Do you know about market structure?

Hello fellow traders and learners.

I would like to ask you if you know about the concept derived from Support/Resistance applied to highs and lows called market structure.
I have been using a strategy I’ve built on this concept alone and have had good results so far.

The concept rejects indicators and focuses on price action alone.

I hope to hear from you

Use the search engine. There are a lot of those info you are looking for in the forum .

Thanks for the answer.
To be honest i hoped to find traders that use market structure for their trades. I know what a market structure is :slight_smile:

I have been trading on pure price action with no indicators for years, focusing on support and resistance levels for my entries and profit taking, but have never heard it referred too as market structure, maybe you can give us some examples, what you are calling market structure might have a more common name used by others reading this thread

Nice Dennis,

Yes, pure price action reading is very powerfull.
I preach [B]KISAKOOI[/B], Keep It Simple And Keep Out Of Indicators because they derive from the price and show nothing more that you can already see on a chart.

As for structure here are 5 videos describing what a structure is for me.
Please do not share outside this forum, I am not done with the videos yet.

Market Structure: YouTube
Market Structure applied to charts: YouTube
Reading Trends with market structure part 1: YouTube
Reading Trends with market structure part 2: YouTube
Reading Trends with market structure part 3: YouTube

Seems one needs a password to access these?

Sorry it was set to private.
It is public now.

Thanks, I’ll take a look over the weekend! :slight_smile:

Very interesting videos, Ill be looking forward to more hopefully, its a different approach but i find it easier to understand. will this be free?

Yes jingoy. Those will be free. I have about 31 videos like that.
I will post them in the strategy section when I’m done with them.
I just want to build a website to kinda centralize this approach. It’s not about a strategy to be honest it’s more about building yourself one based on those powerful concepts.

By the way thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“vagaev;758582”] Yes jingoy. Those will be free. I have about 31 videos like that. I will post them in the strategy section when I’m done with them. I just want to build a website to kinda centralize this approach. It’s not about a strategy to be honest it’s more about building yourself one based on those powerful concepts. By the way thanks for the feedback :)[/QUOTE]

Check out Tim Morge. Doing this for years.

A Student’s Crude Trade - YouTube

Hmm not really. this guy is looking to enter at retest of the structure while my thing is based on entering at retest of the broken structure, mostly following the trend. However it’s difficult to know because i have just shared some videos on market analysis, not on market behaviors that I want to empahsize.

Anyway thanks for the link, it was interesting :slight_smile:

What you call market structure, I think most of us would refer to as consolidation or range, these are very common in trends. After a move, price consolidates into a trading range before moving to a new Hi or low in the direction of the trend, the breakout point then becomes support for the next consolidation. It’s all good stuff and I like your videos

Oh I see what you mean!
No, not really.

In fact for me lows and highs ARE the structure. A consolidation is a typical form of a structure.
I usually use 4 forms of structure for my trading.

Here is the most common form I use. I hope you will get what I am talking about :slight_smile:

[video]https://youtu.be/-TcCAI0VJhY[/video]

Vagaev thanks a lot! Your videos just allowed me to bring theory under my experience, my strategy has always been using something resembling your “structure” and now I’m able to see the full picture and hopefully improve my trading :slight_smile:

As a price action trader, i dont have a system but i have method to trade with market. There is no right or wrong way to trade with market. But There are millions ways to trade with market. :slight_smile:

Yes there are many ways to learning forex structure, price action also as one system trading that will profitable and simple to do if we can understand and have spent time learning structure market with this type analysis, I am also like with naked chart and price action

Hem… Are you talking about mark down to accumulation to mark up and finally distribution. The wyckoff theory ?

Hi vagaev,

Thanks for your good work. For me the videos are very slow and very basic. Looking forward where you are bringing us to

Thanks for the feedback FXBalance!

It is always nice to see that someone can get value from what I want to teach :slight_smile:
Believe me structure is the best thing, I have literally tried all the possible strategies. Structure trading has the best Risk Reward and probabilities.
I hope that you will get an even better picture once I will be done with my videos, I still have a bunch of them to do.