Do you talk about your trading losses to anyone?

That’s a good way to go about it. :blush: But sometimes, it also helps to see what other people think! So if you ever want to talk about your trades with other traders, we’ll just be here. :smiley: Haha. If you don’t mind, how long have you been trading? :smiley:

That makes sense! :smiley: Hahaha. I feel like people do have their own opinions so it really matters who you share your trading losses with. :open_mouth: I guess for me, when I used to have an active trading journal here, I appreciated it when other traders also chimed in and said what they would have done and stuff. :sweat_smile: But definitely understandable!

Thank you! Me too. How has your own trading been going?

1 Like

Hi @ria_rose,

Always good to hear from you. DeFi Gaming, and Liquidity Pair “investment” are somewhat frustrating and take a lot of time to realize what is what. I know the fiat value (or more to the point, the BTC value) of our initial investment so I can tell you that at peak (10Jan22) we were up 126% on this joint Jewel / ONE investment and yesterday at close of month we are about 15% down. That is a huge excursion. That is not accounting for the airdrops which are due after my decision to not extract any Fiat along the way since starting 19Nov21. You are right, it could be worse - we could have bought in at $22. I am tracking weekly “income” from hero quests, and last week it was just a little over the $100 equivalent. A lot of work for $100. But then I calculated that at $22 per Jewel, that would have been over $400 for the week. A lot of variables, but I am in this for the longer term. The great thing is that our overall portfolio is still more than 3X our initial investment of 21 months ago, despite the overall market cap being down to $1.9 billion from $3.1 billion peak. Timing is everything. We just got in at the right time, did not exceed our intended % allocation to Crypto and will probably retain the initial overall exposure. Overall I am very excited about the prospects of all things Crypto, including the probability that I may be able to consult in this field, and I have longer term aspirations to create a crypto currency. Just need to learn more detail about marketing, blockchain architecture, get an original USP (not hard) and get stuck in. So if you see any blurb about “the MONDEO” you will know who created it, so run a mile the other way :crazy_face:

Well, are you using any active trading journal, currently? I’m really curious to know!

I would say I’m at the “okay” range. :sweat_smile: Not too great, but not too bad either. Haha. :smiley: I’ve been opening less trades because of the recent events and I’ve also been more busy with expanding my crypto portfolio. :sweat_smile: But I guess as everything slowly comes back to normal and with my portfolio looking better, I hope to open more trades in the coming weeks! :blush:

Yeah! :blush: Since you’re in it for the longer term, I’m confident that you’d continue to profit from it. And it’s great that your overall portfolio’s doing well! :smiley: I feel like you’ve been busy, especially with crypto lately, so I hope you still take the occasional breaks!

OMG HAHAHA I am definitely excited for this. :stuck_out_tongue: It may 3-5 years from now, but I hope you push through with it so I can also tell my friends how I’m friends with the developer/ creator of MONDEO. :stuck_out_tongue: :joy:

Yes, I do refer to my mentor from time to time about my trading performance for getting an unbiased and honest reality check about my skills. This helps me to keep putting efforts towards betterment and maintain my long-term vision.

Definitely not the missus!

1 Like

Not the bit on the side either…

Yeah I am in a very small group with 5 friends who trade in a similar way and we discuss ideas and trades we have taken. Helps socially as well as trading can be lonely. Very easy to get inside your own head and swim around in your thoughts. Good to get that out and reset with people who can be brutal with you and not just appease you. Accountability partners are a great idea in my opinion.

2 Likes

Even I talk about my losses with my trader friends.

1 Like

Yes ofcourse, even i do sometimes. always ended up having a pep talk session with them.

1 Like

Talking about losses can keep you grounded. Hell I wrote a few blog posts about how crap I was at trading.

If you can admit to others when u lose, it’s actually a sign of trading maturity because it means you don’t have ego wrapped up in your results.

2 Likes

I talk to my mentors, team and partner. My plan is to learn from those loses and getting a second opinion on what I could have done better helps.

1 Like

I talk to my friends are who are into trading since long with same thoughts in my mind

@twithjam

Dont assume that because you have a loss, that you did something wrong.

This is a mistake many newcomers make.

You may have done everything correctly and the trade was still a loser. Or, you could have done everything wrong and made money.

This is one of the conundrums in trading.

Concentrate on perfect execution, not winners or losers.

3 Likes

Talking about my loses brought me here in the first place. I spoke with a friend about the difficulties I was having in the market, he told me to come to babypips saying I would learn a lot from here. He also mentioned that whatever broker I decide to register with should have good educational resources and of course he recommended the one he was using, forexchief. And honestly I have learned a great deal from them, especially from their “library” resources.
The lesson is; never keep quiet. True, you don’t just tell every random person about your loses, but there should be someone you can talk to who can help.

1 Like

Always the missus. She made the joint decision with me about how much to invest in Forex (and every venture we have been involved in), so it’s her gain or loss too. She has not really followed any of our other ventures closely, but since I put a link to Coingecko on her Apple phone, and she has a CRO top up card that we use for almost all our purchases, she has come to follow crypto very closely, and we often talk about long term, medium term and short term crypto opportunities. She never did that about Forex trading, despite moving up to $1M per year until recently in her (goods) trading business in the Middle East. She knew what a good mid-market rate was and used to argue over the last $10 of broker commission on trades of a few $'000s. :wink:

2 Likes

tbf your missus seems more clued up than mine lol

1 Like