Do you talk about your trading losses to anyone?

Yes, why not? Losing money is not a crime, it is just a process of trading. It is clear that if you are trading you may make a profit or loss, so why hesitate to tell someone about your losses. There is also a possibility that if you share your bad experience with someone, he or she may suggest you a game-changing trick that will change your losses into profits.

1 Like

No, talking about losses invites depression in a trader. So, traders should forget whatever happens. This is the right approach to retain motivation about trading for a longer time in a trader.

We will need to learn from our losses into the markets so that we are able to control them.

Yeah, it’s better that. It should be like consulting other sources for help not depending solely on someone else for trades.

I better talk to strangers on social platforms than discussing with someone familiar.

I think it is absolutely okay to talk about your trading losses. We must understand that gains and losses are part of trading. What matters the most is your knowledge about trading.

Honestly, I don’t think there is anything to talk about losses. What is more important is analysing them and seeing what you must do the next time so that you don’t make a loss because of the same reason.

Profits and Losses go hand in hand. Don’t always talk about just one side of the trading. It is pretty healthy to share your losses as well. After a losing streak, start small and don’t jump right back to the same position size you were trading before. On the first day, trade a small position size. A winning day with a small position size will help build confidence, and you can increase your position size the next day.

Hi, thank you for help

Hence why we’re all here :joy:

Yes, I’m not just talking about trading losses; I’m also talking about trading winnings. So that others might learn from it and examine it

This makes sense. :open_mouth: I guess it also puts even more unnecessary shame to losing.

I went through something like this also! :sweat_smile: Hahaha. When I first got here, it seemed like people were all just so successful and it made me so ashamed of my losing trades. :sweat_smile: But eventually also, once I got to know the market and the community, I realized that we all have our own losses anyway so there’s no need to be ashamed of a loss every now and then! :blush:

Definitely not! :smiley: Otherwise, I’d be spending my lifetime in jail. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes! I talk about them to myself. I have a separate notebook for my trades, which I use to do weekly and monthly analysis. When I can’t wrap my head around it, I talk with a few fellow traders.

Just with a few people. I think it is highly important to get it out of your system, otherwise it weighs you down and affects your future decisions you make when it comes to trading.

It’s something I keep to myself.
However, I save some notes and take the time to fully understand them in order to avoid making the same mistakes in the future.

Totally agree, that’s one reason many of us are on here to seek advise and get suggestions. We need each other in the market either directly or indirectly.

It is really hard to talk about losses and remain suppressed. But the more these are suppressed it becomes heavy and then it starts affecting trades.

Personally I don’t like talking about my losses in trading with anyone. But yes I learn from my mistakes and try not to repeat them.