Ema Step System

Hi there,

I�m seeing that GBPJPY is on a daily cross candle. Could someone advice me if I can try an entry at the begining of the next candle?

I ask someone to write a review on how to use the system for persons like me that are just to start using it and don�t have the time to read all pages of threads passed.

Rgds

You don’t have TIME?? Maurizio spent hours writing detailed explanations and answering questions and most of us have spent hours reading it all to understand it properly.
If you want to learn how to use this system, I suggest you create some more time … and start reading. It is all here in this thread.

Excellent set up today on GBP / JPY.

100 pips so far, has met the central BB line, lets keep an eye on this…if it breaks we’re laughing. If you look at the USD/JPY and the EUR /JPY they have already crossed the central BB line, if GBP/JPY follows suit i think prices will rocket.

Approaching support though so as i say, keep an eye out.

If you don’t like the uncertainty, get out now while ya still in decent profit.

:smiley:

Exactly, I recommend reading it twice . FX is no easy money. Its research, testing, and retesting, then repeat. Dont expect too much, if you dont want to invest the time, TO LEARN. I can give you a quick dollar if you need one , but dont expect the FX to give you one.

If you DONT HAVE THE TIME, then put your MONEY on the Tampa Bay RAYS to win the World Series, you will have better odds.

REGARDS

The G-Y is being a huge tease today … so what else is new? :smiley:
Looks like you are using the 14, 3 setting on daily BB Maurizio, is that correct? And if price crosses above the center BB line on daily, that would be your confirmation of an up move (if stochs & volume confirming I assume).
I agree the next move up could be huge and all 3 jpy pairs seem to be ‘chomping at the bit’ ready to go … but in Forexland, ya’ never know…

Also GBP giving a strong reversal (back up) signal on the daily which could further power the G-Y move up. We shall see :wink:

What a difference 2 days make … now G-Y looks down and the step EMA more biased to the downside, also on the 3 hour. The Malaysia guy who writes about the G-Y in the Cross Pairs area also sees it as completing a down wave maybe to 199 or below. What a gift!

Next week is … another week. We shall ride the waves and hopefully survive & prosper to ride them again :smiley:

Wait for the right set-up…easy money.

:smiley:

Am gonna be drunk again this weekend :wink:

First off, we started off using an EMA of 1. LOL… You need more than one sample in order to calculate an average of anything. As the thread went on we got some threads on this topic. “X marks the spot”…LOL.

Still more time passes and people start loosing. According to the original system:

[B]I have RSI (14), Slow Stocs (14, 3) and CCI (20) up too, this is just my preference, i use it to try and predict when a cross-candle will appear…for this system [I]i don’t really need them[/I].[/B]

However, now the system starts growing more complex and is changing. The latest is some combo with Bollinger Bands. As people report more losses, the system will start changing yet again�lets see, something like this: �Ok, I am calculating the BB widths by taking my shoe size and dividing by my body weight- forgot to mention that.� Some of the sheep will continue to follow and finally it will die�like so many of these other threads.

I don�t know why people do these sort of things beyond the need for attention.

easy money, getting drunk tonight my peeps …LOL!!!

Well, thanks for your input.
The BB were introduced to help ppl define tops and bottoms. If you read the entire thread you may see where i was coming from.

I am not gonna rush to the defence of this system, if you don’t like it, don’t use it.

I am happy with it, it makes me money …and that was the point of showing others how to do it.

If you have any experience in Forex you will know that each person has their own style and preferences in trading, just like everything else, what is good for the Goose may not be good for the Gander.

I make roughly 150-600 pips a week with this system…depending on market movement.

Why don’t you take the time to share with everyone your system…as it is obviously so much better than everyone elses.

We all eagerly await your reply.

That’s what I wonder too when out of the blue someone feels they need to make posts like yours!! :confused:

[quote=ThrowingCopper;50034
However, now the system starts growing more complex and is changing. The latest is some combo with Bollinger Bands. As people report more losses, the system will start changing yet again quote]

To be honest I dont think you really get it. I am not a great fan of systems but this is one of the more logical approaches to the market. If you are a systems trader it does need constant refinement and attention for an ever changing market (part of the reason I dont like them). It is often the case that few people other than the author can really use them successfully because the system has been developed to suit one person. My observation is that successful system traders use a great deal of discretion in their use of the system which is often not realised by themselves. I will not forget early in my trading career being with a colleague as she traded the ASX live and as she looked at the incoming bid/offer lines said this ‘doesnt look right’ and exited just before a big move against her. That wasnt in the system that she had been teaching us but separates the big winners from the rest in my opinion

If you look at the images below, on the Daily chart, there is an EMA cross exactly inbetween two candles… Do you count the EMA cross occuring on the left candle or the right candle?

Also, the second picture shows a valid entry point on the 3 hour chart but this is going in the opposite direction as the Daily Chart. Did anyone enter this trade? Or is it not recommended (based on past experience) to enter a trade on the 3hour chart which goes against the direction of the Daily chart?

Did anyone enter any of these trades?

Hi to everybody,

I’m reading about this EMA system since the first post and I find it interesting.

My problem is with CCI, I don’t know really how to read it. Most of the time is between -100 and 100.

The EMA cross, stoch is over 20/80 and CCI is between -100 and 100…what does it mean?

Thanks

I’m sorry I forgot to ask an other thing.

The Stoch have to be over 20 or 80 for entry signal?

Thanks…you guys are helping a lot

Excellent post and should be must reading for every forex trader. All too often I have seen a strategy chart posted that didn’t exactly follow the rules and the writer’s explanation afterwards revealed that he/she “saw something” that gave pause. Just remember, the least lagging indicator on the chart is the candlestick itself. d.

Not sure why you need a 1 EMA ?? Price closing above/below the 5 EMA is the same as a 1 EMA crossing the 5 EMA.

Just a note because I see the same question coming up a few times…

The cross “on a candle” really means the cross “during a candle”. You aren’t looking for the lines on the chart to intersect at a certain place, but just for the event to happen during the lifetime of the current candle.

I like my own EMA cross system and it too will generate a fair number of false signals, but as stated, they often reverse and re-reverse in short order – especially on the shorter time frames that I’m watching. Similarly, I too watch things like the RSI, CCI, stochastics and bollinger bands to help figure out which signals are “real” and/or have the best odds of working out well.

It is true that if you watch a currency pair long enough on one charting time you can eventually develop a “feel” which is hard to explain.

Anyway, if you are a beginner, don’t expect any automated system to be an easy path to riches for you. If it were that easy we’d all have done it by now…

looks like a valid cross today on the eurusd:

Hello,

I’m using IBfx. The 4h chart on eurusd shows a good setup for a short entry at 20:00 GMT. Stochastics is a bit oversold and CCI is also low, but both are pointing down. There is a level of support at 1.4700 so that would be my target. The current 4h candle is about 50 pips high so the stop loss would be around 38 pips. I’ll include a 15 pip trailing stop.

rafa.

LAST MINUTE EDIT after 20:00 GMT:
I entered short at 1.4753, trailing stop=15, mental stop @1.4789

eurchf short @1.6157, sl=1.6210
eurjpy short @1.6091, sl=162.0000
usdcad long @1.0528, sl=1.04800

keep an eye for
eurcad long 4h chart
eugbp short 1d chart