Do you know anyone personally who has gotten rich from forex?

looking at your myfxbook just motivates me to keep pushing! Seeing your profits from the very beginning to now is truly amazing

1 Like

your stats look amazing!
do you mind sharing your trading strategy/plan with us ?

2 Likes

Wow that is succesful.
Would you recommend MyFxbook?

People tend to focus too much on the $ side of trading and too much focus on this will ultimately lead to failure. I prefer to view profit & $ as purely a bi-product of consistency of a competent trader.

3 Likes

Please is fxbook a broker ?

see here the reply:
https://forums.babypips.com/t/fxbook-stats/201261?source_topic_id=199134

No disrespect but that is not feasible. It is possible to make a great living trading forex but if anyone guarantees you can make $1,000 per day they are just selling you a dream. I have seen various posts about anywhere from 85-90% of traders fail. The market makers who actually move the forex market make profits off of people who think they can make $1,000 per day. I agree with Krugman… what size account is your mentor trading with to get this amount on a daily basis? what is their max drawdown? risk management? Leverage? etc. I hope new traders don’t get blinded by the Lambos and Rolexes that are flashed on the internet. Consistent performance, proper mindset i.e. psychology, that will get you to becoming Profitable… not necessarily a millionaire.

1 Like

The only way to get rich in the market is having larg amounts of money to trade with or already rich. In the stock market i turn $20,000 into a lil over $340k in 6 months 2 years ago, i compounded the earnings, but if i tried that again i would never be able to copy it 3 major trades helped me get that far other then that it took me 3 month just to hit the 50k mark but once you have that money comes easy then well in my experience, for the fx market ( in my opinion ) i trade fairly safe and i make about 1% per trade minimum and i do a few trades per day, i trade stocks, fx and futres i own a small scale asset management company ( hedge fund ) and what i have seen is if you want to make $1 million you need to invest atleast that amount or double

2 Likes

Yes, me :slight_smile: but it took me 3 years of learning and losing money before becoming consistently profitable…

3 Likes

Not rich but did make some $$ from Forex over the years. myfxbook search for thefxstrategist :slight_smile:

Someone whose finances obviously improved because of fx.

Do you know how long it took them before getting to where they are now?

Wow! He’s only been trading for two years. I hope we all get to that point as quickly.

1 Like

Hi Please note 2 facts.
1 he had other income in the begining
2 it took several years and it’s a grind

may be its a Forex Forum , not sounds as a broker , you can looking for in FPA

I’ve been following this conversation and I agree with Krugman25. Traders can be dishonest with unreasonable claims to grow followers or scan people out of money. For beginners, Forex can be alot harder than it may seem, because of all of the moving parts.
To claim that you can verify your trades is completely bogus.
You can always screen shot:

1. ongoing trade activities
  2. Orders and entries on a chart etc. I.E. verification.

it’s all about how much effort you put into learning. He spent every single day on the charts, constantly learning, which is why he’s so good now. That’s where I’m going to be at soon

1 Like

I don’t know anyone who got rich trading forex. But then again I have no friends…

5 Likes

If you mean ‘rich’ as in minimal wealth to multi millionaire then no. If you mean rich as in comfortable enough to have financial freedom through trading then that would be a different answer.

Yes of course, the one who introduced me to forex has made it in the market. Not like he is stinky rich but he is well to do. He is actually my mentor.