Do you have any forex superstitions?

That’s okay! Better to follow your gut.

i used to trade only short ,because i meet less obstacles with that

That sounds reasonable! :blush: Hahaha! All the emotions you’ve felt throughout the day could also somehow get in the way of your trading, so better to keep the trading for the next day! :blush:

1 Like

Ooooh. :open_mouth: That’s interesting! :open_mouth: When did you start doing this and how has it been for you so far? :blush:

in my experience,once the short trade break through last support ,it will
1.move more pips at the first wave than long trade does(more profit)
2.less retrace and test your resistance again comparing to long trade(less SL)
3.a smooth ,textbook style uptrend is rare.

these are my observations from pass ,i don’t apply them anymore ,hope someone would find it useful to their system.

1 Like

Mate, the superstition i have that i will never be able to give up is to treat myself to a little something after a large profit. Nothing makes me feel better.

2 Likes

Ooooh. :thinking: So I think this is more of a chart reading rather than a superstition! :smiley: Haha. After all, somehow, there’s a science or logic behind it. :smiley: Why don’t you apply this anymore?

I love that surperstition. :stuck_out_tongue: Haha. Time to incorporate that in my own trading habits! :blush:

because i don’t trust my feeling and reading anymore ,i need something more physically reliable

Oooh. :open_mouth: By physically reliable, do you mean something more mechanical? :smiley: That makes sense! Not involving feelings or emotions really makes trading more efficient.

1 Like

When everything falls out of hand (including losing trades one after another) then you can blame the cat that ran across the street a year ago, or the granny with an empty bucket outside the window, or anyone else. Man just likes to blame someone for his failures. When the profits come in hand, we do not pay attention to superstition. Well agree with me)
Common sense will help get rid of superstitious fears: if it seems some events are connected in some incomprehensible way to other events, then it is worth thinking that quite a few times in similar circumstances nothing has happened. If you think about it and think back, your fears will dissipate and you can free yourself from this “slavery”.

Does this forex superstition really works or we should go by our learning and logic? Any thoughts on this.

No, I have no superstitions; I simply believe in hard work.

No, I don’t have any forex superstitions. I don’t believe they have anything to do with forex. When I was a beginner I used to start trading by seeing my mom’s face but now she stays in another city and I don’t see her frequently. I still make profits and losses irrespective of me seeing her. So yeah, I don’t believe in any superstitions.

Well, I believe the new moon is a new beginning, it is the indication of a start, and the full moon is a sign of more positive, and brighter days. Yes, I know superstitions are not true, so I give my level best in analysing the market and making successful trading decisions. Also, have you heard the term 11:11 being an ‘angel number’. Coincidentally, I happen to see 11:11 a lot of times which I see as a positive sign.

Oh yeaaah! :smiley: I know about these angel numbers too since I’ve been quite curious about astrology and such for a while! :blush: I actually also find myself making a wish whenever I see that it’s already 11:11. :sweat_smile: Hahaha. Maybe I’d wish for a profitable week!

Nope, I do not have any superstition as such. Initially I used to believe in some bad omens like tripping over something, or sneezing suddenly, as a sign that my trade will not execute properly. But then I stopped believing in them. Because I noticed that believing in such superstitions made me unconsciously accept the fact that I am going to lose, which is why I wouldn’t give my 100%.

I just don’t trade after a loss or a huge win. Sometimes I feel it’s confirmed to face a loss after these two trades.

1 Like

Actually my family is very superstitious, especially my mom. I usually tell her about my trading; however she doesn’t understand that much. But she knows that real money is involved and I can lose them when I commit any mistake. So she always advised me to trade by wearing a white thread on my hand. I know it has no effect and is a waste of time but only to make her happy I do whatever she says.

1 Like

Awww. :blush: This was kinda sweet tbh. :stuck_out_tongue: Haha. :smiley: It’s the first time I’ve heard of this superstition before, but do you know the reasoning or like the background to this? :thinking: