ElectroFX Pure Price Action Trading

Hi Theo,

We go back months and I have to say, your price action lessons and explanation, do cover all subjects. I started with the free membership. studied and learned how to be profitable. now I moved to a paid membership and this amazes me, lots of video’s, material and prompt responses via email and the forum on both stupid and difficult questions.

Why everybody watches this thread without responding…perhaps everybody thinks that there is no such things as a free lunch…but Theo does :slight_smile:

cheers

Generaal Goudvis

General G is correct.

Theo has mastered pure price action trading and his education system in 2nd to none. His philosophy is that no one should lose money discovering if trading FX is right for them. This is why he offers so much quality information for free.

I have used Theo’s pure price action techniques to develop into a consistently profitable trader. The last 6 weeks I have experienced 30 straight trades without a loss, trading intraday, using these methods. This while holding a full-time day job. The dedicated MT4 server account allows me to set EAs, shut down my computer and go about my business while constantly being updated on the status of my updated via email alerts. This limits my screen time. I don’t stare at a screen like I used to. Set and forget it.

I highly recommend these techniques to any new trader.

nice sharing sir

Interesting thread. Will keep an eye on this

Hey guys. I use this intraday trading style and system. I only trade the Euro /USD and Pound / USD. Here are some of the winning trades that I took in Late January.

Since mid December I have take roughly 35 trades. Of those 24 were wins, 10 were break even, and I had 1 loss for 12 pips.

b

All of these are shots of my entry chart. I enter all trades on this chart. I use higher level charts as my map for support and resistance areas, waves of movements, candle stick patterns etc…

I will continue to post my trades for anyone who is interested.

Nice trades Rob,

This thread could actually have a home in both the swing trading section and the day trading section.
The reality is that once you learn this style of swing trading it can easily be executed on a day trading level.
The beautiful thing is that you learn one set of concepts and you can do the same thing intra-day when you are focused, then switch to doing the same thing intra-week when you are on your holidays (with the help of tools, a VPS, and a smartphone of course)

ok will Check out the thread, but here is another for today…cha ching!:wink:

Also had a BE on a GU short…you can see the earlier entry. Got too close to pending Pound red news and exited…

Thanks Theo.

Late Friday trade.

EU long, 1-1. I stick 1-1 on Friday afternoon. Normally I would have held expecting price to surge to the box. But took the profit and ran with no open positions over the weekend. No losses this week!:59:

My goal of at least 50 pips was met for the week.

Cheers!

Good safe play for Friday afternoon Rob,
shame the weekend got in the way, that one went to the box as usual :slight_smile:

Took this double tap entry pattern long using a pending buy line, but exited for a 12 pip scalp. Didn’t like the slow moving price action, LL on the brown line and the 4th / 5th Wave on the M8.

Was happy with the small gain.

Counter Trend short Euro/ USD. 20 pips… 1-1 Risk Reward… I try and stay 1-1 when going counter trend. Normally when price skews I move to break-even on my SL, but the skew was small and dollar was gaining strength, so I stuck with the plan.

Things worked out!

I like the way you explained this video thank you efxpa , i will be looking at some of your other videos.

Took a loss today. The first trade was a breakeven long on the Euro-dollar. The second was another long for a 24 pip loss. I took the second trade based on the area and a decent pattern. Plus the Pound dollar had been gaining strength. Some Eu leader commented on Euro zone interest rates and the Euro dropped. But that is why we have stop loss lines.

This my first legit loss in two months.

:18:

I will continue to post all my trades, lose win, or draw!

The trend is your friend! +24 Pound/ US Dollar Long

Hi Robsfx,
what timeframe you trade?

I love price action trading, but still I have turned to mechanical strategies due to my emotions. I have been trading swing/position supply & demand for years with only small profit. Partly due to emotions taking control. Im trading the slingshot strategy which im back testing to death on forex tester 2. Not the best yearly gains (around 20 to 40%) but its completely mechanical so no emotional overload. Just started trading this on a live account starting with $200 beginning of Feb 2014. Account growing so far. Im continuing with the back testing to really build a solid confidence level. I only trade daily, weekly & monthly bars, however i’ve ditched the daily for now as I work full time. I will incorporate daily bars when I trade full time. ‘When’ being unknown at present.
I would like to know if anyone else has back tested there price action strategy & what results there getting annually?

Hello vijaim:

That is not an easy question to answer. I trade multiple time frames depending on what pattern surfaces/ the speed of the market. However, I tend to stick with lower time frame trades. I believe this is the safest way to trade and the easiest psychologically. I rarely hold a position overnight and never over the weekend. I only trade high volume pairs (EU, GU & occasionally the AU). I trade around news events, but do not play the news…this is gambling, in my opinion. Many times I am in a trade for less than 30 minutes, hit TP and I am done for the day.

As far as specific time frames…The software I use generates a self adjusting renko chart based on a year average of market price. I like renko because it takes the sideways price action out of your charts, emphasizes highs and lows. I find that renko wave patterns are much easier to read than traditional candlesticks. In FX…the simpler the better. My charts run off of a 24 hour server, so I can shut off my computer and my EAs still run. This also guards against internet and power outages and allows me to log on to my charts on any device quickly with no adjusting. I couldn’t operate any other way. Check out my trade screen:

This is a shot of the Euro dollar and the pound dollar. Many times they trade in tandem so it is helpful to view them simultaneously. The far left windows are where I enter all of my trades.

The middle charts are for waves of movement, supt/res areas, and larger scale entry patterns. The daily candles and supt/res help map things out further.

It looks complicated, but all I really do is wait until price is in a good area, at the right time.(no pending red news) and then wait for the correct wave entry pattern. There is no debating over a candle pattern with me. I just look for specific proven entry triggers. They are simple to read.

Here are the patterns I look for on my entry chart. They are all short entries…reverse them for longs

The ideal pattern… price action pullback buy/sell on the 2nd or 3rd wave…freakin money in the bank!

I believe the problem with trading only one time frame, is you tend to get tunnel vision if you can’t see the big picture. One time frame’s support is another time frame’s resistance.

It is really about learning how to view all of the evidence, put all the puzzle pieces together, then set your lines, turn your computer off, and have a normal life. I don’t stare at computer screens all day.

I only believe all of this because I have made every mistake in the book, liquidated accounts, stayed up all night in losing positions, but didn’t quit.

I want to spread the word to others, that success in this game is possible. Of my last 45 or so trades over a 2 month period…I have had roughly 12 break evens, but only 2 losses for a total of 36 pips. My goal is 50 pips or more per week trading at a 5.0 lot size or higher. My Lot size is not there yet, but am gaining ground and experience.

This game can be mastered, but you have to go through the process, there is no way to circumvent the process. Build the skill-set and then support it with proper habits and mindset. I didn’t understand this early on.

Any questions let me know.

Cheers!

Thanks Robsfx:-) Very well explained.
I have been trading for last 3 yrs…not sucessful yet…Though my Trading stratergy was ok, Greed and Fear pulls me back sometime.

After that, it takes longer time to come back to breakeven… I’m learning from my mistakes… And i agree with you, this game can be mastered.Im not going to give-up. I will be keep learning and avoid old mistakes

And one more question…

When you say buy/sell on the 2nd or 3rd wave- Could you please explain me how you count waves

Pls anwser when you have time.
Thanks again for your time :slight_smile:

Hi viijais.

I am not an Elliott Wave tech expert. I simply count the pushes up or down on my H3 to H6 (medium level) chart. I do not consider waves of movement on my entry chart. Once price on the H3 to H6 level breaks to lower low, I look for a pullback sell at a supt/resistance box with a proper entry trigger.No entry trigger, no trade. The opposite is true for a long trade.

If the trend on my mid-range chart has 4 or more pushes down (lower high followed by lower low) (reverse for long) then I stay 1-1 on my risk reward. 5th wave or more tends to indicate that the move losing steam, especially if the waves are shorter on the 4th and 5th. Again I am not using any true Elliott Wave theory here. With the renko charts, simply counting the color change pushes up or down to LL or HH is a solid indicator. 2nd or 3rd wave seems to be the most solid.

I make videos of all my trades. This helps me become a better trader by explaining my thoughts behind each trade win or lose.

Here is the latest

Feb 13 Trade | Rob’s FX Page