first ever win at that time so now he sets an alarm at 3 am, just to wake up and trade. I find it quite amusing.

I know there is no link between forex trading and superstitions but whenever I wear black, I lose money. :roll_eyes: :pleading_face:

I donā€™t believe in any forex superstitions and I believe no one should. There is no relation between forex trading and superstitions.

1 Like

Hi,
You have never experienced paranoia then. Did you know that just because you are not paranoid, it doesnā€™t mean they are not all out to get you? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I refuse to trade if I have been having a bad day. To me, itā€™s a sign that something will go wrong, and I take my omens very seriously, lol. In general, aside from this, I also refuse to trade after midnight. Itā€™s not meant to be if I still havenā€™t secured a win by then.

1 Like