Do you think you'd still be trading even when you're 70? šŸ‘µ

At 70, you can trade if you are phisically and mentally fine and you can give time to trade . But also you can trade at 70 only for chil and bring you fresh.

Iā€™m almost 60 and now learning to trade so guess I should be a fairly good trader long before 70 and I would want to continue. Excellent for the brain and the $$ are always welcome. Thanks to the babypips team for their commendable educational resources.

1 Like

At age 67 I did not know what a pip was, studied at the School of Pipsology, then kept gathering more info and paper trading fo about a year. Turning 69 in a couple of weeks and I certainly hope to be a good trader in my 70s. I very much embrace the new challenge and as @Xocai02E says itā€™s great to keep the brain active at that age. Also, like @castlemouse I want to do my think from anywhere.

3 Likes

It is good to know that there are traders with aspirations to continue operating at that long-lived age. That is to say: I am not alone. I am 77 and just a couple of years ago I started at this school. I really feel satisfied. Kind regards to the entire forum and a big hug to the old folks who, like me, are still determined to live

4 Likes

I have always said no matter how much money I make I will awlays trade as long as there is something to trade

1 Like

Iā€™ll still be trading, but not manually, because I would have developed my winning trading system into an algorithm that trades for meā€¦

Honestly, i strongly agree with you! thatā€™s exactly what i want to do also. i will also be mentoring newbiesā€¦!

Why not? To pass time and make some pocket money if possible.

I think adults with all their faculties intact can trade at any age.

This is only for the over 60s.

Why do pensioners ALWAYS set a stop loss and a take profit on their trades?
Because if they donā€™t they go to sleep watching the price action and blow their accounts.

1 Like

If iā€™m good, probably yes.
Why not? No amount of money will ever be enough for anyoneā€¦
Iā€™m an ordinary mortal beingā€¦

I have been learning about trading for the last 2 years since I retired at age 65, it keeps my mind active and once I go into live trading the extra income will allow a better lifestyle than what surviving on a pension does. So I hope I can trade until it is no longer mentally or physically possible, age should not be a barrier.

The first question that appeared in my mind is: will I still be here at 70? If I am, I hope I would keep trading. When traveling is not possible, gardening and trading are the best things to keep your brain active, what do you think? :smiley: Another idea is to teach your grandkids how to trade and share the secrets with them!

That is awesome! I for sure want to still be learning new things in my 70s! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also, wow didnā€™t realize we had so many septuagenarians here! :clap:

1 Like

I know, right? Itā€™s so good to see people learning at all ages!

1 Like

Hi,
About ten years ago I wanted to know for how long I would have to support myself and family until I passed away. I browsed for a table of actuarial stuff that those pension insurers use to make sure they never pay out too much. Combining the actuarial tables with the Pareto principal or the 80/20 rule, I have an 80% chance of dying before the age of 91, so 91 be it.

I then realistically thought that I would work or partially work until 71 years old (that is a moving target) and so came up with a 20 year lifespan without any income for which I would need to self-support. And I have always made one assumption since I were 16 years old and that was ā€œby the time I retire, the State will not have any money to pay me as a pension despite promises for the past 70 yearsā€. So the lump sum I may have at 71 years would need to last the next 20 years, or each year could use up a maximum of 5% of that lump sum. So if it is Ā£1M I can afford to spend Ā£50K per year. If it is Ā£500K, I can afford to spend Ā£25K etc.

That answered a question I had had for the previous 20 years and that was ā€œhow much is enough?ā€. So I tell my two sons that the bigger the gap between Ā£1M net equity and the actual sum I have at 70 years old, the more it is going to cost them to look after me. Hasnā€™t had any impact on their planning so far, but I am sure it is slowly dawning on themā€¦

1 Like

I still want to be productive after retiring and I think trading is perfect to keep the mind working.

How old are they? Takes a while before adults realize the reality of dealing with aging parents. Theyā€™re extremely lucky youā€™ve thought this part through.

Too old to not be self sufficient - 28 and 22

The 22 one can stiiiillll be excused, maybe. The 28 one, thatā€™s a bit tough. :cold_face: