Easy 5 minute Trading

seems kind of dead. haven’t heard from the main guys. wonder if thats a good thing or bad thing

After looking back over the charts and todays NFP, on the daily chart it doesn’t seem to make much of an impact as on the smaller time frames. So it looks like going forward I will not worry too much about the news. :51:

I have tested the EA and its trading good but i have one good suggestion how we could get more profits. We should modify the EA so that it close half of position on Breakeven and the half position let it run to BE or to the next TP levels. I hope the creator of EA can understand what i mean. So we will also bank some profits when the position close on BE.

It already does that in effect by the fib trailing stops. Every time it passes a fib point, stoploss moves to that point. if it retraces, it will take out the trade at that profit. if it does not retrace, it will go to full profit.

Those partial profit schemes seem good in discussion, even the fib step trailing stop. But bottom line, if you entries are not good enough to hit full profit sufficient percentage, the ulitmately, the system will fail. I have mine currently set for tp and sl only, no trail. Testing it with this to see what the system “really” will net.

Hi guys not gone, sorry been a tad busy, i am running James EA with the same just using TP and SL, no trailing stop.

Trading on the hourly chart seems to get very few trades considering we have 5 * 24 possible setup opportunities.

The 4 hour charts gave a small profit this week but the daily charts left me at - 60 pips for the week.

I think we could make a much better results when we implement a partial close of position at BE level. Why? The most trades comes to a BE level and afer that reverse and hit BE with no profit and no loss. But when we implement a partial close of 50% at this level we would still have made a profit and the rest of position would run to TP or BE. This would be a great option to this EA. I have tested it and closed partial every position that hit BE with good results.

How are you hitting the 400% tp? It’s a rarity

Just discovered something annoying. The MagicNumber in the EA is not what’s being shown in the settings window, I assume because it’s too long. So, whilc the MagicNumber actually in the code is: 342890342890, it is showing up in the settings window as: 2147483647

What do the rest of you see as the MagicNumber in the Settings?? I want to make sure all future versions will have the same MagicNumber in case you have open trades that still need to be managed.

Thanks.
Jim

Yes, I noticed that magic # issue also but don’t see that it matters. It is not truncated, it is a completely different #. Don’t know why.

Am surprised you finished with a loss last week. I was running 24a (one decimal place only) on FXPro and at one point I saw I was up 1200 $. Because of the Friday close question and NFP though, I closed out at about 1000 hrs GMT which was my local 2000 for about 670 $. Didn’t bother to check the pips as each position size was different.

Now on the same account I am down 26 $ with 1.4 full contracts open as at now 06:45 GMT.

Am also running a Pepperstone account (this on fixed lot sizes) on 23a which is up 1.44 $ on 0.1 contract, aj in small loss and gu up at 3.10. The method is so far is in the black for me and I am just giving it time to see what funnies creep up. Last week the platform was caught in a Context busy trap for a while. Re-booting made no difference and hence my move to add 23a this week to watch for funnies.

I think what is coming up is what MT4 automatically populates if the number is not legitimate, which is an empty_number. Just checked, and yes, that’s what happened. So it will be curious what the “actual magic number” is that is embedded into the trade. It is important that it works correctly, because, the magic number is what distinguishes number of open trades, and trades belonging to Wicked_Wicks EA.

So, I suggest everyone either edit their magic number, or leave things as they are if no problems are occurring. However, the next version (if/when) will have a new magic number, and it will NOT manage any existing open Wicked_Wicks trades. Therefore, if/when a new version is submitted, be sure all open trades are closed before putting the new version on the charts. Or I guess you could just use that “EMPTY_VALUE” number. See screen shot of Comment(EMPTY_VALUE) and the value posted on the chart.

Not a big fan of EA’s anymore, trading manual on Daily. Getting close to first T1 currently up 95 pips on Eur/Gbp. nice first trade on demo will see how it turns out :wink:

Hey James, are you still around here somewhere :slight_smile: I am having heaps of problems with both 23 and 24

My log files are one long stream of (Common Errors ) and actions failed. What can I do ? I like this concept and it looks like it might work but if the EA is not functioning correctly I can’t give it a fair test run. There seems to be a high proportion of dis-connects also but I don’t know why that is as normally my ADSL2+ is pretty stable.

I do have to wonder why Windsor pulled out of here though. Could he have found the method not up to scratch ?

Some pairs are apparently trading OK. I did have a heavy P2P load last night but the problems are not confined to last night. Despite this I am still in the black but am aware such could be because of failed actions as easily as correct ones.

What do you suggest ?

Please show me some of the specific errors and the action(s) that failed. Otherwise I have no way of knowing what the problem is. Connection problems are unrelated to the EA and have to do with your connection, or your broker’s servers. I get lots of disconnects from ILQ, but of course, they always deny that their servers are having issues.

You can compare your broker with demos from other brokers side-by-side. If your broker platform disconnects, and the others do not, its your broker. If they all disconnect simultaneously, its your internet connection. Could be your router or modem. Both are known to fail randomly after a year or more of use.

Interesting re: Windsor as well. He has never returned for comment since we started the EA. As far as I know, he is unaware that we made one.

Sometimes common error is harmless. For example, if you try to modify a trade with numbers that are too close to the previous modification, it will simply throw common error (1) and just not make the modification. As soon as the price moves to allow the modification, it occurs without a problem. So, you may not have a problem at all.

Make sure you have read more then the first page, many changes have been made to the method, i suggest page 9 for starters. :slight_smile:

been awhile, how’s it going for you? Hard drive died last week, and i’m sitting it out this week. kind of runs you down to keep being awakened in middle of night and not seeing anything come from it.

Haven’t been running it, v24 still doesnt work for me.

Im going back to my roots as a ‘scalper’ trying to create a decent short term strategy (which I think I have downpat). James said hed be happy to help program it :slight_smile: can’t wait.

Also waiting :slight_smile:

Im getting there, needs perfecting :stuck_out_tongue:

OK - Yesterdays log file attached and renamed to date.txt for forum. There were a couple of dropped connections but I will wait for your opinion on the rest. I have now put in a small EA that keeps the connection alive - if the server is available. Does not seem an issue though.
Thanks,
AltosT

Hi James - Here is the log from FXPro. Does not show the same disconnect but shows long period of inactivity from 09:20 Hope you know what it means. I don’t.