Easy 5 minute Trading

If I’m reading it correctly, it looks like it’s trying to set the sell stoploss below the price, which of course it cannot do. Not sure why it is trying to modify the stoploss below the the current price, however. I’ve never had it try to do that on mine.

19:35:20 ‘12089’: modification of order #1067768 sell 0.05 GBPUSD at 1.61159 sl: 1.61747 tp: 1.59196 -> sl: 1.61012 tp: 1.59196 failed [Common error]

Do you have other EA’s running that might be trying to modify trades it should not be? Sometimes there is cross talk in EA’s if they were not written with the intention to run simultaneously with others.

Hi Jim - No, only 23a on Pepperstone and 24a on FXPro. Two other FXPro platforms running but no EA’s and all different accounts. Sometimes I do run multiple platforms, on different machines, on the same account but not this week.

Guess I’ll try to put up a HotForex demo to see if I can get the same error.
Which HotForex are you using, ECN, STP, Standard? do you have a setup.exe file you can zip and send me?

Yup, here is Pepperstone setup used. I used a 3k$ account as I just wanted 2 decimal places. I think maybe there is only now the edge style account and razor been dropped. That was their intention but don’t really know if they have implemented.

Pepper.zip (598 KB)

Another thought Jim - If you have a non US broker where everything is running OK, can you tell me who that is and I’ll run a copy there. No point in me using US brokers unless as a last resort.

You’ll have to ask the other guys. I’m involuntarily stuck with US brokers. Tried to install PepperStone with AUD currency base and it automatically switches to USD. Some sort of frigging government control embeded in the code I guess.

Hah ! OK, who do you use ? If I can establish correct function on some broker then I can search for an Aussie or other offshore one where it works.

Anybody else functioning AOK ? Broker is . . . . . . ?

Check with SandyBeach, he’s been getting good function, see who he uses. I use ILQ through EliteeServices, but it’s a pain to set up demo.

Ok, I’ve got the Pepperstone Demo up and have the EA on the basics, EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUDUSD and USDJPY. Default settings.

Just started reading thread, sounds like a very interesting system

Read post #82 on page 9 for the lastest rules of the method, posted by Windsor, the originator. After that, we’ve built an EA to mimic the rules (ideally). It’s in version 24a.
To assure yourself of the system, my suggestion is to do the manual trading initially. If that is profitable, then if you care to, you can utilize the EA, knowing what it is supposed to do.

Just a suggestion.
Can’t remember the exact page of the EA now,but its a few pages back. I think this is the correct version.

Wicks_ea_v24a.zip (11.8 KB)

Hi sandybeach, saw you at Steve’s.

You maybe note my queries in recent posts. Maybe broker problems. Can you tell me what brokers you have found 23 or 24 running OK on please ?

ciao

Hi Jim - What do you make of the attached pic ? Time is Australia EST. Just remembered - this machine seems to have shut down and restarted overnight, last night. This morning the machine was running but the MT4 platforms were shutdown.

not sure what you’re asking, you mean the two blue arrows? Clearly, one of them is the long entry. Not sure what the second one is, since I don’t see any other lines corresponding with it. Doesn’t look like another entry or anhyting. But the long entry is right on.
You should put the 5 SMMA high and 5 SMMA low on to see the 5 SMMA channel filter that eliminates trades during consolidation. That is probably why there is not also a short trade (if you have Allow Hedging = false) else you will only have one direction trading.
To see why a trade is not getting taken, you should select TRUE to the ShowDebug true/false setting in the inputs. Where there is a 1, the condition is met, where there is a 0, it is not met.

Hello babypipsjbentz,

please look at this trade 301 Moved Permanently

This is a very good trading system which already made me good profits. Somebody made already EA for this but it needs to be more better than it is now so maybe you can help with programming it. Thanks

Ah, no. I meant it is showing both buy and sell fib lines from 24a and it has a buy trade running. I thought the sell lines would disappear - maybe tomorrow.

I made it to show the fibs, whether it takes the trade or not, so you can see how the fib presents. Also, some people like to trade both directions at the same time “technically hedging”, so it would show you what trade it would possibly take each direction.
Just because the fib is showing, does not mean it is going to take the trade. Like I said, above, turn on the Debug setting to see if a trade is meeting all the conditions for a trade.

Will take a look.

mmmm . . . . OK on the Fibs. I could have sworn the previous Fibs disappeared once a trade was entered with last weeks setup but I recently had a lightening strike and as a consequence of that I swapped several machines and their OS’s around. I had changed the mq4 code to debug true on the other machine and it looks like I have sent the profile to this machine but used an original 24a where default debug is false. Not sure now. I will set the lot all up differently on the weekend to trade constant lot sizes. It all got rather confusing for a while. Five machines and I had to change email client to Thunderbird for this, my daily machine, with five email addresses. It has come out good but looked all awkward at first. Better next week.

Can’t imagine how you could code an EA to hedge properly but I guess that is an area of your expertise. I have got lazy. I self taught and wrote much code in GWBasic in the early 80’s for engineering calculations. Once done I never made an error and it was fast . . . . . but that’s a while ago.
Thanks and regards,
AltosT

a lightening strike? sheesh, talk about bad luck