Easy 5 minute Trading

long usd/chf - favorable
short aud/usd - favorable
short aud/cad - neither, fib too small
long usd/cad - neither
short gbp/usd - neither

i have two pending orders at.present on the daily chart:

GBP/USD and USD/CAD

Yes, I am running v24 :slight_smile: Also im not talking about like small errors in the placing of trades, im talking about pending trades not deleting, ‘trade context is busy’, everytime I open and close mt4, the orders that it should of placed the first time are being added in by 1 or 2 each time I open and close, etc etc.

and about your hedging suggestion, thats not whats going on. Dun worrrryyyyy :slight_smile:

40 fib size?

Not good. And confusing. Re: context busy, I addes the code for context busy to the "deleting trades " scenaroi in mine, but can’t remember if i uploaded. Anyone remember me saying I added it? If so, you should not be getting those errors. And why you’re getting them back when you reload, even more confusing. Although, I see I"m getting it on trade modification:
2012.09.24 14:00:03 ‘1117’: modification of pending order #2987654 sell stop 393.28 AUDUSDnc at 1.03555 sl: 1.04520 tp: 1.00330 -> price: 1.03783 sl: 1.04397 tp: 1.01733 failed [Trade context is busy]
so I’ll have to add protection to the trade modification code as well. Man, what a pain in the butt. Why can’t MT4 get it together. Standard practice… find someone else to blame.

yep :slight_smile: 40 fib size

It seems to me from demoing it for 3 weeks already that eventually you will loose all of your profits if one of these just hit your s/l. You have to remember that most of the time you don’t even get a 1:1 ratio on the first order, on the second order you might get a little over 1 but not much and that is why if the market just turns around and puts you out, it is a big loss when you get 2 orders getting knocked out at the same time. SL is just too big and yet you need it to be big or else yo might be put out right away. It may be simple but very risky indeed! It is also against ICT entry philosophy (entries should be done on retracements when price is going away from your intended target. I’m not saying that you can’t have successful trades using this system, it just rips you of all your profits when it goes against you. It has to be improve on the entry, on the S/L and when not to trade at all or else I think you ain’t going to be too successful with this, unless you have all kinds of cash to trade every pair but most of us don’t have that! Much improvement needed!

Please if you are going to quote all that, read the rest of the thread. There has been almost 40 pages since that post.

Yep, it goes against everything I’ve learned really. We’re essentially chasing price.

Understand that! Yes there are over 40 pages which is quite a bit for someone with limited time like me to read and look for updates. If the system has been update so lets update it on the first page, on post 82 on page 41 I found some updates which I will try but then again should be updated on original page.

original poster has been gone for awhile. page 9 is probably best start

I agree, that with trailing stop systems or the divided takeprofits at point 1, 2 etc are hard to make money, because like you said, the stoploss is full impact everytime, and profits are fractional. This EA has settings to turnoff the trailing stop and wait for full takeprofit. But it’s net loss using this.

A truely rugged system has fixed stoploss and takeprofit, with takeprofit a larger amount than stop, and obviously, it has to have good entry methodology, to give better than 50:50 success.

As far as entry methodology always having to be while you’re moving away from the target, I don’t think that is a given, since I’ve made a bunch of EA’s using that, and there’s no guarantee the price will turn around and take you to profit. It is just as likely to keep going against you.

So, whatever it is, if you can find an entry method that give >50:50 success of 2:1 tp:vs sl, your search is over. And if so, please make a note of it here :wink:

I was doing it manually, I haven’t used the EA! Should I accept the default settings of the ea if not what settings did you have success with so far? What does the 40 fib size do?

long usd/chf - favorable, fib too small
short aud/cad - neither, fib too small
long usd/cad - neither, fib too small
short gbp/usd - neither, fib too small

still in aud/usd from earlier, i forgot to open my charts for price alerts when i rebooted and missed the alert to move sl to 318. I have sl at BE now and tp at .318

Edit: It just closed out at the 1.318 for .22% return…

I started using the EA today, it placed an entry in every pair that I run it, AUD/USD got filled but it closed it with only 9 pips profit. Does this have some kind of protective stop in case the price retraces after being in profit?

Another thing the entry order on the AUD/NZD didn’t get filled put it wasn’t canceled either and now I see fibs in green and red but it didn’t place the entry order to go short, I’m including a pic so you can what I’m talking about.

doesn’t look like it touched either entry

it moves the sl in steps. price touched 161.8 on your fib level, so it moved the sl to 1.318, price retraced and hit your 1.318 level

When I was doing it manually you would cancel and redraw the fibs using the new candle just formed so I thought the EA would cancel that order and redraw for a new order, in this case going bearish. What do you guys do in this case, leave the older entry order on or cancel it so it can open the new one using the new candle.

and I understand that :stuck_out_tongue: but even still, I would read past the first post before deciding to post something haha! :slight_smile: especially if you noticed the OP hasnt been updated in like 6 months.

The R/R ratio is still terrible, but the updates make it much more profitable.

And about your double fib problem, do you have Nonhedging option set to true or false?

The EA will draw the fibs, even if they are too small to trade, just to show you the fib. It will draw new fibs every time there is a setup candle allowing a fib. In the meantime, the previous fib will remain on the chart. If you turn on Debug=true you will see a series of 0’s or 1’s and the description of each on the chart. 0 means condition not met, 1 means condition met, and it will explain why a trade will or will not be taken.
don’t forget to put 5 SMMA High and Low moving averages on the chart, since that is the filter that if the entry falls between the two SMMA’s, no pending trade will be drawn, OR, if the SMMA moves such that the entry is between them, the pending trade will be cancelled.

The EA can be changed to delete fibs/pending trades from past days if not filled and if the next candles will not support a fib in that direction. If the next days candles do support a fib in the same direction, but with new numbers, the pending order and fib will be modified to fit the new candles.

Hi all friend, It is the great information about easy 5 minute trading. Because whose are beginner they want to be rich in a short time. I think that they should follow this thread. Thanks a lot and may be great your business.