Easy 5 minute Trading

Are you using a default settings?

It is, i am quite surprised at this, i think this is due to on the H4 chart you will have 6 possible entries whereas on the daily chart you will have just one within any 24 hour period. I think this is simply down to there being more opportunities and there fib size is large enough to allow enough trades, whereas on the H1 chart due to the movements not being as big as on the H4 and especially the daily chart the fib size is normally too small.

I don’t find this a problem as this is what i expected going lower down the time frames.

So far it does look good to trade on either the H4 or daily timeframes or both.

Yes apart from changing lot size to “0.01”

Has anyone had any success trading with any other currency pairs apart from the default sets we used ?

Hi just looked at my settings and forgot to mention that i have been testing both the H4 and Daily chart using a max spread of 8 pips.

I have now set it to 30 pips to see what happens over the next few days.

I’ve been using this method since my last post a year back. The default sets are the ones that provides the most consistency that needs less tweaking.

Hello. I have successfully added the swing indicator but no luck with the move stop expert advisor. Please help me out. I tried it on tadawulfx account

Thanks, for the last month this strategy has worked really well with James EA.

Have you had any periods in the last year where the strategy did not perform well such as the summer period or bank holidays ?

Hi Jim - Could you have a quick look at attached log. Seems I still have a problem with 24a on Pepper. My platform currently has pending a buy stop on Cad/Jpy opened on 26/10 at 81.90, a buy stop on Aud/Jpy at 83.573 likewise from 26/10 and sells on G/U and NZ/U from 24/10.

The machine is a Sony Viao dual core Laptop running XP Pro as a downgrade from original Vista but performs all as it should in every respect that I can see. It looks from the log that the EA ordered these trades deleted but since Trade Context was busy this was not done and the pendings remain. There are no open orders on any of the 21 pairs running. How does this compare with your Pepper account ?
Regards,
Altos

Hi Sandy - That is an answer I am waiting to see also.

Well i am letting James EA run on H4 and Daily on a demo account everyday regardless of if it is a bank holiday or not, so will be interesting how it does over december !!

My PepperStone demo is running fine, but I’ll check the code… I don’t think I put Context busy prevention around deleting trades, only around open them. If not I can add it. But I suspect something is running slow for you. Hard to say what. Do you have plenty of free ram, and Hard Drive space?

Yes, is on a Sony Viao, XP-Pro. SP3., all updates, all drivers updated, Intel 2 Duo 2.2 GHz., 4 G RAM, 28 G free space on C:\

Wired ADSL2+ connection. Just checked on Speednet, Ping to my ISP is 10 ms. DLD is 7.36 Mb/s Upld is 0.83
which is normal for me. iinet is very reputable ISP., been with them for nearly 10 years. Just checked their server, no dis-connect since 10/18 and we are dynamic. Gulp ! What’s left ?

Ok, I added the Context Busy handling code to the close and delete functions. Hopefully, everything else is the same as teh last time I uploaded it. Calling it v24c now. If anything else acts up, post it. Just afraid I might have tweeked it somewhere in the comfort of my own computer.

Wicks_ea_v24c.zip (12 KB)

Very big thankyou Jim. I will run this on one machine to start and hope none of the silly errors appear. Market Closed is the one that really annoyes me when it is midweek. If going at least OK I will run it on several different machines and brokers. I believe this EA can do well although the current ranging is not suited so I really want to see it functioning. I have 5 totally different machines from XP Home to 7 ultimate 64 so one of them has gotta run it properly.
Regards,
AltosT

Sandy, are you running Wicks on some live accounts ? I notice you felt the Hot Forex Demo servers were not so reliable. I think if I continue to have problems on demo I will put Wicks onto a small live account just in case it is demo server issues. Strange tho’ that Jim is OK with Pepperstone who are in Australia where I am and Jim I think is UK. But maybe the server locations or connects are better - for whatever reason. I know the have servers in the US - so ?? !! ** Regards. AT

Aw geez, sorry mate - Rather than set spread for each individual chart I change, at the moment, the mq4 file to 10 and that covers all. Easier setup. When compiling this morning I get :
Compiling ‘Wicks_ea_v24c.mq4’…
‘Use_ATR_for_fibo_size’ - comparison expression expected C:\FxPro - 04\experts\Wicks_ea_v24c.mq4 (295, 7)
‘Use_ATR_Multi_for_settings’ - comparison expression expected C:\FxPro - 04\experts\Wicks_ea_v24c.mq4 (944, 10)
‘Use_ATR_Multi_for_settings’ - comparison expression expected C:\FxPro - 04\experts\Wicks_ea_v24c.mq4 (957, 10)
Function “TradingConditions” is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

I had a look but am not familiar enough with mql to pick up the problem. I do notice in 24a you had Use ATR for x = FALSE but 24c Use ATR for x = 0. Changing this had no effect though.

The MT4 editor does not seem to show line numbers in edit mode. I used to have Boxer code editor which could provide line numbers so was easy to find something. I don’t know if the MT4 editor line count is literal, ie counts all lines whether data or not and various other mental blanks, I do know MT4 is likely to unpredictably, do anything. :frowning:

Its all fine. Comparision just means instead of a True or False boolean which = 1 or 0, I actually used integers 1 and 0. The program executes it the same, but you can include the integers 0 and 1 in the optimization engine, but you cannot optimize True/False.

Also, functions not referenced and not included in the code just means there are functions made to do something, but I decided not to use it. Still I don’t want to delete it, so the computer just compiles the executable code without the unnessary code included.

It’s all good, will run.

The “Use_ATR_for_fibo_size” was a try at letting the EA resize itself for the current ATR, but it was worse, so by setting it to “0”, that’s the comparison thing mentioned above, it means “False”, i.e. don’t use it. 1=True, 0=False.

Good luck.

I did start the beginning of this week live and have made only 3 pips profit this is due to the Sandy hurracane causing havok and messing up the live servers but other people on other brokers have had the same problem. Otherwise the EA is great I’m going to skip live trading for this week and let everything calm down.

I do have it running on one small live account but it looks like hurricane Sandy has caused more damage than I thought as I think the UK internet link to the US goes very close the storm zone so I think all the outages has caused slot of congestion so I don’t think this week is fair live test.

Thanks Jim - Appreciate it. Sea kayaking tomorrow to blow the dust of and the cobwebs out. ALL go on Monday.

Sandy - yes, bad week. Is NFP tomorrow ? What a time to have it. Sometimes in the past they have delayed it a week so maybe tomorrow too.

Cheers,
AltosT

Yep today has been a bad week, but these are things beyond our control, what is important is we dont trade blind we pay attention to what is going on, i only made 3 pips profit this week on my live account but my rule is if i can get a profit in a bad week, quit early and relax. Better than a big loss !

Also seems like multiple brokers are having all sorts of problems with the damage done by the hurricane so probaby best to stop trading until the damage has been repaired and were not getting problems with the brokers.