Easy 5 minute Trading

lol , .22% in one trade does not a rich trader make.

are you using the EA today or manually trading?

manually, my fib size limit is less at 30 pips

long usd/chf - favorable
short aud/usd - favorable
long aud/cad - neither, fib too small
long usd/cad - favorable
short gbp/usd - favorable

short usd/chf - neither, fib too small
long aud/usd - neither
long aud/cad - favorable
short usd/cad - neither, fib too small
long gbp/usd - neither

James EA has given me the following trades while running 24/7 on auto-pilot this week:

H4 Chart: 32 pips (4 wins / 0 losses)
Daily Chart: 13.8 pips (1 win / 0 losses)

Looking good, how did everyone else get on with v24 of the EA ?

(im using HotForex)

I have attach the EA today version 24. But as i can see from your statistic it only had 4 positions. Tell me please do you have used default settings or you have modifed something?

No your right i have just used the default settings

Ok great i will test it next week. What do You think when we use it on H1 chart?

Interesting. I have thought about that but never tested it, i was concentrating more on the Daily and H4.

Oh also forgot to mention with the EA, the only change i made from the original default settings was to change the default lots to 0.01 instead of letting the EA set the lots by risk

I think I need to bump min fib size to 40 with you guys. I had another losing week

Ok for those interested i have added two new test accounts to my myfxbook listings:

[B]WW-EA-H1_01/10/12 v24[/B]

This is trading James EA on the 1 Hour time frame, now since i expected this strategy to be a failure on the H4 chart as this is a daily strategy, so far the H4 chart has been more profitable than the daily chart.

Whether the hourly chart is profitable or not, who knows, were find out by the end of this week

[B]WW-EA-D_H4_30/09/12 v24 - $100[/B]

This is running James EA on the Daily and H4 chart in this account with a $100 account to give the feel of a real small account using the EA’s built in risk settings to determine lot size.

This might be a nice balance so we get a fair number of trades and some nice pips in the week.

I think this will work well with the default risk settings or even using lots of “0.01”. But this strategy is a conservative one i feel unless anyone has had any other different results?

Go here to see the dashboard of the test environments for this EA i have viewable:

All of James EA’s are named beginning with WW below.

sandybeach’s Profile | Myfxbook

Happy trading everyone :slight_smile:

won’t be trading this method this week. hard drive crapped out. my desktop pc is the only thing that can beep loud enough to wake me up

I set the EA to use stricly tp/sl. No stepping trailing stops or BE. Want to see if it’s “really” making good entry choices. 40 pip fib, hedging with multiple trades possible, trading monday & friday, not closing on weekends.

OK nice. We will see what results You get from this settings.

Interesting thread. Set up #1 on the daily fits my schedule. I have always loved fibs, and have had the most success using them so I will be trying this one out. I like simple things :35:

any updates? how’s the trading going so far this week

new hard drive gets here thursday so I won’t be trading this method the rest of the week

All going well except for one small oddity.

Of 19 pairs running on FXPro demo, GBPUSD is the only one constantly showing “Trade Context Busy” There are currently 5 open trades all behaving as expected. Any one else seeing this ? Wicks 24a in use.

I only have one manual trade going on my USA demo EUR/GBP which is doing good at the moment. Do you guys normally close out trades with NFP coming up or let them ride? Since I’m trading off a daily chart i would think that it should survive, but NFP can be crazy at times :30:

I would expect you are right. Both are equally affected by USD so should maintain there own parity. The weekend break may be more important than the NFP - but is demo so . . . . . . .